DeShawn Watson out for year-agent accused of highway robbery

Dablitzkrieg

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

With a better record and in the playoffs?

You’re better than this

There is still a half a season left to be played. They have lost their starting running back and they’re starting quarterback for the year.

They’re not in the playoffs if they kept on playing the way, they were playing then yes maybe but when you lose your starting quarterback, that’s not really automatic

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

You’re better than this

There is still a half a season left to be played. They have lost their starting running back and they’re starting quarterback for the year.

They’re not in the playoffs if they kept on playing the way, they were playing then yes maybe but when you lose your starting quarterback, that’s not really automatic

They've broken me, just like Allen.  I need some low positive 

• Like (+1) 1

I think this speaks to the levels of desperation of certain franchises. Cleveland swung big to try to cross the finish line I respect that. Let's face it franchises like buffalo and Cleveland need to make deals like this to try to compete with the likes of the powerhouse markets (and tax free states) or draft exceedingly well (maybe both).

As for Watson, it reminds me of the idiom "Football doesn't build character, it reveals it". Taking Watson was a risk they were desperate enough to take. Buffalo under Beane and McDermott have been unwillling to take players with character issues and who knows where we'd be if they did. It seems that usually character issues don't simply disappear (see 'Diggs' for Bills comparison).

Edited by Ballhawk

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It is just wild they paid him when it seemed like he had zero leverage.

Because..........Cleveland??

Remember they gave the Bills a 3rd round pick for Tyrod Taylor....what more proof do you need.

Plus, they drafted Baker Mayfield instead of Josh Allen, or even Lamar Jackson.......oops.

Edited by Special K

Bigger picture, this trade/contract will likely go down as the worst in NFL (if not all pro sports) history a few years down the road.

But in the short term, that Browns defense is ridiculous good and everything that McD's aren't quite frankly. And I still think they still make the playoffs and possibly win the AFCN as long as Walker or whoever plays QB the rest of the way can do the game manager thing.

Coaching matters folks, just look at what the Vikings are also doing despite a serious injury list much longer than the Bills including their starting QB and best WR in NFL.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get why Cleveland wanted Watson. He was a top 5 qb and they have a very talented roster. On paper, it’s a SB team. But I don’t get how you make that move with all the stuff hanging over Watson.

sad part is they are having a better season than us wirh bottom 5 qb play. It’s wild that Josh Dobbs is swinging playoff races. 

I too wish we were in the NFC 

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Bigger picture, this trade/contract will likely go down as the worst in NFL (if not all pro sports) history a few years down the road.

But in the short term, that Browns defense is ridiculous good and everything that McD's aren't quite frankly. And I still think they still make the playoffs and possibly win the AFCN as long as Walker or whoever plays QB the rest of the way can do the game manager thing.

Coaching matters folks, just look at what the Vikings are also doing despite a serious injury list much longer than the Bills including their starting QB and best WR in NFL.

I too wish the bills were in the NFC 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.