What more can Allen do?

ToGoGo

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

I don’t think anyone is blaming Allen for the loss. The fair question in the OP is what more can he do. The obvious answer being to avoid the game-changing INT in the fourth quarter.

Reality is that Allen’s monumental effort and big numbers were still spattered with turnovers/misreads/miscommunication in the clutch. 

Allen was great.

If works on his foot speed and gets a sprinting coach, it might be possible for him to throw the ball high enough that he can run down field and catch the ball as well.  It's about all that is left that he can do which is he not doing.

I suppose we could also have him play both ways, like in the old days.   

Get him out there on D!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

He scored a td vs the patriots but left the defense time.  He scored a td vs the cl broncos to take the lead but left the defense time.  He let a td drive today and a fg in OT but left the defense time.  

but I will answer the question two ways.   One the interceptions are too much he has to decrease interceptions.  Two he might need to get firm with the supporting cast.   You can’t have the miscommunications, the penalties and he should get on the guys about that the way other franchise qbs do.  

I think that’s Allen’s final missing piece. He’s too nice with his teammates. 

Allen needs to be really honest with Davis tonight. Really let it out on him 

The Josh Allen hate is hilarious. Every single person here should know there are far more Bryce Youngs than CJ Strouds. Hard to take seriously.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Anybody blaming Josh for this game is insane.  You drank too much.  Seek help.

There's like half a dozen back-patting trolls that have been waiting for this for about 2 years largely reinforcing each other, it's not a lot of serious people.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Serious question. 

For starter don’t turn the ball over late in a game where your team is up by double digits. Stealing a possession is a great way for an opponent to mount a comeback after being down big. And per usual Allen provided that opportunity for the other team. But go ahead and pretend he didn’t bear any responsibility in the loss. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Davis seemed pretty upset about it getting asked about it after the game, all the crap he has to know he's been getting this season and he had a shot to win the game and he missed it.

2 hours ago, Punch said:

Apologies, perhaps I shouldn't be but I'm surprised by the intense reaction whenever the interception is mentioned. Several posters are frothing at the mouth. I'll admit to being taken aback by some of the obnoxious tough guy nonsense.

Any casual observer to my posts, especially in the GDTs, would likely accuse me of being an Allen cheerleader. I'm an optimist to a fault and I thought the comment was humorous at best and innoccuous at worst, which would describe 99% of my posts here. 

Anyway, Go Bills.

The reaction is "intense" because only a troll throws out the INT in the face of Allen's performance today which featured over 400 total yards, 4 TD's, a clutch late 4th quarter drive to retake the lead and even a dropped TD pass. 

The Allen we saw today is the best QB in the NFL.   Don’t say “but Mahomes”… don’t care -  that version of Allen is better than anyone.

His issue is consistency.  Mahomes is more consistently good.   Which is part of why they are playoff bound.. but also,

he has the HC piece in place.  We dont.  

Allen knows he has to be perfect in every big game, otherwise our HC can sabotage it for us.  

Allen threw one pick.  One mistake on him.  And we lost a one score game in OT.. because of our HC. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think our offense has to figure out how to run with Josh Allen as a QB and not the offense. You saw that on clear display with Hurts today. The Eagles are a running team that will threaten you vertically if you challenge them while employing a ton of RPO and short routes to work as extensions of the running game. They have the right player groupings to execute this offense. 

Brady called a great game today, but what is our identify? We don’t have one. Josh is our identity and we will never go any further until that changes.

In my mind, you guys saw the blueprint of what it should be today. Hurts is probably the most comparable QB to Josh in the NFL right now. We should be copying that system.

Edited by Mikie2times

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Allen we saw today is the best QB in the NFL.   Don’t say “but Mahomes”… don’t care -  that version of Allen is better than anyone.

His issue is consistency.  Mahomes is more consistently good.   Which is part of why they are playoff bound.. but also,

Allen knows he has to be perfect in every big game, otherwise our HC can sabotage it for us.  

Allen threw one pick.  One mistake on him.  And we lost a one score game in OT.. because of our HC. 

Here’s the key on Mahomes vs Allen. Next time you watch a Chiefs game watch how all the pieces around Mahomes work in his favor. Things always go his way like a symphony. That’s why the drops during the Eagles game were such a Greek Tragedy in the media. These things tend to go his way.

