2024 Opponents Thread (as of 12/29)

boyst

Listen, I know it's only Dec 16 and we have 8 more games ahead but message boards are to generate discussion of all sorts of things. So, unless we want to determine the ratio of pickle just in Christmas cookies or the importance of 3.5 we can mess around with this...

12/31

Home (fixed):

Jaguars

Titans

Cardinals

49ers

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Home (TBD):

Broncos 

Away (fixed)

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Away (TBD)

Browns 

Packers 

------------------------------------

12/29 - Broncos to Raiders

Home (fixed):

Jaguars

Titans

Cardinals

49ers

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Home (TBD):

Raiders

Away (fixed)

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Away (TBD)

Browns 

Vikings

------------------------------------

Home (fixed):

Jaguars

Titans

Cardinals

49ers

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Home (TBD):

Broncos

Away (fixed)

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Away (TBD)

Browns 

Vikings

----

I like getting a revenge game for the Broncos. The close proximity of the Browns game is nice and the listless fan base of the Rams and Vikings is nothing im concerned about. The Colts and Texans could be interesting next year. 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, boyst said:

Listen, I know it's only Dec 16 and we have 8 more games ahead but message boards are to generate discussion of all sorts of things. So, unless we want to determine the ratio of pickle just in Christmas cookies or the importance of 3.5 we can mess around with this:

12/16

Home (fixed):

Jaguars

Titans

Cardinals

49ers

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Home (TBD):

Broncos

Away (fixed)

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Away (TBD)

Browns 

Vikings

----

I like getting a revenge game for the Broncos. The close proximity of the Browns game is nice and the listless fan base of the Rams and Vikings is nothing im concerned about. The Colts and Texans could be interesting next year. 

I have never heard anyone call the Vikings fans listless. That’s a tough place to play. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like having the 49ers game here. 

Being that the Super Bowl Champs open the season on Thursday night, a Bills/49ers Super Bowl rematch makes the most amount of sense for that first Thursday game. 

That'd be incredible.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Technically we had the Jags at “home” this year 😑

….and I have watched less NFL this year after experiencing that farce. Bills games only for me this year. They seem to be going out of their way to piss me off in various ways, including all the streaming services where I have drawn the line and refuse to add Peacock. 

26 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I like this schedule a lot. I won't like it as much if/when Broncos, Browns, Vikings becomes Chiefs, Ravens, Lions

Even tho it means we win the AFC East and get a home playoff game this year, get the Chiefs at our place in 2024?

17 hours ago, boyst said:

Listen, I know it's only Dec 16 and we have 8 more games ahead but message boards are to generate discussion of all sorts of things. So, unless we want to determine the ratio of pickle just in Christmas cookies or the importance of 3.5 we can mess around with this:

12/16

Home (fixed):

Jaguars

Titans

Cardinals

49ers

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Home (TBD):

Broncos

Away (fixed)

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Away (TBD)

Browns 

Vikings

----

This can't be right, we're not playing in KC!!

The irony is the one year we play the AFC west opponent at home, high likelihood we won't be in the same position in the standings as KC so don't play them in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The irony is the one year we play the AFC west opponent at home, high likelihood we won't be in the same position in the standings as KC so don't play them in Buffalo. 

So the Bills get the AFCW at home the next 2 years, so there’s still a good chance at least 2 out of the next 3 played against the chiefs will be in Buffalo 

1 hour ago, RG Murdock said:

image.png.533edea2d7f57691139d6ed97c8b0ef3.png

I'm 34, and actually attend Bills and other NFL games. I doubt you could afford a ticket. Stay home in your mom's comfy basement. 

Dude if you're 34 you are the epitome of millenial still living at home in your mom's basement.  Clearly I struck a nerve with a joke - relax buddy.  I know it's a big time today, everyone is tightly wound...didn't realize the meme would get you so bad.  Take a xanax or whatever you need to calm down, enjoy the game, and Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

We play the matching ranked opponent in the west. So I'm sad that will be the case 

• Like (+1) 1

• boyst changed the title to 2024 Opponents Thread (as of 12/25)

FYI—- the current schedule formula goes through 2025.

2002-2009, 2010-2017, 2018-2025.

starting in 2026 they could change team pairings.  Right now BUF-MIA are a pair that decides who they play at home and road in divisions.  These could get reshuffled.

they could shuffle the home-road rotation formula for placement games

————————————————————————-

In 2025 the 17 th game AFC-NFC placement game will be AFC at NFC for 2024 and 2025.  It’s to balance out home-road over 8 year cycles.

———————————————————————-

For 2024….placement games 

2nd place — DEN/LV, at CLE/BAL, at GB/MIN
1st place — KC , BAL/CLE, at DET

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, djp14150 said:

FYI—- the current schedule formula goes through 2025.

2002-2009, 2010-2017, 2018-2025.

starting in 2026 they could change team pairings.  Right now BUF-MIA are a pair that decides who they play at home and road in divisions.  These could get reshuffled.

they could shuffle the home-road rotation formula for placement games

————————————————————————-

In 2025 the 17 th game AFC-NFC placement game will be AFC at NFC for 2024 and 2025.  It’s to balance out home-road over 8 year cycles.

———————————————————————-

For 2024….placement games 

2nd place — DEN/LV, at CLE/BAL, at GB/MIN
1st place — KC , BAL/CLE, at DET

While we never know for sure a year out, being a WC this season looks better for next season -especially with the current playoff format. I expect an 18th regular season game and a 2nd Bye will be adopted soon. I know that’s the League plan.

and back to 2 teams per Conference getting a playoff bye

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

While we never know for sure a year out, being a WC this season looks better for next season -especially with the current playoff format. I expect an 18th regular season game and a 2nd Bye will be adopted soon. I know that’s the League plan.

and back to 2 teams per Conference getting a playoff bye

how do you do the playoffs with a 2 team  bye with 7 teams making the playoffs?  You can go 8 teams where 4 WCs play then winners play #3 and #4 div then # 2 and #1 have 2 weeks off.  Then 18 games snd 2 weeks off.  That would 3 weeks pushing Super Bowl to early March.  

there would be sports push back forcing them to start say in mid august locking the Super Bowl to first Sunday in February.

3 hours ago, chongli said:

So you expect the NFL to add an eighth playoff team per conference?

Not just that, it then means adding another week to playoffs having a 4-8 WC weekend, next week winners play 3 and 4, then winners play 1 and 2. Going 18 g + bye adds 3 more weeks to season.

• Like (+1) 1

• boyst changed the title to 2024 Opponents Thread (as of 12/29)

Updated...

As of now

Home (fixed):

Jaguars

Titans

Cardinals

49ers

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Home (TBD):

Broncos 

Away (fixed)

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Away (TBD)

Browns 

Packers 

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

If we win next week it is a lock already because the first place teams cannot be caught. It would be a very hard schedule.

Home (fixed):

Jaguars

Titans

Cardinals

49ers

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Home (TBD):

Chiefs

Away (fixed)

Texans

Colts

Rams

Seahawks

Jets

Patriots*

Dolphins

Away (TBD)

Ravens

Lions

By comparison if Miami wins next weekend...

AFCE

@Indy

@Houston

@Seattle

@Lions

@Ravens

Home:

Niners

Chiefs

Cardinals 

Jaguars

Titans

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.