Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Yikes horrendous post 

We will see. I'm not totally sold yet based on a good game against the Jets. He has been steady in the other games, was very good yesterday. And I did later clarify my backup comment in that I just don't see him as an upgrade on Jackson and Benford. He can start in the NFL but I think he is a similar level of player to them. But the Bills clearly have considered him as a start so far and, in any event have had injuries to Benford and Jackson that have forced Douglas into the lineup early whether that was the plan or not. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

he is a backup on this team.  not horrendous post.

Yep, and I did later clarify that was my point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We will see. I'm not totally sold yet based on a good game against the Jets. He has been steady in the other games, was very good yesterday. And I did later clarify my backup comment in that I just don't see him as an upgrade on Jackson and Benford. He can start in the NFL but I think he is a similar level of player to them. But the Bills clearly have considered him as a start so far and, in any event have had injuries to Benford and Jackson that have forced Douglas into the lineup early whether that was the plan or not. 

He looks like a clearly different level player (from Dane at least) to my eye.  The size and length are apparent- and he actually uses that size to be physical within routes- and there's an energy around him that he's going to make a play on the ball.  He's just a perfect fit for this D IMO.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

What I like about Douglas other than his length, physicality and proven track record of production is his awareness.  He is always looking at the QB's eyes which is why he was able to jump on that second int.  He was covering another player and saw the QB looking at another WR and he decided to close in and jump the other guys route.   A really good heady play by Douglas.   

I think with Benford, Douglas and Jackson, we have good enough boundary corners to take this team as far as the offense will take them.  The pickup of Joseph also really stabilized this defensive line, another good pickup.

The offense just needs to be like it was yesterday on a consistent basis and the Bills could end up making the playoffs and being a very dangerous team.

9 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I have yet to see Benford or Jackson come off their guy like Douglas did and make the pick

Yeah, that was a Tre White kind of play.

Agreed on that blown PI call. He sat on the guys route and then held his water and didn't attack until the ball was arriving.

One of several ridiculous calls mixed in with the repeated bungling of that pack of zebras.

They are going to enjoy the film room about as much as the Jets will this week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Douglas trade was excellent. Experienced, starting calibre CB for some 40 odd draft spots. Looks to me to be excellent when the play is in front of him or lateral. He is a playmaker with very good anticipation and field awareness. As a playmaker he has a tendency to bite on double moves and allow separation (G.Wilson had him beat over the top yesterday a couple of times but Wilson was a chicken on the run for his life). If he had a bit more foot speed to recover he'd prolly be legit #1 corner and a Pro Bowler. He's a welcome addition.

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Extend him beyond next year.  Ball hawk, aggressive, physical, energy. 

massive acquisition

I think this is a must do. The Bills are in a cap crunch next year. Unless the plan is to burn it all down, I think it should be very reasonable to extend him a few years. His Packers deal was $7 M a year, and heavily frontloaded. Beane can easily knock the $9M for 2024 down with a signing bonus and set it to match the rising salary cap for another few years. 

Watching him a bit in GB and now watching him with us, I feel like he'll be our pre injury Tre White going forward. Whoever coached him up at GB did a masterful job because he's a legit corner in this league and didn't even think he was available until the trade happened which just goes to show you as fans we have absolutely no insight on whats actually going on behind the scenes because there were no mentions whatsover about this guy even being available that I saw or read leading up to the deadline.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Sorry but neither of Jackson or Benford have made plays on the ball like Douglas did last night. 

Douglas is a ball hawk and was much needed on this defense. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

he is a backup on this team.  not horrendous post.

For now. He's learning the D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, that was a Tre White kind of play.

Agreed on that blown PI call. He sat on the guys route and then held his water and didn't attack until the ball was arriving.

One of several ridiculous calls mixed in with the repeated bungling of that pack of zebras.

They are going to enjoy the film room about as much as the Jets will this week.

Ha!  You assume that the officials watch film and try to get better.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Sorry but neither of Jackson or Benford have made plays on the ball like Douglas did last night. 

Douglas is a ball hawk and was much needed on this defense. 

For now. He's learning the D.

As Gunner said, he looked good against the absolute worst scoring Offense in the NFL.  Without injuries, he wasn't in the game last night.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Like if a tree falls in he woods, do good games against Zach Wilson even count? He is one of the worst starting qbs I have ever seen.

that said, nice game RD!!!! Do it against Hurts and Mahkmes and I’ll be really impressed. But he should get a player of the week award!

Zack Wilson is the way to not have an offence.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.