James Cook's Kamara-esque game...

Special K

30 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Imagine Cook’s numbers if he could actually pass protect so they didn’t have to replace him to keep Josh from getting killed.

One of the biggest plays Cook made was when they sent him on a wheel route after he bypassed the pass rusher and Josh laid a beauty on him for like 20 yards.  The scheme can limit any "liabilities" Cook may have in pass protection.  I've seen improvements in his pass blocking in the last few weeks, so I'm not buying that narrative.  We were leading or tied the entire game, and we just stopped running the ball in the 2nd half.  Inexplicable and inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Special K said:

10 carries 58 yards

5 catches 83 yards 1 TD

I remember reading somewhere that James Cook said in an interview that he wants to model his game after Alvin Kamara.....well he sure did a good job of that today!

Having a dynamic RB that can both run and catch passes out of the backfield is the perfect type of RB for a QB like Josh Allen.

I hope Cook continues to grow and improve, and that this game was the first step in his becoming that Kamara-esque RB for the Bills he wants to be!!!

Having seen Cook play last year, and Damien Harris play over the years, I thought going into this season that Harris would be the first down back and Cook would have third downs.   I really wasn't overly impressed with Cook his rookie year.

But the more Cook grows, the more he grows on me.  He was big time yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Felt Brady got away from run game for some reason. Chiefs got pass rush going .. enough of the wasted sideways bubble crap screens. 

We needed ONE single run in order to get the clock to 2 min warning and we passed 3x. I agree with this statement. 

• Agree 1

Loved Cook’s game yesterday, wish they would have handed him the ball more, especially last five minutes of each half.

Anyone else get nervous on his backflip into the endzone though?  I was far from a professional athlete and surely couldn’t pull that off, but definitely made me hold my breath for him. LOL

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

to bad everything on the bills only last for 2 qtrs....kinda strange.   cook looked great though.  

Yeah I don't get this at all either. He looked like Thurman Thomas in the 1st half and then they get away from him in the 2nd.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

I’m watching him have this monster game and thinking boom there is the mismatch I was looking for with Diggs and Gabe taking some attention and now I thought it would be Kincaid 

so they did a great job and - lo and behold he’s got us a 14 pt lead!

ok let’s put 26 in now ?

why on earth did they “pull” him….dude should have had 250+ himself he was unstoppable 

Funny - people were running him out of town last week becuase he dropped one against the eagles 

I'm pretty sure he gets tired and needs to be spelled from time to time. Plus, these days almost every team is running back by committee. It's fine. Cook is not a bell cow back. He is slight of frame and has never been a back that is on the field all game long.

One game is good, but two is a trend!!

A truly elite performance by Cook today!

25 carries 179 yards 1 TD

2 catches 42 yards 1 TD

Only blemish was that he dropped a walk in TD reception which would have given him 3 total TD's.

Amazing how effective he has been since Brady took over as OC......how bad was Dorsey that he could not properly take advantage of his skillset.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Don’t look now but Cook is 2nd in rushing yards in the NFL behind only CMC. And 3rd in total yards from scrimmage behind CMC and Hill. 

I just looked up that stat and was gonna post it myself. Beat me to it, good on you. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it’s pretty safe to say at this point that james has taken over his brother

Certainly present Dalvin Cook

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Don’t look now but Cook is 2nd in rushing yards in the NFL behind only CMC. And 3rd in total yards from scrimmage behind CMC and Hill. 

If you told me at the start of the reason that we would have a younger, cheaper CMC on the roster I would tell the team to get sized for rings.

Right now, Cook is the most potent offensive weapon Josh has not Diggs. And good. Now maybe we have a solution for bracket coverage.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.