Bills vs Jets 4:25 PM Nov. 19 Lets move on.

Chaos

24 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Am I the only one who thinks we will beat the JETS easily? I guess so.

Brady will have us running when we are supposed to be running the ball. Make it easy for Josh on passing plays and have him run a lot too.

We will see but I think it's coming.

Ya know, I thought we'd beat the Broncos easily.  And the Pats.  

Who knows what comes out of the tunnel for us.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll tell ya what.

With the firing of Dorsey and the promotion of Brady, my interest in tomorrow's game went from "meh" to "!!!!!!".

I am just so interested to see how the offense looks. I am so interested to see if Josh looks like he's having a bit of fun out there. I'm so interested to see if the Bills can smash the Jets, build some confidence, then go upset the Eagles and go into their much needed bye week 7-5 and with a new life about them.

Make no mistake, Burrow and Watson being out for the year -- along with the rest of the backup QB led teams that make up Buffalo's Wild Card competition -- now means that making the playoffs is very doable for the Bills. 10-7 should do it, with an outside shot that 9-8 might, as well.

My prediction? Bills go into Miami week 18 with the seven seed on the line and beat the Dolphins, who already have the two seed locked up and don't have much to play for, then the Bills return to Miami the following week for Wild Card weekend.

But first: the Jets.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I believe holding Josh back from running is definitely a part of the problem for sure.  That was a collective agreement it would seem between McD, Dorsey and probably to a lesser extent, Allen.

I think the thing we are all going to be looking to see is if it looks like the same offensive scheme/play calling that we have been seeing for the past 6 weeks.  Simplified, dumbed down concepts with little to no creativity.  By no means do I think that Brady is going to be able to change that on a short week but we might see a flash of something here or there.  That's where I feel like Dorsey could be the root of the problem and not just the running.

If it turns out all they had to do was let Josh run and the scheme/play calling look the same, then yes, I absolutely agree that he was "sacrificed" as a result of their own decisions.

I think just having 5ish designed runs by Josh per game is all it would take to open the offense up considerably.  I don’t think that’s all we need to do however.  They have to get creative with their routes and scheme receivers open.  Dorsey has done almost none of that.  And it shows. 

But with Josh a run threat a defender has to hesitate just a bit to watch him. And that, alone, made the predictable route formations easier to complete.  Without a threat of Josh running, the defenses have been able play to our tendencies and jump routes far too often.

You don’t need creativity on every play. Or trick end arounds on every drive. But you need some!   You need just enough to make the defense think and hesitate.  And why, for the love of all that is holy, can they not complete a proper pick play concept and get someone running free for a simple 5yd completion or a gd screen pass.  These are two play concepts that the Bills just can not do.  And every successful team can. 

If they add in the threat of Josh running, add in 1 pick play, and 2 screen passes… they could probably leave the rest of the offense as is and see dramatic improvement in every aspect. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

But that's kind of my point in saying if the offense does turn it around even with the lack of talent at WR.  Brown and Beasley didn't exactly knock anyone back when they were signed but ended up having their most productive years in this same offense so something schematically changed enough that players aren't able to get open anymore except Diggs anyways.

That was kind of the opinion of most people even when they were winning earlier on in the season (see every 3rd and 1 shotgun run).  Kind of hard to not hold it against him (or at least someone) for taking a dual threat QB and turning him into what Josh has looked like the past 6 weeks.

In many ways, Diggs, Beasley, and Brown were the perfect compliment of receivers with each bringing a unique skill that benefited the other. The scheme didn’t change so much as the personnel changed and Dorsey needed to adjust for that, imo. As I’ve said previously, we need better WRs; one that can take the top off a defense like Brown and a master at reading defenses to find open areas like Beasley. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

47 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'll tell ya what.

With the firing of Dorsey and the promotion of Brady, my interest in tomorrow's game went from "meh" to "!!!!!!".

I am just so interested to see how the offense looks. I am so interested to see if Josh looks like he's having a bit of fun out there. I'm so interested to see if the Bills can smash the Jets, build some confidence, then go upset the Eagles and go into their much needed bye week 7-5 and with a new life about them.

Make no mistake, Burrow and Watson being out for the year -- along with the rest of the backup QB led teams that make up Buffalo's Wild Card competition -- now means that making the playoffs is very doable for the Bills. 10-7 should do it, with an outside shot that 9-8 might, as well.

