Do the Pegulas Have What It Takes?

Milanos Milano

1 hour ago, T master said:

Ungrateful !!! McD & Beane have brought 5 winning seasons a AFC championship game appearance multiple AFC east championships & the team along with the city a brand new state of the art stadium & alls every one wants to do is get rid of the ones that made it happen . 

That's like on friday taking the pen away from the guy that signs your pay check . Blow it up fire them all WTH we love going backwards !!

I didn't know the goal of the franchise was to be above average with no championships. You dare to call us ungrateful when you defend the utter wasting of our great talent by McDermott... seriously, you need to sober up or wise up, because the coaching that we are seeing from him is seriously deficient!!!

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

how

What exactly did Rex Ryan do in the 2 years he was here? He brought in talent and and did nothing with it. Ryan was a buffoon, that was clear to see. Plus, I don't think Ryan had the role McD does. This is McD's show. I don't think Ryan really had that kind of power. Also, McDermott has a playoff drought break, multiple playoff seasons and 3 division titles under his belt. Not the same situation 

5 hours ago, Low Positive said:

McDermott led the search. 

Obviously the Pegulas hired the General Manager since they are the ones that pay him however it was McD who selected/chose Beane.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

what’s that got to do with Pegula “having what it takes” to fire McD?

Typically, in an organization it is the person who hired someone that makes the decision to terminate that person.

It is a very legitimate question whether the Pegulas have the focus/interest/thought process to fire the guy they hired before the General Manager was hired.

it is a lot harder of a decision in a people based business like professional sports than deciding where to frack next.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/14/2023 at 8:08 AM, Araiza Curse said:

For the first time in my entire Bills fandom I’m considering to not even watch the Jets game this weekend. Unheard of as I’ve basically watched every game live and have negative itches even contemplating recording it. I never even felt like this during the drought years. I don’t understand it. It has to be knowing we have talent and it’s being wasted. In some ways it’s worse now being a fan than it was during the drought years. 

At least the drought years were somewhat understandable not having a real QB under center. I've been here since the 83 season watching this team like a religion and feel the same way. I think is still boils to 13 seconds honestly and not getting to a SB with the talent on hand through the years. I hope I'm wrong but as of now there is no way I see this team getting to the postseason. 

I really hope the team proves me wrong though. Time will tell and heal one way or the other.

On 11/14/2023 at 7:50 AM, MAJBobby said:

The regression of this team since the Championship Loss cannot be ignored. 

2020 - lost in Championship Game 

2021 - Lost in Divisional game 13 seconds

2022 - lost by 17 at home in Divisional Game. 

2023 - 5-5 

The “Process” is stale and unfortunately I don’t see an easy way to solve this next year either with the Cap the Bills currently have. 

the team is Old, slow and the coaching is Stale. 

we are the Marvin Lewis Bengals of this era at this point. 

And yes while I am going to blame coaching right now. 

Josh REALLY can you finally improve on ball security. You have been in the league long enough to freaking go at least back to back games without a turnover. How about you end your ***** streak of what 6 games with a pick to start. 

Agreed!  Most people cite 2021 and the 13 seconds game as the peak and the beginning of the regression but they already took a step backwards in 2021 from how they looked in 2020.  We are going on 3 years of going backwards now.  To me that is a big enough sample size to know this isn't a fluke and it is time to blow it up.

On 11/14/2023 at 7:49 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Lol now it’s the owner’s fault.  Hero worship is a weeeeeeeeeeeird thing.  The Josh apologists are really juiced up on the kool-aid.  Ok after we ditch White, Davis,, Poyer, Hyde, McD, Beane, and Pegula who is next?  Goodell?  The Pope?  I mean, we know Josh is perfect so we can’t possibly expect him to even make the tiniest of changes.

