Do the Pegulas Have What It Takes?

Milanos Milano

I’ve been pretty happy with ownership up until hearing about extending McD. This game was the last straw. It was embarrassing and we have Josh Allen, there is no reason for it. 
They married McBeane, without seeing how this season would turn out. Seeing the Sabres also inspires little hope they will ever figure it out. 
The most frustrating thing ever is knowing we have Allen and Diggs and this is the udder garbage that we get from coaches. 

Edited by Araiza Curse
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

If you go by the Sabres then you know Terry has what it takes. He has fired and hired many GM's/HC's as Sabres owner. IMHO, he has no choice but to fire McDermott. The team seems to have tuned McDermott out and his message has gone stale. I doubt the players believe in "THE PROCESS" anymore. The fans certainly don't.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

It will take blowout losses by the class A teams (Philly, Dallas, KC) and then probably another fluke loss to the Jets or Patriots to wake Pegula from his ambivalence.  But that’s how I see it playing out eventually.  He will have no choice once this season ends.

The way I feel now beating the Jets will be a fluke. The only game left I think the Bills should win is against the Pats.

• Agree 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

It will take blowout losses by the class A teams (Philly, Dallas, KC) and then probably another fluke loss to the Jets or Patriots to wake Pegula from his ambivalence.  But that’s how I see it playing out eventually.  He will have no choice once this season ends.

Well if Pegs wants my money, there has to be change. I refuse to watch this circus into next season. 

Lol now it’s the owner’s fault.  Hero worship is a weeeeeeeeeeeird thing.  The Josh apologists are really juiced up on the kool-aid.  Ok after we ditch White, Davis,, Poyer, Hyde, McD, Beane, and Pegula who is next?  Goodell?  The Pope?  I mean, we know Josh is perfect so we can’t possibly expect him to even make the tiniest of changes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If you go by the Sabres then you know Terry has what it takes. He has fired and hired many GM's/HC's as Sabres owner. IMHO, he has no choice but to fire McDermott. The team seems to have tuned McDermott out and his message has gone stale. I doubt the players believe in "THE PROCESS" anymore. The fans certainly don't.

He fired Rex Ryan in season, after very publicly saying he would not.

• Like (+1) 2

The regression of this team since the Championship Loss cannot be ignored. 

2020 - lost in Championship Game 

2021 - Lost in Divisional game 13 seconds

2022 - lost by 17 at home in Divisional Game. 

2023 - 5-5 

The “Process” is stale and unfortunately I don’t see an easy way to solve this next year either with the Cap the Bills currently have. 

the team is Old, slow and the coaching is Stale. 

we are the Marvin Lewis Bengals of this era at this point. 

And yes while I am going to blame coaching right now. 

Josh REALLY can you finally improve on ball security. You have been in the league long enough to freaking go at least back to back games without a turnover. How about you end your ***** streak of what 6 games with a pick to start. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

I feel bad for Terry.  The guy can't catch a break.  He gave complete control of organization to Beane and McDermott and they make mistake after mistake.  He is dealing with trying to keep his wife alive.  He hires qualified people to run PSE and stadium decisions, only for them completely disrespect him and start a relationship with each other.  

I don't even know where to turn anymore.  The guy has to feel like his world is crumbling around him.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

If this is truly the case, then I’m probably done with this franchise until things change. No way I can continue to watch something as talented as Allen to be wasted away. I’ve waited years to have what we have. It’s heart breaking. 

This times a zillion.

There is an issue of regression, but we are not winless.  I honestly don’t see McD fired now, or anyone else.

I’m not sure Pegula has the guts to fire McD now, or after the season.  It will probably be Dorsey as the sacrificial lamb.  If Dorsey goes, as well as he should, I’m quite positive McD will be able to hire an offensive coordinator no problem at all.  Someone who will want to hitch themselves to Josh Allen. And that person may also feel that if McD is fired at any point, they may have the ability to step in.

