Peacock subscription question ( Bills game related)

Steptide

So I know the game this Saturday is only on peacock and I have to subscribe. No issue there. My question is, they have 2 subscriptions to choose from and I don't know if I can choose either one, or I have to subscribe to a particular one to get the game. I'm sure I won't be the only one with questions as the week goes on. ThanksĀ 

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

So I know the game this Saturday is only on peacock and I have to subscribe. No issue there. My question is, they have 2 subscriptions to choose from and I don't know if I can choose either one, or I have to subscribe to a particular one to get the game. I'm sure I won't be the only one with questions as the week goes on. ThanksĀ 

Generally these services are ads vs no ads.Ā  Programming is the same.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Somewhat related question--I understand that the game is being shown on broadcast TV in the Chargers' home TV market.

Ā 

I'll be in Santa Barbara on Saturday. Does anyone know if the Chargers' home market extends to SB?

Ā 

No. Santa Barbara is KSBY NBC 6, which is a secondary market to LA. It's on KNBC 4 in LA. Do you get that?

Ā 

The game is also free for all Xfinity and Spectrum customers.

Ā 

Otherwise NFL+, subscribe, sports bar, or nefarious means.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Steptide said:

if you are a Comcast/ xfinity customer you can get it for free.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

Will the game be on the YouTube NFL Ticket, or do I need to get Peacock to watch the game?

Ā 

No, not on YouTube ST since it is national, unfortunately

Ā 

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

if you are a Comcast/ xfinity customer you can get it for free.

Ā 

And Spectrum.

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, eball said:

Donā€™t waste money on the no-ads version if youā€™re only subscribing to watch this game. Ā I signed up for premium and will cancel it next week. Ā $5.99 to watch a Bills game is a no-brainer.

Ā 

Same but as someone kindly reminded me, wildcard weekend Saturday there will be an exclusive peacock game. So assuming you just signed up pay the $5.99 get the bills game then a playoff game all within a month. Will cancel right after thatĀ 

• Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, chongli said:

Spectrum

Where on spectrum? How do you know. Is there peacock network?

i donā€™t think this is standard

send a link if you are sure.Ā 
Ā 

I doubt it. $5.99 for me to be sure I can watch! Ā Greedy bastards. Cancel after WC. WC ratings would go down on this crap lame stream. GMFB made fun of it today. More media have to come out. So stupid

Edited by Since1981
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

'm too old for this crap!Ā  I'll probably just sign up and then cancel.

This isnā€™t an age thing. Itā€™s just stupid to parse games out to specific and exclusive niche streams. At least Amazon has 200M subscribers. Peacock? A joke.Ā 

IMG_0239.jpeg

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Can you tape the game on peacock?Ā 

I have been trying to figure this out too, and I am not sure. I believe there is no DVR option, but I am not sure.Ā 
Ā 

Maybe it works like games on Amazon prime, where you can start it later but from the beginning?Ā 
Ā 

I am going to test it out with the earlier game that day.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Donā€™t waste money on the no-ads version if youā€™re only subscribing to watch this game. Ā I signed up for premium and will cancel it next week. Ā $5.99 to watch a Bills game is a no-brainer.

Ā 

There is a peacock playoff game this year to. I will probably sign up then and then cancel after one game. It's on locally here for me so I don't need to buy it this week

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Where on spectrum? How do you know. Is there peacock network?

i donā€™t think this is standard

send a link if you are sure.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

https://www.peacocktv.com/spectrumoffer

Ā 

EDIT: the offered expired Dec 7. šŸ˜žĀ Perfect timing for Peacock to screw customers. Thanks to @The Jokeman for noticing!

Ā 

Edited by chongli

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

So, just saw that there will be playoff games shown exclusively on peacock this year?!Ā 
Ā 

looks like I might have to keep

my subscription now for two Months. Ā Pretty ridiculous.Ā 

Ā 

The second WC game on Saturday primetime Jan. 20 is on Peacock only. Still falls in 30 days of the Buffalo game 12/23, so only one month is needed.

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks to an alert from a TSW post ( thank-you) I got a Black Friday subscription from Peacock for $19.99 for 12 months.Ā 
I knew it was the only way to view the upcoming game live and there were other shows my wife and I would possibly watch. Ā So, $19.99 wonā€™t break us. Itā€™s less than a couple movie tickets. Itā€™s not worth it to me going through all the stupid sign-up, username, email address, password trial subscription rigamarole B.S. and then canceling, just to save a few bucks. Get it for a month at $5.99. BFD. What would you spend at the sports bar?

