Joe Brady on the Allen/Davis Miscommunication

Scott7975

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I already liked this guy way more than Dorsey.  Now I love this guy way more than Dorsey.  He actually tries to fix the problems instead of just status quo hoping people stop making mistakes.

I like Brady but this quote doesn't show me anything.  What's he doing having Davis in a key spot?  Those plays at this point should be Diggs, Kincaid, Josh run, or maybe Shakir/Cook.   That's plenty to choose from - those ridiculous plays with Sherfield and/or Davis were terrible.  Not the time to get cute. 

If they anticipated a blitz that ball should have been going to Kincaid.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 5

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I already liked this guy way more than Dorsey.  Now I love this guy way more than Dorsey.  He actually tries to fix the problems instead of just status quo hoping people stop making mistakes.

What I took from that is he doesn’t say that “pressure” or challenge. He calls it an opportunity. Love that! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I like Brady but this quote doesn't show me anything.  What's he doing having Davis in a key spot?  Those plays at this point should be Diggs, Kincaid, Josh run, or maybe Shakir/Cook.   That's plenty to choose from - those ridiculous plays with Sherfield and/or Davis were terrible.  Not the time to get cute. 

If they anticipated a blitz that ball should have been going to Kincaid.

Thank you....at this point I don't want Gabe involved in any deep blitz plays.  This team has more reliable options.  And I don't care how many people step in and take the blame.  I'm convinced in a "blitz 0" you don't have time for routes involving cuts.  It should've been a straight fly and turn around.  And that's what Josh threw.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

When Gabe is re-signed people gonna *****, people gonna kill me. Which are they gonna do first?  

For me it depends.  If he is resigned cheap and they draft someone high in a WR deep draft then Im ok with that.  If they resign Davis to a big contract and don't draft someone then I think that is a mistake.  I dont think Gabe is as bad as people make him out to be, including myself, but I also think we need to improve there.  Davis drops too many balls for me and I think he and Josh, regardless of whose fault it actually is, is just not on the same page too often.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The fact that it’s anyone’s fault and not a walk in touchdown shows just where this team is right now. We are WAY beyond the time where these two veteran players are even talking about this. Way past! 

Which is why Dorsey needed to go. It is Dorsey's job to get these guys on the same page or run plays that eliminate that.

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The ***** part is (I know it’s easy to say from tv) the dude was wide open, just throw it to him. Didn’t even need the option nobody was back there. Just put it on him. I know that’s not the play but sheesh

The point at which Josh needed to throw the ball that isn't possible.  Davis was going to run one of two routes. Josh threw that ball before that break happened.  Thats why it went incomplete. I don't know whose fault it is and I don't really care.  The problem needs to be fixed.  They aren't on the same page too often and they need to get on the same page or run different plays to take that out of the equation. That is where Joe B is taking the blame.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Which is why Dorsey needed to go. It is Dorsey's job to get these guys on the same page or run plays that eliminate that.

The point at which Josh needed to throw the ball that isn't possible.  Davis was going to run one of two routes. Josh threw that ball before that break happened.  Thats why it went incomplete. I don't know whose fault it is and I don't really care.  The problem needs to be fixed.  They aren't on the same page too often and they need to get on the same page or run different plays to take that out of the equation. That is where Joe B is taking the blame.

I disagree on the Dorsey comment. These guys are supposed be professionals! This is not Pop Warner. Josh and Gabe have been together for YEARS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I disagree on the Dorsey comment. These guys are supposed be professionals! This is not Pop Warner. Josh and Gabe have been together for YEARS!

So I guess we dont need any coaches at all then?  What do you think a coaches job is?  Its more than just calling plays bro.  Maybe you think its just coincidence that the offense has been way better since the firing.  I assure you that Joe B is using the same playbook and we are still running the same plays.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.