They need to fix this thing. And it can’t be pandering to their star quarterback and wanting “continuity” which led the Dorsey being hired in the first place.

23 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I’ve been pretty happy with ownership up until hearing about extending McD. This game was the last straw. It was embarrassing and we have Josh Allen, there is no reason for it. 
They married McBeane, without seeing how this season would turn out. Seeing the Sabres also inspires little hope they will ever figure it out. 
The most frustrating thing ever is knowing we have Allen and Diggs and this is the udder garbage that we get from coaches. 

At some point, Terry will have his "what's best for business" moment. No one just stumbles into being a billionaire and in the position Terry has been in he's likely been forced to make tough choices before.

It's going to be very VERY difficult for him to sell seats in a new stadium if this isn't a winning product. The target audience they will likely be shooting for is no longer the "average diehard longtime Bills fan" it's the people who are mostly casual fans with disposable income. If Buffalo isn't winning, Bills games no longer are the "place to be" and a hip place to take those Instagram photos. People will find something else.

Taking a "big picture" look at where this team has regressed over the last few years it's going to be almost impossible to convince people to purchase not only pricy tickets, but ridiculous PSLs.

This team went from the AFCCG, to out in the divisional round in a fantastic game to put in the divisional round getting motor boated AT HOME in 3 years. Our quarter billion dollar QB has gone from legitimately being discussed as being on par (and at time superior) to Mahomes to wondering if he even is a top 5 QB anymore? That's the level of incompetence that Terry is going to have to sell to fans and casuals. Well, the fans are fed up and the casuals won't stick around long enough. 

Your move, Terry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The new stadium might be the saving grace.

Cannot open that building with a mess of a team that people aren't excited about or a broken franchise QB who might even try to force his way out

Very good point.  They need to be good to keep the season tickets selling and maintain a waiting list.  All that equates to PSL sales.  That’s the name of the game.  Revenue that is the Bills alone and not shared with the other teams.

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I feel bad for Terry.  The guy can't catch a break.  He gave complete control of organization to Beane and McDermott and they make mistake after mistake.  He is dealing with trying to keep his wife alive.  He hires qualified people to run PSE and stadium decisions, only for them completely disrespect him and start a relationship with each other.  

I don't even know where to turn anymore.  The guy has to feel like his world is crumbling around him.

Boo-hoo

With great power comes great responsibility.

Time to buck up and make the change.

Feel bad for a billionaire because his sports teams aren't winning? Nah

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

There is an issue of regression, but we are not winless.  I honestly don’t see McD fired now, or anyone else.

I’m not sure Pegula has the guts to fire McD now, or after the season.  It will probably be Dorsey as the sacrificial lamb.  If Dorsey goes, as well as he should, I’m quite positive McD will be able to hire an offensive coordinator no problem at all.  Someone who will want to hitch themselves to Josh Allen. And that person may also feel that if McD is fired at any point, they may have the ability to step in.

They need to fix this thing. And it can’t be pandering to their star quarterback and wanting “continuity” which led the Dorsey being hired in the first place.

Yes, McDermott will likely even have people calling him to interview for the job. It would be a hot commodity.

Unfortunately, based on McDermott's past history he's more than likely to either promote from within (Hello Brady or Shula) or bring in an OC that wouldn't have the experience to step in for McDermott if fires (Hello Tee Martin). The likelihood that McDermott would bring in an experienced OC with a solid background is very remote IMO.

• Agree 2

For the first time in my entire Bills fandom I’m considering to not even watch the Jets game this weekend. Unheard of as I’ve basically watched every game live and have negative itches even contemplating recording it. I never even felt like this during the drought years. I don’t understand it. It has to be knowing we have talent and it’s being wasted. In some ways it’s worse now being a fan than it was during the drought years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Boo-hoo

With great power comes great responsibility.

Time to buck up and make the change.

