The Bills are done, stick a fork in them

HopefulFuture

Wtf did I just read???

Keep Allen and Diggs and get some real help for them and a real coaching staff. The foundation, as far as players go, is there. Get a HC who knows how to put it all together, and you could be looking at a SB. We have the QB....wtf are these idiots doing? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I guess people forgot that at one point in 2021, the Bills were 7-6.  They went on a huge run and played phenomenal in the playoffs.  All up to the 13 seconds.   Season is far from over.  We’re a game back of the Dolphins with the tie breaker in hand.  

Look at the schedule in 21 compared to the one we having coming up. Denver coming off of a bye and having just beat the Chiefs. We could be in trouble. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I don't think running the math at 5-3 makes me "most optimistic". Now it's 5-4 and I'm not. That's realistic, which is not to be confused with the stuff that guys like you and Airseven do before the season even starts.

Just call it like I see it. I don't have any agenda except wanting the Bills to appear in the SB and win a Lombardi. 

I will voice my displeasure and concerns as to why I think this isn't happening.

Others fail and it refuse to see the failures of the team, players, coaches, and organization. 

This year is opening up the eyes of many. I believe that includes you. Wish it wasn't this way. Change is badly needed and maybe now you can admit the obvious. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nah, they're fine.   No one really saw this as a win on the road.   

So integrate your new guys on D this week, go out and win these next two home games and get to 

7-4 and see where we go from there. 

If lose to Philly on the road, then 7-5 at the bye.   Get some guys back, make some playbook changes as usual over the bye maybe and off we go again.  

With the key guy injuries and Josh being rough on the road, hard to see an SB run this year, which is what it is . 

This seems to be a big transition year for Josh personally.   Farmboy w/college girlfriend becomes loner rock star overnight, can't imagine he's completely handling it.  

If and when they lose two in a row I'll begin to be concerned.

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Look at the schedule in 21 compared to the one we having coming up. Denver coming off of a bye and having just beat the Chiefs. We could be in trouble. 

I'm hoping Broncos beating the Chiefs is going to be similar to the Bills beating the Dolphins - they go to sleep afterwards as that was the game they wanted.

Admittedly injuries have not helped post Dolphins.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, HopefulFuture said:

Allen isn't the answer. Good QB, but he can't win the clutch games. Oh I know fans will throw a multitude of excuses....coaching, personnel, and each have merit on their own right.

Opinion safely discarded. Thanks for putting this up top so I didn’t have to read the rest 

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Thank you. Give Josh a competent offensive HC like Ben Johnson and a conditioning staff that can keep our defense off the IR, and things will turn around.  Surround JA with a viable offensive gameplan and stress drafting offense over D.  Half our D are aging anyway or overpaid.

Find me any source that shows Ben Johnson will be a good HC and not just another Adam Gase. 

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Nah, they're fine.   No one really saw this as a win on the road.   

So integrate your new guys on D this week, go out and win these next two home games and get to 

7-4 and see where we go from there. 

If lose to Philly on the road, then 7-5 at the bye.   Get some guys back, make some playbook changes as usual over the bye maybe and off we go again.  

With the key guy injuries and Josh being rough on the road, hard to see an SB run this year, which is what it is . 

This seems to be a big transition year for Josh personally.   Farmboy w/college girlfriend becomes loner rock star overnight, can't imagine he's completely handling it.  

If and when they lose two in a row I'll begin to be concerned.

Delusional. 

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

@HopefulFuture - if the Bills trade Josh there's no guarantee they'll find someone better in the trade. Despite his issues, he's in the top five, being generous possibly top three, QBs in the league right now. That's not easy to replace.

I believe he's a good QB, but he's not the answer for a championship here is my opinion. And currently, the results of his tenure support my opinion. I could be wrong, but I won't back away from my position on keeping Allen. Results matter to myself in any event, and as of now, today, we are not championship contenders, Allen included.

I've been through the 70's, 80's, 4 super bowl losses in the 90's, the drought years, just like many others. I want a championship, I feel moving on from this current situation holds more of a chance than keeping them. They've shown they don't have what it takes, imho.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

These next two games are crucial. We win these next two home games and get to 7-4.  The next big test will be in Philly. If we can somehow steal that game will be in good shape. We can’t afford to be no worse than 7-5 going into the bye week. 

I still believe JA and the offense can shake out this rut they are in.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

I believe he's a good QB, but he's not the answer for a championship here is my opinion. And currently, the results of his tenure support my opinion. I could be wrong, but I won't back away from my position on keeping Allen. Results matter to myself in any event, and as of now, today, we are not championship contenders, Allen included.

I've been through the 70's, 80's, 4 super bowl losses in the 90's, the drought years, just like many others. I want a championship, I feel moving on from this current situation holds more of a chance than keeping them. They've shown they don't have what it takes, imho.

Who do you replace him with?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HopefulFuture said:

To me, that's a secondary question. My primary question would be, and is, what GM and coaching staff to bring in. Answering that leads to the roster personnel decisions, including QB.

You wouldn't like to see if a change of coaching staff could unlock Josh's full potential first?

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Who do you replace him with?

Nobody. This guy is bonkers

Just now, HopefulFuture said:

To me, that's a secondary question. My primary question would be, and is, what GM and coaching staff to bring in. Answering that leads to the roster personnel decisions, including QB.

You build around your top 5 Qb in his prime. You find a GM and coach who will construct the RIGHT team around him. Can’t believe this is even being discussed. Josh Allen is the best QB the bills have ever had and he isn’t even 28 yet. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

You wouldn't like to see if a change of coaching staff could unlock Josh's full potential first?

