Gabe Davis- Do you want him back and for how much $

NewEra

Do you want to resign Gabe Davis- If so, how much should we pay him?  

408 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gabe Davis back? If so, for how much $?

• No- I don’t want him back- I’m over him.
    • Yes- but as a WR3-5 and under 5M aav
    • Yes- He’s an average WR2- I’d pay him 5-9M aav
    • Yes- He’s a good WR2- I’d pay him 9m+ aav

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Woohoo!  Super Bowl. 😂😂😂

Way to conveniently leave out what I said I'd actually want them to do.

The smartest course of action would be to let Gabe walk and invest in a R1 WR. Look at the Vikings with Jordan Addison, that's the model you want ideally. Maybe even double dip in the 3rd round. 

Regardless, Gabe is going to get a contract in the 11-15 million range most likely.  I'd rather have a rookie WR than pay 12 for a guy who is way too streaky.  

12 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Youse guys are going to lose your minds when the Bills resign Gabe to a team-friendly deal and draft a safety in the first round.

is that you McDermott?  ;) I don't dispute the need for secondary. But, I do think having a REAL WR2 helps stars like 14/17 stay happy and a great offense helps a defense much. Beane's Douglas move gives warm feeling that he can swing WR2. This team needs a fast WR to marry with 17's unique arm strength. It's our competitive advantage--need to double down on it.

It seems like he has become less of a #2 receiver and more of a role player. But I think he is very good at his role, so if they can sign him for role-player money, I'm on board. I just don't think that's realistic given some of the high profile big games he has had. Someone is bound to give him a big payday if he hits UFA. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Way to conveniently leave out what I said I'd actually want them to do.

The smartest course of action would be to let Gabe walk and invest in a R1 WR. Look at the Vikings with Jordan Addison, that's the model you want ideally. Maybe even double dip in the 3rd round. 

Regardless, Gabe is going to get a contract in the 11-15 million range most likely.  I'd rather have a rookie WR than pay 12 for a guy who is way too streaky.  

We will see.  To find a guy who can start and be productive right out of his 1st training camp is not easy.  

On 12/15/2023 at 9:34 AM, Bruffalo said:

Career wise though it's not.  Gabe has less receptions but around the same yards, and way more touchdowns. Davis is also praised as a great blocker and Jones is not. 

Duly noted. I definitely have some recentcy bias.  He’ll probably go off for 3  and 200 tomorrow and make me forget.   Fingers crossed.  

Unless Von Miller goes to jail I don't think they can afford to pay anyone. This is kind of a moot point as they will have to go to a draft pick. Had he balled out they wouldn't have been able to keep him either. I think people are underestimating how bad that cap situation is. 

I don't want him back at almost any price. He'd be taking up a valuable roster spot that should go to a real #2 (either rookie with traits and production or a free agent; because of our cap situation I prefer the rookie route). 

And I don't want him at a number 3 or 4 also because of the cap situation and I feel Shakir can do the job of a 3 or 4 at much lower cost.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I just think it's hilarious that 40% of fans think Gabe's willing to agree to 5M or less. Options 2 & 3 are not even realistic and should be thrown out. 

I think it’s hilarious that you think we believe he would sign that contract. 

“do you want him back for for how much?”

Voting for that signifies that we wouldn’t want to pay him more than 5M.  If you don’t know…..now you know

The Bills need to get a younger Diggs. They should be shooting for Tee Higgins versus resigning a lazy route runner like Gabe. Someone will overpay a Gabe and give him $13-14 per year, which is what sporttrac valued him at, so we might as well just dump him, trade Knox and then go after Higgins at $16-17 and also seek a draft pick WR since this draft is stocked at WR. We need dynamic players out wide. Even Marquis Brown would be an upgrade though Higgins runs much more of the route tree.  Sherfield has been an utter waste of money so he’s gone also. 

11 minutes ago, Locomark said:

The Bills need to get a younger Diggs. They should be shooting for Tee Higgins versus resigning a lazy route runner like Gabe. Someone will overpay a Gabe and give him $13-14 per year, which is what sporttrac valued him at, so we might as well just dump him, trade Knox and then go after Higgins at $16-17 and also seek a draft pick WR since this draft is stocked at WR. We need dynamic players out wide. Even Marquis Brown would be an upgrade though Higgins runs much more of the route tree.  Sherfield has been an utter waste of money so he’s gone also. 

Yea need some radical changes 

im thinking Michael Pittman 

4 /84 M 56 guaranteed ?

On 12/15/2023 at 7:40 AM, Bill from NYC said:

i wonder what it would be like if the Bills dedicated the 24 draft primarily to blockers and wide receivers. 

We have nothing to compare such a scenario too, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.