Feel bad for a billionaire because his sports teams aren't winning? Nah

Unfortunately for the Pegula, it hasn't been about just his teams winning.  Kim has been in really bad shape.  This is life and death, not some score in a game.

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Unfortunately for the Pegula, it hasn't been about just his teams winning.  Kim has been in really bad shape.  This is life and death, not some score in a game.

I mean if things are so bad, why not just sell the team? They would make a profit and could just enjoy each other’s company while they can. Or at the least pass it down to their kids now and stay away from the stress. I want owners who are as much or more than a rabid fan than this rabid fanbase. It doesn’t feel like they feel our pain as fans. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

I mean if things are so bad, why not just sell the team? They would make a profit and could just enjoy each other’s company while they can. Or at the least pass it down to their kids now and stay away from the stress. I want owners who are as much or more than a rabid fan than this rabid fanbase. It doesn’t feel like they feel our pain as fans. 

Bro, this isn't a car or house.  Do you understand what it takes to sell an NFL team, or even pass it down to the kids?!  It's a multi year process.  Kim got ill over night.  

You really think the kids would be any better at running the team?  Terry has made the Bills a top 5 most relevant team in the entire NFL since his ownership took over.  I

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Well if Pegs wants my money, there has to be change. I refuse to watch this circus into next season. 

Wait until the new stadium kicks in with those raised ticket prices and PSL fees. 

34 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Wait until the new stadium kicks in with those raised ticket prices and PSL fees. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Bro, this isn't a car or house.  Do you understand what it takes to sell an NFL team, or even pass it down to the kids?!  It's a multi year process.  Kim got ill over night.  

You really think the kids would be any better at running the team?  Terry has made the Bills a top 5 most relevant team in the entire NFL since his ownership took over.  I

How do you not have contingency plans? Top 5 isn’t good enough. This fanbase deserves a Super Bowl victory. If the Pegula’s think we are going to be happy with playoff appearances and losing them, they got another thing coming. 

• Disagree 1

Something has to give for last night.  The similarities with Penn state are off the chart.   McDermott (and Franklin) are on the hot seat.  Good teams that are underperforming on offense.  Someone needs to go.  Penn state fired their OC this week.   Buffalo needs to do the same.   If they don’t - then McDermott needs to go.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The new stadium might be the saving grace.

Cannot open that building with a mess of a team that people aren't excited about or a broken franchise QB who might even try to force his way out

If Josh forces his way out he's doing the team an enormous favor long term

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Good luck selling those with McD at the helm. I barely want to continue Sunday ticket let alone show up for games at the stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

How do you not have contingency plans? Top 5 isn’t good enough. This fanbase deserves a Super Bowl victory. If the Pegula’s think we are going to be happy with playoff appearances and losing them, they got another thing coming. 

Contingency plans for what?  One bad season in a 5 year stretch?  

Whatever man.  Lots of fanbases can't stand the Bills fanbase now, and I understand it.  A far cry from where the fan base was 10-15 years ago.

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Contingency plans for what?  One bad season in a 5 year stretch?  

Whatever man.  Lots of fanbases can't stand the Bills fanbase now, and I understand it.  A far cry from where the fan base was 10-15 years ago.

I’m tired of this mentality. Any season that isn’t a super bowl victory is a failure. Period. This franchise has zero trophies, zero. How dare you start questioning this fanbase, we’ve been fans for decades. Tired of all these clown shows. Tired of knowing we have one or the best QBs in NFL history and we are ruining it. If BB had Allen and Diggs we’d have multiple bowl wins. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes, McDermott will likely even have people calling him to interview for the job. It would be a hot commodity.

Unfortunately, based on McDermott's past history he's more than likely to either promote from within (Hello Brady or Shula) or bring in an OC that wouldn't have the experience to step in for McDermott if fires (Hello Tee Martin). The likelihood that McDermott would bring in an experienced OC with a solid background is very remote IMO.

The firing of Dorsey would clearly be a last chance for McD.  He will either figure it out, or be told to hire the best possible person.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.