Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I was fine when the Bills were a run of the mill team.  They aren't and they have the best QB in the NFL.  No excuses.

You were happy when we were bad.  Now you’re sad now that we’re good.  Makes sense

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

10 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

OT a bit but wasn’t sure where to ask this….

Does anyone know if with Sunday Ticket now that it’s on YouTube …are you able to watch on more than one device with the same credentials? I know with Directv it was one and one only at a time. Thanks 

There's been a couple threads about it that might have some info or answers for you:

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I enjoy watching my team play win or lose.  I enjoyed watching my team play for 17 seasons of zero playoff appearances.  I enjoy getting together with the boys and having a blast before, during and after the game.  I enjoy talking about and reading about my team day in day out.  

It’s seems as if you only enjoy winning and whining.  💩 

A happy balance is best. Winning does make it a lot more enjoyable and less frustrating to watch.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You were happy when we were bad.  Now you’re sad now that we’re good.  Makes sense

Expectations change when you land one of the best QBs in the league. 

I think you are being too black and white here.

One can be dissatisfied with the Bills players, coaches, and results. One can get upset, frustrated, and voice their displeasures as a fan.

At same time, a person and fan can be happy with watching their favorite team and players play. 

It's not one or another. They can and are interchangeable. Bitching, booing, and whining is every part of being a fan as is cheering, yelling,  and clapping. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/30/2023 at 8:14 AM, Maine-iac said:

In it's current configuration I don't see how we can stop Burrow and keep Mixon in check.  Using Poyer at LB is a great idea and probably helps stop the coverage problems we were having from both Dodson and Williams.  I don't think Rapp is very good in coverage but maybe he's still getting up to speed.  Stopping the run is something no one is talking about and what I think will be the larger problem.  If Mixon is gauging us out o the gate it will instantly make for an easy day for Burrow.

I don’t see them running much. Burrow is back and looking to make up ground from his injury. We’re not great against the run these days, but I see Cincy living by the pass. I just hope they lose by it too.

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

Does anyone know if with Sunday Ticket now that it’s on YouTube …are you able to watch on more than one device with the same credentials? I know with Directv it was one and one only at a time. Thanks 

Should be unlimited on home network. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Missing the point......  But you too are happy with the losses to the Jets, Jax & NE.  You're in a good place & I'm happy for you.

I wasn’t happy.  I just have self control and don’t internally combust when we lose.  

43 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

One can be dissatisfied with the Bills players, coaches, and results. One can get upset, frustrated, and voice their displeasures as a fan.

At same time, a person and fan can be happy with watching their favorite team and players play. 

It's not one or another. They can and are interchangeable. Bitching, booing, and whining is every part of being a fan as is cheering, yelling,  and clapping. 

One can do whatever they want.  I’m not disputing that.  I’m just saying it sucks to be like him.  And probably you too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wasn’t happy.  I just have self control and don’t internally combust when we lose.  

Thank you for saying this out loud.

This board, like the interwebs, is filled with people who want what they want and they want it NOW. Then they think of a lot of reasons why they can't get what they want RIGHT NOW and get pissy.

It's a game.  Be Zen, like an adult, because it doesn't actually matter at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

I can say that in my house I've had it up on two separate smart TVs each logged into youtube app w/ same credentials (on one I don't get the multi game but I think that has something to do with the TV for some reason haven't figured that one out)

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t see them running much. Burrow is back and looking to make up ground from his injury. We’re not great against the run these days, but I see Cincy living by the pass. I just hope they lose by it too.

If we manage to jump out to a lead I could agree with what you are saying but otherwise if Mixon got 16 carries against a 49er defense tell me why he wouldn't get even more against us.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

As in anything in life, its how you react to adversity.  Some people can handle it, some people go “woe is me” and whine.  

We all hate the losses, you guys aren’t in any more pain than anyone else, we just have an off switch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If we manage to jump out to a lead I could agree with what you are saying but otherwise if Mixon got 16 carries against a 49er defense tell me why he wouldn't get even more against us.

I already did. Cincy has the top trio of WR’s in the League, bar None. Burrow is super accurate and has a quick release. Mixon’s fine, but every team has a Mixon. He isn’t what separates the Bengals from other teams. There. Now you know

You’re welcome.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I already did. Cincy has the top trio of WR’s in the League, bar None. Burrow is super accurate and has a quick release. Mixon’s fine, but every team has a Mixon. He isn’t what separates the Bengals from other teams. There. Now you know

You’re welcome.

