Around the NFL - Week 10 - Sunday, November 12th

RiotAct

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

9-7 (4-3 the rest of the way)... Then you hope the Dolphins win no more than 4 games the rest of the way... Which means 10-7 wins the division.

I'll admit the more I look at the remaining schedules of other playoff contenders, the less optimistic I become. That Pats loss was such a brutal hit to our chances. To give ourselves a really good chance we probably have to be 10-6 heading into week 18 and then beat the Dolphins in Miami.

Beat the Broncos, Jets, Patriots, Chargers, steal one against the Chiefs, Cowboys, or Eagles, and then beat the Dolphins... That almost certainly gets us in, probably as the division winner. But I can't say I feel great about that outcome.

If this happens, we will get in at least as a wild card with a victory over Miami. Might even win us the division, but that is less likely as Miami would have to go 3-4 leading up to Week 18 with a pretty easy upcoming schedule

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Very incorrect. It's only 42% if we beat the Broncos. And only 49% if we beat the Broncos AND the Jets.

The Bills are at the point where they're going to have to beat the Cowboys and Chargers AND pull a major upset (one of @PHI, @KC, or @MIA) to make the playoffs.

Well, wait and see how it turns out Monday.  Bottom line is I feel better about the Bills standing now because AFC North / AFC South will beat each other.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Well, wait and see how it turns out Monday.  Bottom line is I feel better about the Bills standing now because AFC North / AFC South will beat each other.

You need them to beat each other by the Ravens running away with it and the Bengals taking a Wild Card. The Browns or Steelers winning is ALWAYS bad.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Didn't they sign Barkley? He's gotta be a better option than devito

Davis Webb would be a better option too. 

Barkley should be in there right now. 

Hell, Jake Fromm would be better.  Not by much but still. 

Edited by BRH

28 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Very incorrect. It's only 42% if we beat the Broncos. And only 49% if we beat the Broncos AND the Jets.

The Bills are at the point where they're going to have to beat the Cowboys and Chargers AND pull a major upset (one of @PHI, @KC, or @MIA) to make the playoffs.

None of those will be "major upsets" if the Bills win...absent more catastrophic injuries, we won't be more than 3-point underdogs in any of those games and will probably be favored at Miami.

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

If this happens, we will get in at least as a wild card with a victory over Miami. Might even win us the division, but that is less likely as Miami would have to go 3-4 leading up to Week 18 with a pretty easy upcoming schedule

Miami really doesn't have an easy schedule going forward. Jets twice, Bills, Cowboys and Ravens all could go either way for them. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

None of those will be "major upsets" if the Bills win...absent more catastrophic injuries, we won't be more than 3-point underdogs in any of those games and will probably be favored at Miami.

Football gods say “hold my beer, mortal”.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Miami really doesn't have an easy schedule going forward. Jets twice, Bills, Cowboys and Ravens all could go either way for them. 

I agree on those games you mention but they will be overwhelming favorites for LV, @ WAS, and TEN. Even if they win only those 3 we will have to beat DEN, NYJ, @ LAC, and NE to have a shot at the division

Just looking around the league and looking at the Bills….they will be extremely fortunate to make the post-season. Our offense, where we have no injuries, has been stagnant for well over a month. The defense is just decimated.

Too much to overcome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Beast said:

Just looking around the league and looking at the Bills….they will be extremely fortunate to make the post-season. Our offense, where we have no injuries, has been stagnant for well over a month. The defense is just decimated.

Too much to overcome.

Careful now 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Watching games on RedZone makes you wonder about the Bills offensive imagination. I've seen throwback screens to the RBs. Delayed TE screens over the middle. None of this is in the Bills arsenal 

We have the most predictable, vanilla offense in the league. Just the way our predictable, vanilla Head Coach wants it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Beast said:

Too much to overcome.

I get this sense too. The offense would need to carry the team by possessing the ball, scoring TDs, keeping the defense playing ahead and off the field -  they just aren’t disciplined enough in their play. 

I just can’t envision the light clicks on now. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.