Allen on the other hand plays with the inertia of the universe pushing against him. Everything is overcoming the adversity with Allen. With Mahomes it’s playing conductor in an all world philharmonic. 

The truth is that Allen plays MLB baseball while swinging two bats. I’d argue he’s a lot better than Mahomes if both are placed in equal situations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

It seems "miscommunications" happen at a rate higher than they should.  Josh needs to sometimes not be their friends but get pissed and hold the receivers accountable...assuming the miscommunication was on the receiver.

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

He didn’t play perfect. Some QB’s go a whole 3 quarters without throwing INT’s 

The one that beat us yesterday didn't. In fact, that bum turned the ball over twice and still managed to beat out team led by our gutless HC. Waste a timeout that we could you use when we get the ball back with 20 seconds to go in regulation. Decide to sit on the ball rather than make an effort to get a game winning FG despite doing just that last year with 23 seconds left against the Lions almost exactly one year ago. Having witnessed the chiefs do it to us not once but twice with 13 seconds left. Just unbelievably dumb coaching decision. Tail between his legs. 

7 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I think our offense has to figure out how to run with Josh Allen as a QB and not the offense. You saw that on clear display with Hurts today. The Eagles are a running team that will threaten you vertically if you challenge them while employing a ton of RPO and short routes to work as extensions of the running game. They have the right player groupings to execute this offense. 

Brady called a great game today, but what is our identify? We don’t have one. Josh is our identity and we will never go any further until that changes.

In my mind, you guys saw the blueprint of what it should be today. Hurts is probably the most comparable QB to Josh in the NFL right now. We should be copying that system.

I think you are looking in the wrong direction. The offense scored 31 points in regulation and that included a missed FG that Bass should make the majority of the time, a blocked FG and sure-fire TD dropped by Cook. Why are we even talking about needing to change the offense or finding an identity? 

• Like (+1) 1

He had the perfect game until that int. That was as huge as any play in the game. 

Honestly given the opponent on the road, that might have been his best game as a Bill. But let’s not act like he’s been that in every game this year. Hopefully it was mainly Dorsey, but he has his shame of dud games this year. But he deserved to win yesterday. Damn shame. 

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Darius Slay knows what's up:

Players in the league know how good he is along with his team.

Half the talking head / media trolls have zero clue. Then we have "fans" here that can't form their own opinion/s and use the same media trolls click bait logic. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Do you think Mahomes throws the int in the 4th? 

you gotta stop with the Mahomes stuff. It’s just kinda stupid and wrong. He is maybe the best qb ever. Allen is below him and it’s ok. Mahomes throws to legit garbage besides an aging Kelce. He carried worse defenses to SBs than the Bills had. 

allen isn’t Mahomes and that’s ok. Mahomes is better than maybe every qb ever.

5 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

Half the talking head / media trolls have zero clue. Then we have "fans" here that can't form their own opinion/s and use the same media trolls click bait logic. 

Are we just making up things to get upset about? Who doesn’t think Allen is a top 3 qb? 

I also think some people think Allen isn’t allowed to be criticized. He has been too careless with ball. That’s not debatable. And he has been inconsistent this year. Maybe it was all Dorsey and we’ll see. 

if Allen played like this against Denver, we win in a blowout. Same thing with NE in the first half. 

7 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

There are some trolls and fans in here that would prefer to go back to the drought era, where it's safe and they don't have to worry about their feelings or Sundays and Mondays being ruined. A world with no hope for a SB is safer for them. I really think it's what it boils down to.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Go out to dinner with Pegula and tell him its time to make some changes.

This^ . He can ( eventually) go to a new team or see to it that an offensive HC ( Brady?) leads the Bills. Sean’s coaching just won’t cut it Vs the top teams. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

you gotta stop with the Mahomes stuff. It’s just kinda stupid and wrong. He is maybe the best qb ever. Allen is below him and it’s ok. Mahomes throws to legit garbage besides an aging Kelce. He carried worse defenses to SBs than the Bills had. 

allen isn’t Mahomes and that’s ok. Mahomes is better than maybe every qb ever.

