Asked before...... But any "wow" catches this year by a Bills receiver???

Billsfan1972

4 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Doesn’t a “wow” catch typically mean the ball wasn’t super accurate and the receiver had to make some sprawling adjustment to catch it? 

I feel like having to do that isn’t what you’re going for. 

Sometimes and all qbs have those throws 

other times the window where your guy can make a play is a tough catch on an intentional throw 

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly don’t care about wow patches

I want consistency

There are a few excellent consistent teams. To win it all you usually need a few moments of “did that seriously just happen” that work for you, as there will also be a few that work against you 

Davis had a TD where it was a laser away from his body and he plucked it out of the air with his hands. Can’t remember which game, but it was difficult.

Shakir’s catch and run obviously.

Opposing WRs have made 5 more impressive catches for TDs than our most impressive catch in any situation. Definitely a down year for that group.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Davis had a TD where it was a laser away from his body and he plucked it out of the air with his hands. Can’t remember which game, but it was difficult.

Shakir’s catch and run obviously.

Opposing WRs have made 5 more impressive catches for TDs than our most impressive catch in any situation. Definitely a down year for that group.

Again Shakir's catch & run was more "How did Allen stick that laser beam into such a tight window and hit Shakir between the #'s?"

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I remember a catch by Diggs, early in the year, in the open field but Josh threw the ball way too high and Diggs went way up and somehow got it.  Thought it would be overthrown for sure.

Anyone remember that one?

I do.  Yep one.....😜

14 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I'd say the one last week to Diggs was a wow catch ... Diggs was surrounded by Eagles flapping their wings and the ball was so low it almost hit a battery that was thrown onto the field.

👍👍 to both Diggs and Allen on that one.

That is a great (as I say "wow") throw and just a nice catch.  Yes Diggs is the best receiver on Buffalo, but any pro receiver should make that catch.  

• Like (+1) 1

Actually I can think of a few by Gabe Davis.  I can think of 3 where he speared an absolute rocket that was out in front of him that he grabbed on a dead run.  Then there was one at the 2 yard line in a comeback attempt with no room at all at the sideline.

As someone above mentioned, it's more a consistency problem with Gabe.  He also has some wow drops. 

35 minutes ago, BCAS Baritone said:

Actually I can think of a few by Gabe Davis.  I can think of 3 where he speared an absolute rocket that was out in front of him that he grabbed on a dead run.  Then there was one at the 2 yard line in a comeback attempt with no room at all at the sideline.

As someone above mentioned, it's more a consistency problem with Gabe.  He also has some wow drops. 

Here we go again, blaming Allen's fastball???? I guess the perfect fastball Gabe deflected resulting into a Denver int, would have been a wow catch?

Catching a sideline pass in bounds is what is practised. All pro receiver catches and little else. AJ Brown, Ceedee Lamb, Justin Jefferson and countless other receivers are having a good laugh....🤣

Edited by Billsfan1972

22 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Watching other teams highlight by nature will skew towards thinking highlights are more common elsewhere. 

We haven’t had a ton of acrobatic catches but I do think sometimes we take for granted that catching some of joshs lazers coming through crazy windows can still be extraordinary on the receivers part. 

Opposing defenses don’t seem to have any trouble with them

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sure name them and let's see highlights/clips.  Really I am curious.

lol, you think I care enough about this topic to go find specific plays over 3/4 of a season and post them here to counter peoples over the top negativity?  

Yeah, hard pass lol

On 12/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Seem to ask this every year but we're 12 weeks into the season and I have yet to see a catch by Bill's receiver and go "wow".  Am I being too tough on the receiving Corps?

Maybe Diggs 1-2, but can't think of any.

Of course watching other teams' highlights, I seem to see them over and over again.

Conversely we see passes that Josh Allen makes and go "wow" but as said not seeing the same from a receiver making a play and bailing out the team

This could just be a Bills bias, so just wondering.

No.  I saw more “wow” catches in the two college games I watched this weekend.  Bills receivers rarely do more than what’s expected, and frequently they do less.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Shakir TD was a wow play to me, but recency bias means I don't remember much from before NYG game, and I don't think much since

Again that was not a great catch by Shakir it hit him right in the #'s.  It was a "wow" pass by Allen.

Edited by Billsfan1972

52 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again tjay was not a greay catch by Shakirot hit him rifhtnin the #'s.  It was a "wow" pass by Allen.

I was more impressed by the run after catch but I don't recall many wow catches in that manner as you describe over the past few years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

No.  I saw more “wow” catches in the two college games I watched this weekend.  Bills receivers rarely do more than what’s expected, and frequently they do less.

You will see more “wow” catches in college for the simple reason that college quarterbacks are by and large not as accurate as NFL quarterbacks. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.