You didn’t think Jack Richelieu was good did you

9 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

What exactly did Rex Ryan do in the 2 years he was here? He brought in talent and and did nothing with it. Ryan was a buffoon, that was clear to see. Plus, I don't think Ryan had the role McD does. This is McD's show. I don't think Ryan really had that kind of power. Also, McDermott has a playoff drought break, multiple playoff seasons and 3 division titles under his belt. Not the same situation 

None of that is pertinent to the thread topic or my response--whcih is that Pegula canned the guy a few weeks after telling the world that he would not.

6 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Obviously the Pegulas hired the General Manager since they are the ones that pay him however it was McD who selected/chose Beane.

Typically, in an organization it is the person who hired someone that makes the decision to terminate that person.

It is a very legitimate question whether the Pegulas have the focus/interest/thought process to fire the guy they hired before the General Manager was hired.

it is a lot harder of a decision in a people based business like professional sports than deciding where to frack next.

Whether the HC or the  GM was hired by the owner first has nothing to do with the owner's decision to fire a HC, obviously. What you said doesn't make sense. 

Deciding where to drill for fuel has many more factors to consider (location, yield vs cost, opposition, safety measures....you get the idea).  Firing a coach is pretty easy.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

None of that is pertinent to the thread topic or my response--whcih is that Pegula canned the guy a few weeks after telling the world that he would not.

Whether the HC or the  GM was hired by the owner first has nothing to do with the owner's decision to fire a HC, obviously. What you said doesn't make sense. 

Deciding where to drill for fuel has many more factors to consider (location, yield vs cost, opposition, safety measures....you get the idea).  Firing a coach is pretty easy.

Lmao. You made it sound as though he may still fire McDermott during the season simply because he has done it before with Rex and when I point out reasons why I don't think he will with McDermott because the situations are different, you say that none of it is pertinent? Lol

Look I going to try to be as fair as I can for Terry Pegula even though I think he is a bum he keeps the two high end major league teams here but the task is next to impossible if Buffalo fans want more than that. Buffalo got to keep the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres but understand Buffalo isn’t winning championships in high end major league sports because Buffalo don’t have the corporate money and sponsors. The two Buffalo teams will exist but nothing more than that in the NFL and NHL. I don’t even think the Bills see a Super Bowl game again much less win win. Same with the Sabres aren’t getting to a Stanley Cup again much less win one. Buffalo will be competitive but won’t win major championships.

Think about it the only two Buffalo Bills championships were in the AFL a second professional football league. Yes the AFL were in big markets but they were split in many cases by NFL teams more established than the second AFL teams. So the Buffalo Bills were a big deal in the AFL. When they merged the Bills really struggled because they were going against major media markets in the NFL. Buffalo today is a minor pro league market corporate money and Fortune 500 businesses wise. Buffalo would succeed in minor pro league sports because we are the big deal against Rochester, Hamilton, Hershey and Albany. If hypothetically Buffalo was in the CFL, AHL and Arena Football League along with the Buffalo Bandits. Buffalo would win championships from time to time because Buffalo is swimming in a smaller pond with our corporate peers. I am not saying Buffalo should do that just saying realistically this is what Buffalo is going to be in high end major league sports our history shows that and as the leagues grow it is getting hard for Buffalo to win. It isn’t the Buffalo fans it’s the money these major cities have in sports today with major Fortune 500 companies. That isn’t Buffalo strength unfortunately so get use to it the Bills and Sabres exist. If Buffalo fans choose to stop going Buffalo joins the minor pro leagues above the choice is Buffalo’s. They either accept the terms or they don’t that it telling it like it is. I accept it as the way it is and enjoy my champion Buffalo Bandits in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

Yes, they absolutely do. I think the family knows that we the fans are supportive of them, to the point that the real bond of the Buffalo Bills franchise is between its fans and owner, then hero players and coaches. McDermott regime is collapsing, and chances are it doesn’t recover. Pegula isn’t babysitting—he understands what’s at stake here. 

Edited by Thrivefourfive

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.