Bills took the best team in the NFL to OT…

appoo

While having a huge chunk of their salary cap on IR or basically washed 

whole fighting the refs in a horrifically officiated game 

while at a decided talent disadvantage on both sides of the ball 

on the road 

and y’all want to fire the head coach who’s has had nothing but 10+ win seasons for like 4 years in a row now?

It took the Eagles kicking a SIXTY YARD FG IN THE RAIN to get to OT. The Eagles had a better DVOA than the Bills.

There was no reasonable analysis that had the Bills winning this football game before the snap. 

Literally demanding the HC be fired for EXCEEDING expectations 

Nah this ain’t it 

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 7
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 2

There’s no excuse, ever, for letting Mac Jones and that terrible offense easily drive down the field and beat you. 

McD makes the same mistakes constantly with his game and personnel management.

You can’t really expect his game management to change at this point.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I get it, trust me, I have felt the same for a long time.

But.....  We cannot sit here and just accept that there is an inability of the defense to stop offenses every time the game comes down to them and be fine with it.

Only 1 game I remember against a quality opponent that they stopped them.

(KC last year, giants this year does not count because they got lucky and they are a bad team) 

If the offense scores a FG in overtime, then as a defensive minded HC (supposedly a good one), you should be able to win that game.

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

We know....this team is beyond moral victories, they are/were expected to be the best team in the NFL.  What's the point....the expectations are to win even vs the Eagles.  The expectations are to execute and not have miscommunications...the expectations are to catch the ball.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Agree 1

If 10 win seasons and only making the playoffs is your goal, then keep McD.  

He got us out of the drought and will always be appreciated for that.  However, we now need to get over the next hump, which is elite Super Bowl contender.  

There is no evidence to show he’s capable of that.  There’s moreso evidence to prove he’s not. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, CaliBills said:

I get it, trust me, I have felt the same for a long time.

But.....  We cannot sit here and accept that there is an inability of the defense to stop offenses every time the game comes down to them.  

Only 1 game I remember against a quality opponent that they stopped them.

(KC last year, giants this year does not count because they got lucky and they are a bad team) 

If the offense scores a FG in overtime, then as a defensive minded HC (supposedly a good one), you should be able to win that game.

with what talent on defense should the Bills be doing this? You’re essentially blaming McDermott for being good enough to get this duct defense to play well enough to keep the bills in games.

Dodson was spying Hurts. DODSON. That is the level of injuries and roster McDermott was handed. 

Against a top 3 offense in the NFL.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

McDermott is awesome at stacking moral victories. 

Actual victories this season? Not so much.

I mean, to be fair, he HAS stacked a lot of actual victories prior to this season. 

Question is if you believe that's due to his coaching, leadership and decision-making or if you think it's the Josh Allen effect. 

I'd say most of us are onboard as believing its the latter, at this point. 

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Oh, goody...a 'moral victory' thread! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

High Quality GIF

Nah I ain’t taking moral victors, I’m taking actual ball.

The bills are not a talented football team. Their defense is bottom 15 in terms of talent. The WR corps is probably bottom 10. 

How is it possible for the Bills be this under talented and yet still some games like they did against the Dolphins and yes against the Eagles? 

could it be that McDermott and Allen actually have this team playing better than it’s talent levels at this point? 

• Eyeroll 1

I actually have given the defense a pass this year and tried to find them less at fault for us losing a game but when it matters they actually just don’t make the play…

I can’t be naive to it anymore when everyone has been saying the same thing…

This is just who he is as a coach. Especially now that he’s making all the calls…

This guy decides to zero blitz at the worst possible times and each one has resulted in a massive net gain for the opposing team. Did it with Denver and did it last night… Both outcomes were essentially giving the team free yards. 

The old adage: “a feel/knack for the game” isn’t the case here. 

Every loss has been by 6 points or less this year and yet you’re still walking away with a massive plus in point differential. That tells me every close game you lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

with what talent on defense should the Bills be doing this? You’re essentially blaming McDermott for being good enough to get this duct defense to play well enough to keep the bills in games.

Dodson was spying Hurts. DODSON. That is the level of injuries and roster McDermott was handed. 

Then why is Dodson in there spying hurts?  Throw in the speedier rookie and let him spy hurts.  

That again is on the HC.  

Edited by CaliBills

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I mean, to be fair, he HAS stacked a lot of actual victories prior to this season. 

