Will/Should Von be active vs. the Fish?

Will/Should Von be active vs. the Fish?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. WILL Von be active vs. the Fish?

2. 2. SHOULD Von be active vs. the Fish?

Poor Von. He's a proud player with a highly distinguished football history. This situation must absolutely be eating away at him.

His likely Hall of Fame career is ending on a whimper, not a bang.

of course, he will be.  McD will say he had a good week of practice, and that he has "experience in big games."  All true, perhaps.  But, this is a guy who is not fully recovered.  He should not play.  He's being outplayed on gameday by everyone else.  

From what I have seen this season, no, he should not be active.  But I trust the coaches to evaluate how he looks in practice and then make the decision.  Between his age and his injury, he may be done.  Now that the Bills made the bold move to sit him last week, it would not be as big of a deal to sit him again.

13 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Life be lifein, as they say 🤷🏼‍♂️?

Am I the only one that notices that HUDS has been bringing the funny everyday, all day for the last while?

You're such a freaking beauty, HUDS, honest to goodness.  The Bills are in playoff mode and NHK has been right there with'em every step of the way with his jocular chirpin'.

Full steam ahead.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boater said:

Poor Von. He's a proud player with a highly distinguished football history. This situation must absolutely be eating away at him.

His likely Hall of Fame career is ending on a whimper, not a bang.

There's 120 million reasons why I won't be shedding a tear.  I expected at least the same production he gave the Rams.  So far a collasoll disappointment. Burn it all down Von.

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I hope even if he's not playing that he's engaged in meetings and teaching the younger guys what to do in certain situations. His experience is his best asset at this point

I guess that's better than nothing. Let's shut him down for the season and see what's left of him next September?

Edited by LABILLBACKER

15 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Absolutely not. 

Yep, I voted "NO" and "NO".

Not worth a roster spot.  As mentioned a thousand times here over the last few weeks, I have moved on to hoping legal problems in Texas allow us to back out of his K and see ya later.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Am I the only one that notices that HUDS has been bringing the funny everyday, all day for the last while?

You're such a freaking beauty, HUDS, honest to goodness.  The Bills are in playoff mode and NHK has been right there with'em every step of the way with his jocular chirpin'.

Full steam ahead.

I can only ever hope to emulate, never duplicate what Donuts brings to the table—think of it as Bill Walsh to Sam Wyche, for example. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The reality is every DE not named Floyd is unreliable.  I would role the dice the Miller can have an impact play or two.  Sometimes these veteran stars just seem to make something happen when it is needed most. 

Epenesa had zero impact plays last week. Neither did Rousseau.  Miller's presence alone may make McDaniel or Tua think twice when assigning blocking schemes.  Maybe that is enough to free someone else up.

Reality is, if we need our 4th DE to be a difference in this game then they have already lost. 

As always this game is solely determined on Josh being smart and accurate.  Bills should be able to put up 35+ on this defense.  Then you can put any body you want at DE to rush the passer the entire second half.  Hell you can even rush Dorian Williams from that spot if you want.  

Agreed. Situational only. He has the experience to make a big play. 

16 hours ago, FireChans said:

No x 2.

von is done. He has played his last down as a bill.

Nah, he has one more year here before they can get out of his contract.  Can't see any scenario where he isn't here next year just because of the contract.  The only thing would be if his off field issue progresses to where they can void his contract.  

I don't disagree that he, at least so far, looks done or close to done as a player.  I just don't think the Bills have any recourse until after this next season if memory serves me correctly regarding his contract. 

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

As much as you all seem to despise our HC, McD has this D playing fantastically.   I trust his decisions here.  And honesty, it takes major backbone to sit him given the amount of loot the Bills invested.

Its really surprising to me that more people don't see this or acknowledge this. 

Von obviously isn't back to where he needs to be, and he'll be back next year unless he retires or goes to jail. Why take the risk that he'll get hurt again and miss all of next season too.

Floyd and Epenesa have been playing well and Lawson I'd have more faith in, that puts him at DE #5 or #6, Shut him down this week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.