I've thought about that, but I'm not sold on Josh is all. On field vision is highly questionable. And again, I could be wrong, but to date, my opinion is backed by results, at least as of now.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

You build around your top 5 Qb in his prime. You find a GM and coach who will construct the RIGHT team around him. Can’t believe this is even being discussed. Josh Allen is the best QB the bills have ever had and he isn’t even 28 yet. 

Jim Kelly?  If I recall he was pretty good and lead a very quick paced and dynamic offense.  HOF I think....

8 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Bonkers?

53 years a fan, 0 championships, bonkers?

And Kelly was by far a way better QB then Josh is. Kelly play called on the field, Allen has a hard time executing others play calling at times, especially in critical games. Best QB Buffalo has ever had? At least make a championship game before crowning him.

Edited by HopefulFuture
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

Bonkers?

53 years a fan, 0 championships, bonkers?

And Kelly was by far a way better QB then Josh is. Kelly play called on the field, Allen has a ha4d time executing others play calling ar times, especially in critical games. Best QB Buffalo has ever had? At least make a championship game before crowning him.

I can decide if you are trolling or not.  If so, well done, mission accomplished. If not, time for bed.  What's left of the crack will still be there when you get up. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

I've thought about that, but I'm not sold on Josh is all. On field vision is highly questionable. And again, I could be wrong, but to date, my opinion is backed by results, at least as of now.

It’s been 6 years, four of which have MVP-level play and stats with them. What else do you want? You want him to tuck you into bed too?

These takes are just insane. Just insane.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

How easy do you think it would be for the Bills to find a QB of Josh's calibre, let alone better?

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

How easy do you think it would be for the Bills to find a QB of Josh's calibre, let alone better?

Well, when he does it on Madden he can create a player from the ground up, everything from eye color to accuracy. Just make one with a 99 rating.  Why can't the Bills just do that? Amirite?

I would love to see what Allen could do with a better than average O line. The Bills O-line is somewhere between mediocre and atrocious. I do agree with the OP's take that Allen seems to have trouble reading the D and especially those corner blitzes. However he is still an immense talent that simply deserves to have better players around him.

Well, I feel you take it just a little too far ... but this Bills is team is just average.  Forget the stats, the pre-game fluff and the hype of Josh Allen.  This team is flat.  We'll be lucky to make playoffs.  We lost to Jets, Pats and just barely beat the Giants and Tampa Bay ... did you really expect that the Bills would have a chance against Cincy?

The 2023 Bills are right there with the Steelers, Houston and Indy ... on the outside loooking in.

And for the record, Josh Allen ... although stud athlete, is immature.   He needs to grow up and mature, and right quick.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

It’s been 6 years, four of which have MVP-level play and stats with them. What else do you want? You want him to tuck you into bed too?

These takes are just insane. Just insane.

Allen hasn't once been crowned MVP, so no, his play is not MVP caliber in point of fact.

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Yeah, umm NO... utterly crap take. We were in the game until the end and YET AGAIN we lost by 6 points or less. We haven't gotten blown out once.

Denver - W 6-4

New York - W 7-4
@Philadelphia - L 7-5
@Kansas City - W 8-5
Dallas - W 9-5
@Los Angeles - W 10-5
New England - W 11-5
@Miami - W 12-5

JUST. STOP. ALREADY.

We were never in the game, same with the jets and Patriots. These are division opponents/conference opponents, the lack of execution, the turnovers, many by Josh himself, the keeping the D on the field an abnormal amount of time given this offenses "supposed" abilities all lead to 1 conclusion. This team, from management decisions, coaching decisions on down ro execution on the field by the offensive side players, is a complete failure. And Josh is a large part of that imho.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

Allen hasn't once been crowned MVP, so no, his play is not MVP caliber in point of fact.

We were never in the game, same with the jets and Patriots. These are division opponents/conference opponents, the lack of execution, the turnovers, many by Josh himself, the keeping the D on the field an abnormal amount of time given this offenses "supposed" abilities all lead to 1 conclusion. This team, from management decisions, coaching decisions on down ro execution on the field by the offensive side players, is a complete failure. And Josh is a large part of that imho.

If Kincaid doesn't fumble, we are in a great spot to win the game. You're not basing this in reality. We haven't lost a single game by more than SIX POINTS.

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

If Kincaid doesn't fumble, we are in a great spot to win the game. You're not basing this in reality. We haven't lost a single game by more than SIX POINTS.

We haven't played for a championship once in this current configuration for this organization. It's time to move on imho.

8 hours ago, HopefulFuture said:

I've watched these past 4 years, the window isn't closing, it's closed.

Allen isn't the answer. Good QB, but he can't win the clutch games. Oh I know fans will throw a multitude of excuses....coaching, personnel, and each have merit on their own right.

Beans and McD need to go, so does Allen. Let Diggs go to. Get what you can in trade value. That should be solid building blocks if the right management team and coaching staff are assembled.

Many will hate this opinion, but if your not accepting the reality of the current situation, then your living your Bills Fandom in la la land.

The current organizational make up, from management and coaching to roster personnel is not taking this team anywhere.

I know, hate it, hate me and a growing number that share this opinion, but it won't change the reality on the ground. This team is going nowhere, and the past 4+ years outcomes project this.

The time for denial is over. It's time to move on to acceptance.

Man if this is from hopeful future, hate to see what the negative one has to say!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Man if this is from hopeful future, hate to see what the negative one has to say!

As a Buffalo Sports fan in general, we tend to live our sports fan lives ever reaching for that "Hopeful Future". Championships elude this regions fan base, the current condition of the Bills is no different, invites to the dance but stumbles in the parking lot after getting out of the car due to 2 left feet.

It is what it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.