Joe Brady on the Allen/Davis Miscommunication

Scott7975

I take this as an honest assessment and taking accountability.   Practice that play so that both QB and WR know if DB is taking inside or outside techniques which direction the throw should go.  I will assume that it is done but reinforcing it will help.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Gabe, Josh, and Brady have all said it’s on them. But I used ranch with my wings, made a Philly with deli meat, and washed it down with a cold Budweiser. So this falls on me. It’s an opportunity to grow and I’m thankful for it. ✌️

Actually no

Allen said it was Allen's fault

Brady said it was Brady's fault

Davis said it was Allen and Davis's fault

• Thank you (+1) 1

Here is the PC today that the quote came from.  It was the first question for people who don't want to watch the entire thing

Also talks about Cook going out after the dropped catch on the first drive.  Said that had nothing to do with why Cook was out.  It was about getting other guys going.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The fact that it’s anyone’s fault and not a walk in touchdown shows just where this team is right now. We are WAY beyond the time where these two veteran players are even talking about this. Way past! 

I mean Allen and Davis literally scored the go ahead TD mere minutes prior. They can get it done. Not all plays connect. Dems da breaks. 🤷‍♂️

I'll go with Brady and chalk it up to coaching. Again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Oh come on. If anyone was gonna get that line it was gonna be you. You know this line...had to have been a coming of age classic for you if my math is right 

1. I have no idea what the reference is. 

B.  Did you just call me old, you ***** cow fister??

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So Cover 1 seems to think it's on Allen...but they also seem to think these are the same play.

Perhaps I'm blind but isn't that a safety still in the middle of the field in the second clip?

They are the same play but different coverages. In the 2 examples a S or LB is at or outside the left hash so a throw outside makes sense. Against the Eagles due to blitz the middle was WIDE open. Going outside just makes it a tougher throw for Josh. I get why Josh threw it inside for those 2 reasons. But he pulled the trigger too early imo too. He had a second to wait to see where Gabe was going.

in full, I think the route was Gabe’s bad and throwing too early Josh’s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Look familar?

Exactly...straight go route...no cuts

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

A coach taking ownership. 

Not used to hearing that from our head coach 

I applause Joe Brady for that

Yup, he's already taking more accountability on one play then McExcuse has in 7 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Actually no

Allen said it was Allen's fault

Brady said it was Brady's fault

Davis said it was Allen and Davis's fault

Allen takes blame for everything this offense does wrong. Doesn’t mean he is, he’s just not gonna throw anyone under the bus. That’s the leader he is

• Like (+1) 2

mistakes are always gonna be made, but when you gain an identity for specific kinds of mistakes over a period of time, that is on the coaching. Brady is new, so it's not really on him, but it is his job to clean it up. 

by either teaching them how to do it right, or getting rid of it if they can't figure it out. 

there is another angle as well. It was often talked about how much time Peyton Manning spent time with his receivers making sure they knew what they were supposed to do and how to do it. not sure if that was all overblown, or if that was something he went above and beyond with to separate himself from the 3rd, 4th, 5th best qbs in the league, etc. 

Edited by Man with No Name
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.