Uh, yeah, and he has!! Did you see the Bengals/Chiefs AFCCG game where Mahomes threw the INT in OT? Oh wait, how about the game vs us last year in which Mahomes threw an INT in the 4th, sealing the win for us.

Josh Allen is the opposite of Sean McDermott's defense.

Yes, he makes mistakes and turnovers.  He sometimes struggles early in games.  His stat line may not always be pretty.  But when it reaches the 4th Quarter, Allen usually makes the plays needed to tie the game or put the Bills in front.

The defense looks nice on paper.  They usually come out of the gate strong, and keep the score low early.  But when they need to make a big stop at the end, they always fold.

• Agree 1

Basically we are at the point where the qb has to not only produce huge numbers also be the run game but also be perfect to win . That includes eating up plays running into a wall to eat clock to keep the defense on the sideline  .  Without Josh last night its a one sided blowout  With McDermott coaching it still is a loss no matter what.  They were supposed to relieve some of the burden by building a running game and somehow there is more on the qb's plate

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

Uh, yeah, and he has!! Did you see the Bengals/Chiefs AFCCG game where Mahomes threw the INT in OT? Oh wait, how about the game vs us last year in which Mahomes threw an INT in the 4th, sealing the win for us.

Are those more the exceptions than the norm for a guy who always host playoff games and won 2 SBs?  

Allen is amazing. But I’m sorry, he’s not Mahomes. Every non Bill fan would agree.  It’s crazy this is even a thing. 

do we win the SB if we trade away Diggs?

• Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Lol Mahomes literally threw an awful INT against the Eagles last week while in the red zone. Much worse than Allen's. Mahomes also led his team to zero 2nd half points. Hopefully next time Allen will score zero 2nd half points while also throwing 0 INTs in the 2nd half, so that losers online can't make dumb criticisms of an all-time performance.

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Lol Mahomes literally threw an awful INT against the Eagles last week while in the red zone. Much worse than Allen's. Mahomes also led his team to zero 2nd half points. Hopefully next time Allen will score zero 2nd half points while also throwing 0 INTs in the 2nd half, so that losers online can't make dumb criticisms of an all-time performance.

What are you rambling about? Mahomes has 2 SBs. Of course, he’s going to not get killed like other qbs. How is this even a discussion?

everyone with a brain knows Allen is a top 3 qb. But he is getting to get criticized more than Pat Mahomes. I’m not sure why this is even a debate. 

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Mahomes literally threw a terrible interception in the end zone that ended up costing the Chiefs the game against the same Eagles team six days ago. Do you watch any football games that the Bills aren't playing in?

53 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Basically we are at the point where the qb has to not only produce huge numbers also be the run game but also be perfect to win . That includes eating up plays running into a wall to eat clock to keep the defense on the sideline  .  Without Josh last night its a one sided blowout  With McDermott coaching it still is a loss no matter what.  They were supposed to relieve some of the burden by building a running game and somehow there is more on the qb's plate

This.

Josh Allen put forth one of the best bad weather games ever for a QB, against a top tier Defense, on the road.

He threw the ball all over the field.  He made clutch throws.  He evaded pressure.  He ran the ball.  He ran it in for TD's.   He gave the team the lead late, multiple times.

We still lost.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are those more the exceptions than the norm for a guy who always host playoff games and won 2 SBs?  

Allen is amazing. But I’m sorry, he’s not Mahomes. Every non Bill fan would agree.  It’s crazy this is even a thing. 

do we win the SB if we trade away Diggs?

Really, because I have watched a lot of talking head shows this morning, and they say when Josh is ON, he is the best QB in the NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Really, because I have watched a lot of talking head shows this morning, and they say when Josh is ON, he is the best QB in the NFL.

So wait we like the talking heads now? But if they say something bad about Allen or the Bills, we don’t like them again? 

Allen is the only qb who can make plays that Mahomes can. However, he lacks consistency/ decision making that makes him a bit below Mahomes. Not even sure how this is debatable. He is a top 3 qb in the nfl which is amazing. 

he played almost a perfect game yesterday and deserved that W. But when don’t have the hardware, mistakes get criticized more. Mahomes throws the same pick, he has the luxury of 2 SBs, 2 MVPs, and the second best record in the nfl. Unfortunately, it’s the luxury Allen doesn’t have but he is still amazing in his own right. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.