My prediction? Bills go into Miami week 18 with the seven seed on the line and beat the Dolphins, who already have the two seed locked up and don't have much to play for, then the Bills return to Miami the following week for Wild Card weekend.

I like your scenario.  However, I would not give up on the AFCE quite yet.  I know people will think I am delusional, but Miami is likely to lose at least 2 more if not 3 more before that game.  Remember, if Buffalo wins both games against Miami they only need to tie in record.  Of course, this scenario requires that the Bills accomplish a very heavy lift in the meantime, and the way they have been playing, that would seem unlikely.  Getting their collective head out of their arse against the Jets would be a good start, but if they win the next two they are capable of a run.  I think they need to go 5-1 prior to the last game to have a shot at it.  

• Disagree 1

17 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Maybe someone mentioned already, but Sal on WGR this AM was touting how this time the Bills get to game plan for Zach Wilson all week instead of planning for Rodgers then getting Wilson in game 1. He was serious about this. I almost crashed my car. 

ZW is our new Tom Brady.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'll tell ya what.

facts but Eagles wouldn't be a big upset. If we beat of up NJ , we'll probably be 3.5 4 point underdogs. First time all year we'd be the dog 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

In many ways, Diggs, Beasley, and Brown were the perfect compliment of receivers with each bringing a unique skill that benefited the other. The scheme didn’t change so much as the personnel changed and Dorsey needed to adjust for that, imo. As I’ve said previously, we need better WRs; one that can take the top off a defense like Brown and a master at reading defenses to find open areas like Beasley. 

And Gabe was great as a complementary piece as well

• Agree 1

This years Team has lost all benefit of the doubt. We have 3 inexcusable losses. You just have no clue what we are capable of at this point. Played 3 good games all year. No way to know what to expect. The season is probably over with 5 losses already but win tomorrow and give us another week of hope. You’d love to see the Bills win and put up 40+ Maybe a sign that Dorsey was the problem but we also could lose 8-7 and I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I believe holding Josh back from running is definitely a part of the problem for sure.  That was a collective agreement it would seem between McD, Dorsey and probably to a lesser extent, Allen.

I think the thing we are all going to be looking to see is if it looks like the same offensive scheme/play calling that we have been seeing for the past 6 weeks.  Simplified, dumbed down concepts with little to no creativity.  By no means do I think that Brady is going to be able to change that on a short week but we might see a flash of something here or there.  That's where I feel like Dorsey could be the root of the problem and not just the running.

If it turns out all they had to do was let Josh run and the scheme/play calling look the same, then yes, I absolutely agree that he was "sacrificed" as a result of their own decisions.

Yeah, Brady is not going to change this over night on a short week.  All he really needs to do is get Josh to understand clear reads on some concepts.  Look for this, if it isn't there then take the checkdown or run the ball.  Thats really it.  That should be enough against the Jets.

I think maybe put Josh under center more often too so his drop timing lines up with the receiver routes.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

I used to look forward to Bills games these last few years, because I felt a victory was likely.

Now I'm not so certain. These could be drought quality Bills and that makes game days less enjoyable. I'm just not bubbling with confidence that Joe Brady can do it.

Coach firings should be in the offseason.

• Agree 1

A few thoughts about the offense - just execute better. The plays have been there to be made.

Motion Diggs a lot and see if they can get him off Sauce.

Get Shakir and Cook more involved in the passing attack over Davis as we need to be able to hit passes in the flats at the boundaries to get this defense moving sideline to sideline and that needs guys that can get in and out of their breaks quickly and have some RAC ability.

Work in a few runs for Allen towards the boundaries. QB draws vs that interior and LBs could be more risky.

Get Murray going with those pin pull runs between the tackles.

On defense dial back the blitzing if they are not getting home or if you have a better chance using zone against their limited receiver corps.

Their QB holds the ball for a long time any ways so focus on stopping the run and getting them in long down and distance situations and play zone rolling help on their best receiving options.

I love blitzing, but you have to apply it in the right situations and it has to be getting home.

Fundamentals- just tackle better and be more disciplined with rush lanes.

4 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Am I the only one who thinks we will beat the JETS easily? I guess so.

Brady will have us running when we are supposed to be running the ball. Make it easy for Josh on passing plays and have him run a lot too.

We will see but I think it's coming.

The Vegas crowd thinks so too as do some of the National sports Tv talking heads.  Combination of embarrassing home loss, firing the OC and coach having everyone’s attention this week, 
The attention to details will be high this Sunday.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.