Edited by SoMAn
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Can you tape the game on peacock?Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have been trying to figure this out too, and I am not sure. I believe there is no DVR option, but I am not sure.Ā 
Ā 

Maybe it works like games on Amazon prime, where you can start it later but from the beginning?Ā 
Ā 

I am going to test it out with the earlier game that day.Ā 

Ā 

58 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think you can with the more expensive subscriptionĀ 

Ā 

56 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Lovely. NBC sucksĀ 

Ā 

FIOS will not allow you to record unless you rent their box and you can transfer to media.Ā  When you stop renting you lose capacity of watching what you record.

Ā 

I am surprised someone has not patented a device like a screen protector on a laptop and it fits in front of your TV and records to internal media which you can transfer to other media.Ā  I searched through patent database.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Thanks to an alert from a TSW post ( thank-you) I got a Black Friday subscription from Peacock for $19.99 for 12 months.Ā 
I knew it was the only way to view the upcoming game live and there were other shows my wife and I would possibly watch. Ā So, $19.99 wonā€™t break us. Itā€™s less than a couple movie tickets. Itā€™s not worth it to me going through all the stupid sign-up, username, email address, password trial subscription rigamarole B.S. and then canceling, just to save a few bucks. Get it for a month at $5.99. BFD. What would you spend at the sports bar?

Ā 

Peacock Student Discount

Get Peacock Premium for onlyĀ $5.99Ā  $1.99/mo. for 12 months.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Ā 

No. Santa Barbara is KSBY NBC 6, which is a secondary market to LA. It's on KNBC 4 in LA. Do you get that?

Ā 

The game is also free for all Xfinity and Spectrum customers.

Ā 

Otherwise NFL+, subscribe, sports bar, or nefarious means.

I am w/Xfinity... How do you get game or find it...??

There is a code forĀ 7-day free trial for Peacock Premium out there.Ā Expires Dec 20

https://svglogomaker.com/blog/peacock-promo-code/

Ā 

Ā 

There is a website which states there is a free trial for Peacock but not 100% this is a peacock site.

https://www.peacockfreetrial.com/

Ā 

Link goes to PeacockTV site but I see no free site.

Ā 

Would not be first time I found deal on Peacock which does not exist,

I got a Peacock account so I could watch Eureka (ad supported) and had email saying my account was permanent.

When they stood up Premium they closed down the free service they sent a link to be able to sign up at a discount being an original customer but the link never worked and they never sent correction.

Ā 

Edited by Limeaid
added more info
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Ā 

Fortune article fromĀ December 16, 2023 at 10:00 AM EST seems to think there is a a free trial

Ā 

How to watch the NFLā€™s Week 15 of the 2023-2024 season live online for freeā€”and without cable

https://fortune.com/2023/12/16/watch-stream-nfl-football-games-live-online-free-without-cable-2023-season-week-15-what-channel-fox-cbs-abc-nbc-espn/

Ā 

I am guessing they had too many free trials and stopped it without advertising it.

Edited by Limeaid
added info
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

We have our cable with Xfinity but our internet with Verizon (FIOS). Do you have to have Xfinity internet to get it?

Ā 

I just re-read the link. It has changed for Xfinity TV customers:

Ā 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs

Ā 

"What's happening with Peacock on Xfinity?
Peacock Premium is no longer included at no additional cost for all X1 and Flex customers. However, a new offer may be available to you depending on eligibility requirements. If youā€™re not eligible for an offer and donā€™t wish to subscribe to Peacock, youā€™ll still get a free sample of Peacock programming."

Ā 

"Peacock Premium (currently $5.99 per month) is no longer included at no additional cost for Xfinity X1 and Flex customers. However, you may be eligible for a new offer."

Ā 

Ā 

But it is available for free for Xfinity NOW customers. Not sure what that is:

Ā 

"NOW TV customers:

You canĀ receive Peacock Premium included as part of your service.*

If you currently receive Peacock Premium with your Flex service, you may need to reactivate by going toĀ xfinity.com/activate-peacock."

Ā 

Ā 

When did this change? Right before the Bills game??? It seems like there is a coordinated effort to make people subscribe to Peacock.

Edited by chongli

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.