Bills need a Ben Johnson led Offense

Antonio

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

My goodness what a miss on my end 🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻🤦🏻 Definitely a sign it’s time to step away from the board for a little bit lmao

Good catch, apologies all. 

But your point that 1 1/2 seasons as OC not being enough to wash the Gase stink off of his career may be correct.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Johnson has had some amazing games called this year.   I'm not knocking him buuuuuuttttt.... (the rest of my post is tongue in cheek)

He did call a shotgun run on 4th and 5 yesterday.  It did work but oh boy I could imagine this place if dorsey did the same.

The Lions offense has scored exactly 1 more point than the Bills through 9 games.

The opening game, the Lions offense scored 14 points against the Chiefs.  A pick 6 was the difference.

The Ben Johnson led offense scored 6 points vs the Ravens.  

The Ben Johnson led offense scored 20 against the Bucs (Dorsey 24) and 26 against the Raiders (Dorsey 38)

and just for fun, the Bills have the hardest schedule in the NFL while the Lions have the 26th hardest. http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

Just some food for thought....

get out of here with your facts and stats.  Nobody wants to see that!  😄

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

I know, I'm just messing around. But you do know that the Assistant HC position exist right?!

I don't know what they do or what their responsibilities are.

Sad but true. The 3-4 games have been horrendous. Chan was a nice OC for us honeslty, he was very creative as well.  

Yup...typically it's a person the HC really trusts and they likely are being "trained" to become a HC at some point and assists the head coach in some of the more "grunt work" duties of a HC.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I love watching his offense for the most part.  Just not a fan of prematurely putting the current staff to rest before the season is over.  Mcdermott has earned enough of my trust to give him til the end of the season to see if he can right this ship. 

must be nice coaching offense against NFC North and AFC West defenses.  I think I could do that.   But hey, if it gets Ben Johnson a $8m/yr HC gig, you go get it son.  Strike while the iron is hot.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

must be nice coaching offense against NFC North and AFC West defenses.  I think I could do that.   But hey, if it gets Ben Johnson a $8m/yr HC gig, you go get it son.  Strike while the iron is hot.  

True.  He’s only played 2 good defenses all season imo, KC and Baltimore.  Scored 21 vs KC without Chris jones and got shut down by Baltimore.

I enjoy his play design and most results, but  we also don’t have his OL, so that could change things drastically 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

True.  He’s only played 2 good defenses all season imo, KC and Baltimore.  Scored 21 vs KC without Chris jones and got shut down by Baltimore.

I enjoy his play design and most results, but  we also don’t have his OL, so that could change things drastically 

Packers defense is usually pry feisty tbh

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Packers defense is usually pry feisty tbh

Yeah they are.  I’m not saying they’re bad, but I don’t think I’d qualify them as “good” this season.  Jmo

and look ahead to the rest of the season…..much of the same.  Dallas and NO would be the only defenses I’d consider good

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Everyone wants Ben Johnson. I think he would value walking into a Josh led offense. Another great job would be the Chargers with Herbert and better weather. The Pegulas seem OK with Sean and Beane is joined at the hip with him. The next best thing is grabbing a college coach with professional experience.

I’d throw the entire Pegula bank account at Harbaugh.  Yeah, he’s nuts, but he wins.  Just win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Just a small add on... offense only scored 14 against the chiefs.  They also had a pick 6.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

You know he’d  build a winner and be a SB regular within 2 years. Anytime he’s had a good QB he wins big( Stanford, SF, Michigan)

He would walk back into the NFL with the highest winning percentage of any coach in the NFL.  I’d be pumped to see what he could do with Allen.

37 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He would walk back into the NFL with the highest winning percentage of any coach in the NFL.  I’d be pumped to see what he could do with Allen.

Don’t get to excited, Sean’s got to crap the bed one more year after this and he’ll be either with the Chargers or maybe Chicago by then. Chicago has 2 of the first five picks in the draft and big cap space. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.