Question is if you believe that's due to his coaching, leadership and decision-making or if you think it's the Josh Allen effect. 

I'd say most of us are onboard as believing its the latter, at this point. 

He took Tyrod Taylor to 9 wins and the playoffs man

• Vomit 2

I’m tired of the injury excuses.  There’s piles of injuries all over the league.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CaliBills said:

They why is Dodson in there spying hurts?  Throw in the speedier rookie and let him spy hurts.  

That again is on the HC.  

Because the rookie doesn’t know how to play football. Cards McDermott was dealt 

Just now, Ramza86 said:

yes...because all of that adversity we had to go through...MCDUMBASS still reverted back to his cowardly ways and we paid the price YET AGAIN. This time its going to cost us the playoffs and his job.

I didn’t like his kneeling either. What are the odds the Bills score if they go for it?

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

Nah I ain’t taking moral victors, I’m taking actual ball.

The bills are not a talented football team. Their defense is bottom 15 in terms of talent. The WR corps is probably bottom 10. 

How is it possible for the Bills be this under talented and yet still some games like they did against the Dolphins and yes against the Eagles? 

could it be that McDermott and Allen actually have this team playing better than it’s talent levels at this point? 

Yeah, you are. Starting a thread titled, 'Bills took the best team in the NFL to OT…' is the very definition of taking a moral victory. Spin it any way you like. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Einstein said:

If so, then that is a direct indictment on McDermott and Beane who built this team.

Beane much moreso than McDermott. Even then Beane and McDermott don’t control injuries. And the primary issue has been injuries to the D, and then of course Dorsey struggling 

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Yeah, you are. Starting a thread titled, 'Bills took the best team in the NFL to OT…' is the very definition of taking a moral victory. Spin it any way you like. 

I wasn’t happy with the loss. 

I am fairly angry at the entitlement and treatment of McDermott. Mostly at the entitlement honestly 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

If so, then that is a direct indictment on McDermott and Beane who built this team.

More so McDippy for not being able to put together a starting caliber defense despite being a defensive coach that has been handed every draft pick and FA he’s ever wanted. 

Because the rookie doesn’t know how to play football. Cards McDermott was dealt 

I guarantee he’s the one that needed to have him in the 3rd round of the draft. So if he cannot get hik ready to play it’s his fault. Same with Elam. Same with Epenesa for most of his career. Same with Basham. Same with his 17 players he rotates on the defensive line. 

Just stop. You look silly. 

This game individually was not a bad effort, but the team desperately needed this win to offset what Happened in the new England and Denver games.   Something is not right with how the team responds to clutch situations.   The Eagles found a way to win, we found a way to lose.   That is the difference between a pretty good and a top tier team.  I appreciate what McDermott did to get us out of the drought era, but we need to move on to take that next step.  

18 minutes ago, appoo said:

While having a huge chunk of their salary cap on IR or basically washed 

whole fighting the refs in a horrifically officiated game 

while at a decided talent disadvantage on both sides of the ball 

on the road 

and y’all want to fire the head coach who’s has had nothing but 10+ win seasons for like 4 years in a row now?

It took the Eagles kicking a SIXTY YARD FG IN THE RAIN to get to OT. The Eagles had a better DVOA than the Bills.

There was no reasonable analysis that had the Bills winning this football game before the snap. 

Literally demanding the HC be fired for EXCEEDING expectations 

Nah this ain’t it 

Moral victory season!!! Hang the banner for a hard-fought loss against a good team!! Congrats to all involved in the narrow defeat!!

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

He took Tyrod Taylor to 9 wins and the playoffs man

Yeah and then he took Tyrod Taylor to an astounding 3 whole points in those playoffs. 

I'll be forever grateful that the guy broke the drought, no doubt. But Marrone's Bills finished 9-7 his first year, too. If the standings fall the right way that year, he breaks the playoff drought with, uh... Kyle Orton, lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

More so McDippy for not being able to put together a starting caliber defense despite being a defensive coach that has been handed every draft pick and FA he’s ever wanted. 

I guarantee he’s the one that needed to have him in the 3rd round of the draft. So if he cannot get hik ready to play it’s his fault. Same with Elam. Same with Epenesa for most of his career. Same with Basham. Same with his 17 players he rotates on the defensive line. 

Just stop. You look silly. 

so does McDermott get full credit for Josh Allen in your world? And all the other hits from the draft? Or just the ones that don’t immediately pan out well?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.