Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

On 11/20/2023 at 10:05 AM, Mr. WEO said:

ok

I got $100 days he is.  Bet?

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Douglas is a closer...I believe he leads the NFL in 4th Quarter/OT INTs over the last 3 years as well. There is no way in the world I would start either of the 2 players we have over Douglas.  It's not even close at this point.

Agree about Dane-  I think he’s probably better than Benford too…. But Benford has been playing very well of late. Benford and Douglas will be the starters this year and next imo 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agree about Dane-  I think he’s probably better than Benford too…. But Benford has been playing very well of late. Benford and Douglas will be the starters this year and next imo 

Benford plays well, sometimes gets his hands on balls, rarely makes the INT.  That's why it's not a discussion between him and Douglas.  Gotta make plays when you are in the position to make plays instead of giving the offense another chance.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Benford plays well, sometimes gets his hands on balls, rarely makes the INT.  That's why it's not a discussion between him and Douglas.  Gotta make plays when you are in the position to make plays instead of giving the offense another chance.

I disagree.  There’s more to it than capitalizing and getting turnovers. Getting beat for TDs is the anti-equivalent to getting turnovers.  Douglas is more susceptible to giving up TDs. Benford is also a better tackler. 

I’ll take Doiglas at this point, but I disagree that “it’s not close”.  McD certainly disagrees with you too

On 11/21/2023 at 1:55 PM, NewEra said:

I agreed with you right there. Given injuries, he’s bound to start

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Right…..because Dane Jackson is better and deserves to start over him?  No.

I like Dane more than most but Douglas is a better corner and deserves to start.  He’s probably better than Benford too. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was acquired because of the injury to White and I guess the Packers relented on trading him and/or their trade compensation.  But he bound to start as soon as he got up to speed. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Right…..because Dane Jackson is better and deserves to start over him?  No.

I like Dane more than most but Douglas is a better corner and deserves to start.  He’s probably better than Benford too. 

Douglas and Benford is a great CB tandem.  Dane is good, but not as good as Douglas and Benford.  He gets hurt a lot also because he plays hard, but is slightly built. 

Maybe he can play slot because TJ is a liability in coverage.  If he was bigger he would be a great LB.  The guy is fearless and tough.  Just too small.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2023 at 3:45 PM, Virgil said:

Don't like it, especially not for a 3rd round pick.  Is he even going to start over Benford and Jackson?  

That 3rd round pick could be way more important to this team as we will have a lot of holes to fill.  

I stand by this.   Stupid trade.  Dude has had zero impact 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.