In all honesty, who in the 3rd quarter didn't expect the final result we got?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I was watching with a Philly fan friend of mine. He kept getting nervous every time the Bills scored or the Eagles got a bad penalty, etc. I just looked at him and said, "don't worry, I've seen this movie before - the Bills will find a way to lose this game". Sad, but it played out exactly the way I knew it would. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Their offense had adjusted and our defense didn't react.  We played not to lose.  We played undisciplined.  We made critical mental and physical errors.  We mismanaged our timeouts and the clock.  We got passive.

Been there, done that with this regime (and others).  The Houston playoff game.  The Arizona game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  

Half the time, we crush bad teams.  The other half, we play to the level of our opponent (good and bad) and in more than half those games we come up short.  And there are very few bad teams in the playoffs.

As much as I've supported "the process" and who brought it to our team, I've accepted that he is not a good gameday coach.  I'll go so far to say he's a liability on gameday.  And everyone knows it, including our team.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Their offense had adjusted and our defense didn't react.  We played not to lose.  We played undisciplined.  We made critical mental and physical errors.  We mismanaged our timeouts and the clock.  We got passive.

Been there, done that with this regime (and others).  The Houston playoff game.  The Arizona game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  The Chiefs playoff game.  

Half the time, we crush bad teams.  The other half, we play to the level of our opponent (good and bad) and in more than half those games we come up short.  And there are very few bad teams in the playoffs.

As much as I've supported "the process" and who brought it to our team, I've accepted that he is not a good gameday coach.  I'll go so far to say he's a liability on gameday.  And everyone knows it, including our team.

I didn’t. I fully thought we would win the game until we didn’t. Maybe a couple plays prior.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I expected it. I expected it before the game even started. I suspected it would be close, and how do we fare in close games? I never let my guard down, even when we were up by 10. I knew the hammer was coming. I expect this against The Chiefs as well, and probably the Cowboys. We need to score and get the lead with 1 second on the clock to win these close games.

I thought bass would make that kick and it was essentially over with how our offense was playing 

I thought the eagles would miss that final fg 

when that ball was in the air in ot I thought we for sure won the game. 

I didn’t think we’d lose until Philly picked up a couple first downs on that final drive.  

I knew it was coming but I was also watching the game with my wife, the eternal optimist when it comes to the Bills.  They could be down 24 points with 4 minutes to go and she'll stick to the anything can happen theory.  Then blames the loss on me for bring "so negative'.  I say I'm a realist as I point out historically how many times the defense has blown a late lead and the huge number of bonehead decisions our HC has inflicted on us.  This backdrop leeds to an additional element of pain.  

But yes, I knew that FG would have been good from 80 yards  if necessary, a rogue wind or a hawk swooping down to grab the ball and fly it through the goalposts would have appeared. If there is a God he must love screwing with Bills fans more than anything else.  My message back is I want to speak to your manager.

And I knew like the rest of us the only chance to win was a touchdown on the OT

drive because while few things in life are certain one thing thst is, is the Bills defense will blow the game at the end. Sadly, the only person unaware of this was the only person that could make the decision to go for it.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was hoping that this time it was different. Like a kicker would miss a 60 yarder in awful conditions after a HOF C got 2 penalties in a row. But deep down, I knew he was going to make it and we would lose. 

they only good thing about being a Buffalo fan is it doesn’t completely break you when it happens again. It’s like a bad relationship. They cheat on you, call you fat and ugly but every once in a while, they are super nice and tell you how wonderful you are.  And then they do it to you again. 😞

but it will make it that much sweeter if by some miracle of God they actually win one (which I assume will result in a meteor hitting the earth). 

And the Eagles are the exact opposite at adjustments. 

Seems to be. Down four straight games at half. Won all four. Think they’re pretty good at adjustments. 

3 minutes ago, 27yanks said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 60 minutes of want to, fire and grit. The whole team is in a funk, and McD is past his hold on team. Burn it down, rebuild while your franchise player is still in his prime. 

Or 70...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Not only that he is lousy on draft day, whereas he makes defense the top priority. He is a fraud and a liability to this team. :( 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

And not for nuthin, but having the Bills app play the shout song on my phone with updates as we go to yet another heart-ripping defeat sure doesn't help.

The Buffalo Bills make me want to pout! Throw my hands up and c'mon now?!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is exactly what happened.

I always have to watch our games on time delay due to the time-zone difference.

Well, sure enough I got home last night and turned on the game with the sense of impending dread hanging over my head.

The first half was great, but at halftime, my doubts began to creep in.  When the Eagles scored to bring them within 3 points, my inner voice was telling me, “Hey Dummy, we’ve seen this before!  They’re going to blow it!”

Sure enough, I paused the game and looked online for the final score.  That did it for me, and I simply turned off the TV.

History repeats.

I really hate to write it, but it’s time for McD to go.  We need to find someone that can get us over the hump and actually win these close games once in a while, instead of finding new excruciating ways to lose.

• Like (+1) 1

Not only did all of us fans expect the Bills to lose once we got into overtime, the Bills players expected it too.  Until they win an OT game and get the monkey off their backs, it will continue to crush their chances.

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

When the play of the game is Jordan Phillips jumping Offside and taking down three guys, you know it's not going to be a superbowl year

That play at least might present a solution to the tush-push play.  When the ball is on the 1 yard line and the Eagles line up for that play, the defense should all just go offside, punishing the O linemen and if possible grabbing Hurts to the point where the Eagles realize they shouldn't do that.  The penalty is half the distance.  OK, line up and do it again from the 1/2 yard line.  Punish the O linemen, and maybe get one of them to flinch early.  If necessary, do it over and over.  The ball will never cross the line that way, but the Eagles might have second thoughts.

3 hours ago, 27yanks said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 60 minutes of want to, fire and grit. The whole team is in a funk, and McD is past his hold on team. Burn it down, rebuild while your franchise player is still in his prime. 

The Bills have a solid core on offense besides.  The defense mostly all became senior citizens at the same time, and needs to be rebuilt.  The coaching staff needs to be replaced.  I suspect a new coaching staff will want a completely different kind of defensive personnel.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I had no confidence in our defense when the Bills scored the go ahead touchdown.  I was pretty sure Philly would easily get into FG range which they barely did.  

Then after when we settled for a FG I was pretty sure Philly was winning the game.  We’ve just seen this too many times this year 

8 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Only his fanboys,  they believe we owe him a job for life for being so successful since Levy left,  no mention how our HC'S in between never had a top NFL QB

9 hours ago, Utah John said:

That play at least might present a solution to the tush-push play.  When the ball is on the 1 yard line and the Eagles line up for that play, the defense should all just go offside, punishing the O linemen and if possible grabbing Hurts to the point where the Eagles realize they shouldn't do that.  The penalty is half the distance.  OK, line up and do it again from the 1/2 yard line.  Punish the O linemen, and maybe get one of them to flinch early.  If necessary, do it over and over.  The ball will never cross the line that way, but the Eagles might have second thoughts.

I like this. Hire a sumo wrestler to play DL just for this play.

I expect what happened Sunday to happen in every single game.

The Bills have a long history of finding unique ways to lose games in spectacularly incompetent fashion.

Aka "Billsy" fashion.

Some years they don't meet expectations in that department. In other seasons, like we're witnessing now, they exceed expectations. 

And so it goes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.