Around the NFL Week 15

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

So who do we want to lose? Steelers or Colts?!

Mathematically it’s the same.

However the Steelers have a more difficult remaining schedule, so more likely to lose again.

Go Steelers.

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

bengals win brought them from 10th to 6th. 

Only temporarily (others haven’t played).

• Like (+1) 1

Unless it brings you some level of enjoyment, I wouldn't live and die on the games from other playoff contenders.

Keep it simple.  The Bills win out, or they don't deserve to make the playoffs.  I know it's a difficult task to win out, but it was the Bills who put themselves in that position by blowing so many games they should've won this season.  Now it's time to do something special to dig ourselves out of the hole, or well, it's onto the draft and free agency.

A lot of Bills games are already torture to watch.  I don't see the point in adding to the torture by living and dying on a Bengals-Vikings game on a Saturday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I would actually say it might be better for the Steelers to lose today if one of these teams do. The Steelers getting a 7th loss and playing the Bengals next week would make them easier to root for to beat the Bengals. I wouldn't want them to play each other both at 8-6. I'd rather have the Steelers at 7-7 give the Bengals a 7th loss and if we beat the Cowboys and Chargers the next 2 weeks, it would put us ahead of both instead of one 

But all of this is based on the Bills beating the Cowboys. That is hardly a given.

I'd argue a Steelers win is better to cover off the possibility of the Bills losing tomorrow. Then, in all liklihood, one of the Steelers or Bengals will drop to 9-6 next week whilst the Bills should go to 8-7 or 9-6 themselves, depending on tomorrow's result.

And, as I say it, the Colts take the lead.

1 minute ago, harryS said:

Unless it brings you some level of enjoyment, I wouldn't live and die on the games from other playoff contenders.

Keep it simple.  The Bills win out, or they don't deserve to make the playoffs.  I know it's a difficult task to win out, but it was the Bills who put themselves in that position by blowing so many games they should've won this season.  Now it's time to do something special to dig ourselves out of the hole, or well, it's onto the draft and free agency.

A lot of Bills games are already torture to watch.  I don't see the point in adding to the torture by living and dying on a Bengals-Vikings game on a Saturday.

haha. So true. 

1 minute ago, harryS said:

None of this is life or death but that shouldn’t stop Bills fans from rooting for other games to work in their favor. 

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

Why was Warner blaming Minchew for the incomplete pass to Pierce? 

Hes a freaking hater. And one of his old team mates from nyg - a wr. Said “hes all about his stats and not being to blame “ 

said he wouldn’t throw Hail Mary a bunch or jump balls bc he didn’t want InT or incompletions 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, harryS said:

This is so true. And anyone who says they disagree with you, finds enjoyment in the torture. Which makes me wonder why they’re disagreeing with you 😆

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Hes a freaking hater. And one of his old team mates from nyg - a wr. Said “hes all about his stats and not being to blame “ 

said he wouldn’t throw Hail Mary a bunch or jump balls bc he didn’t want InT or incompletions 

Right on. Guess he got in the booth because he’s a hall of fame player, but the words coming out of his mouth are because he needs hate on others to make himself feel better. 

Just thought the throw was masterful and it’s on Pierce to get his head and hands up to catch an on-the-money Touchdown pass. 

These teams are both trash........

And they have the tiebreakers over us because of our own stupidity and both could get in the Playoffs while we sit at home.  Makes me sick thinking about it.

I swear, we'll be the best team in the AFC Playoffs or miss the Playoffs completely.  So frustrating.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Obviously it wasn't the head coaches fault for the way JA played against the Jets, the pats, jags and Denver. He wasn't the one throwing interceptions nor was either one on the field trying to stop the other team. I'm not trying to make excuses for him he has made some bad calls but he isn't on the field making plays. I love Josh Allen, likely the best quarterback the bills have ever seen but it's on his shoulders for those losses earlier in the season as well as the defense.

Do you honestly think Josh would've played exactly the same against those same teams if Brady had been this seasons OC?  It was 100% Sean's decision to ignore players like Diggs (and their complaints) and stick with Dorsey.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

But all of this is based on the Bills beating the Cowboys. That is hardly a given.

I'd argue a Steelers win is better to cover off the possibility of the Bills losing tomorrow. Then, in all liklihood, one of the Steelers or Bengals will drop to 9-6 next week whilst the Bills should go to 8-7 or 9-6 themselves, depending on tomorrow's result.

And, as I say it, the Colts take the lead.

I understand it's based on if we beat both the Cowboys and Chargers. It's still the better outcome. Giving the Steelers a 7th loss and having them give the Bengals a 7th loss is better than having both play each other at 8-6 next week and having one team go to 9-6 and the other at 8-7. If the Steelers go in 7-7 and beat the Bengals to have both teams go 8-7 is much better if we get both the Cowboys and Chargers to go to 9-6

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I understand it's based on if we beat both the Cowboys and Chargers. It's still the better outcome. Giving the Steelers a 7th loss and having them give the Bengals a 7th loss is better than having both play each other at 8-6 next week and having one team go to 9-6 and the other at 8-7. If the Steelers go in 7-7 and beat the Bengals to have both teams go 8-7 is much better if we get both the Cowboys and Chargers to go to 9-6

That makes sense

21 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Simply put, if the Bills can’t beat the Cowboys, Chargers, Patriots and Dolphins all in a row then they won’t win 4 playoff games in a row. This is them studying for the final test 

So every SB winner won 4 in a row throughout the season?

Not related to the game rn but I was listening to Vikings fan do play by play and he said the Vikings have the best defense in the league because they only allowed 1 TD in 4 games (played bad teams like Falcons, Bears, Saints). He kept saying until the Bengals started going down the field at will. He no longer thinks they have a top 5 defense lol

14 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's still the better outcome. Giving the Steelers a 7th loss and having them give the Bengals a 7th loss is better than having both play each other at 8-6 next week and having one team go to 9-6 and the other at 8-7. 

This doesn’t make any sense mathematically.

Matchup of 8-7 teams don’t matter. Either way, there will be a 7 win team.

If Colts win today, they likely get a wildcard spot. Their schedule is easy. And Browns too.

That leaves 1 spot for several teams to fight over.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I wish you all would come to consensus on who we want to win, so then I'd know the other team is the one that will prevail.

It's all rather droll.

Colts have:  Falcons Raiders Texans

Steelers have:  Bengals Seahawks Ravens

To me, it looks like the Colts have the easier schedule for sure.  So, it would be great for the Steelers to give them a loss today.

On the other hand, the Steelers have the Bengals (who I think will kill the Steelers next week), a very inconsistent Seahawks team, and a Ravens team that may be resting starters in the last week of the season depending on how things go.

So, all that said, I think it is still more likely for the Steelers to lose 2 of 3 rather than the Colts who I can definitely see winning 2 of 3.  So, for me, it's rooting for the Steelers all the way today.

EDIT:  For the record, the Colts are going to win this game easily today.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that's irrelevant. you can't change the past. it wasn't dorsey throwing those interceptions that were game changers. the only thing you can do rather than looking back is look ahead and hope, as it has (the change to brady) already shown, that brady running the offense is what has helped win them some games as long as JA avoids the turnovers and hope they can win 4 more? regardless of when coach made the decision, it was made and proved to be the right decision. had he not done it, then you would have to believe he would be relieved of his HC duties at the end of the season, extension or no extension ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.