Same group of receivers they had last year in the playoffs when Mixon ran for 105 and none of the receivers had more than 60 yards?  Why? ..... because we couldn't stop the run.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

One can do whatever they want.  I’m not disputing that.  I’m just saying it sucks to be like him.  And probably you too

I can only speak about myself. It doesn't suck to be me not that you really care. Maybe it sucks to be you? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

One thing I don't want to see on Sunday night is us winning the coin flip, deferring, and watching Burrow take the Bengals down the field for a touchdown or even a FG.  If we win the flip, we need to get the ball first and take it to these guys.  Show some f**king balls and confidence, McDermott!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

As in anything in life, its how you react to adversity.  Some people can handle it, some people go “woe is me” and whine.  

We all hate the losses, you guys aren’t in any more pain than anyone else, we just have an off switch.

No one was doing a comparison thing about pain or any other emotion. Strange response... Even stranger is talking about having an off switch. If that's the case I suggest maybe don't watch the games. You can always read about it. Is that what you mean by an off switch? Ridiculous...

19 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Same group of receivers they had last year in the playoffs when Mixon ran for 105 and none of the receivers had more than 60 yards?  Why? ..... because we couldn't stop the run.

You are not lying...

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

One thing I don't want to see on Sunday night is us winning the coin flip, deferring, and watching Burrow take the Bengals down the field for a touchdown or even a FG.  If we win the flip, we need to get the ball first and take it to these guys.  Show some f**king balls and confidence, McDermott!  

Or get the ball and go three and out. That will set the tone too. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No one was doing a comparison thing about pain or any other emotion. Strange response... Even stranger is talking about having an off switch. If that's the case I suggest maybe don't watch the games. You can always read about it. Is that what you mean by an off switch? Ridiculous...

Off switch as in we don’t need to voice our displeasure over and over and over and over and over again…many times about the same thing.  Its a broken record of “woe is me”.

I can handle the emotions of a football game so I will keep watching.  You after a loss sound like an Alanis Morrissette song.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

Exactafugginright.

31 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Those two things are kind of two sides of the same coin…boxes are lighter when you’ve gotta worry about passing threats.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Off switch as in we don’t need to voice our displeasure over and over and over and over and over again…many times about the same thing.  Its a broken record of “woe is me”.

I can handle the emotions of a football game so I will keep watching.  You after a loss sound like an Alanis Morrissette song.

I'll take that as a compliment because she's a great artist. Thanks!

I give plenty of praise as a see fit and vice versa.

I think it's more you don't like the negative criticisms even when warranted. I get it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

Absolutely Not.  You win the toss you defer.  Much more ability to control the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Those two things are kind of two sides of the same coin…boxes are lighter when you’ve gotta worry about passing threats.  

All the more reason you would run the ball ................like I said and like they did last year.  Someone was saying they wouldn't run because they have such great receivers.  It's true they have great receivers and Burrow is good but if we are playing coverage they are going to run.  Without Jones and Milano if we can't stop that at some point we are going to have to either switch who's on the field or run blitz and that's when the chess match and those recievers will come into the equation.  The reason Mac Jones looked like a good QB was because we couldn't stop the run and with Williams or Dodson on the field they couldn't cover.  We switched it up by making Poyer play LB and inserting Rapp but even if that helps against the run will that cover the Bengals WR's.  It'll be interesting ........... I hope the offense comes out on fire and limits them running the ball that way.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Absolutely Not.  You win the toss you defer.  Much more ability to control the game.

Nonsense.  There is no evidence whatsoever to support that notion.  We want to take the fight to these guys.  We have the best QB in the world.  Get the ball, go no-huddle all the way down the field and score on them.  Then do it again, and again.  That's the only way we're going to beat them.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nonsense.  There is no evidence whatsoever to support that notion.  We want to take the fight to these guys.  We have the best QB in the world.  Get the ball, go no-huddle all the way down the field and score on them.  Then do it again, and again.  That's the only way we're going to beat them.

Win the toss, defer or not, I'd love to see us just march up and down the field and score at will.  If it turns into a boat race we still have some great pass rushers and some great safeties and Burrows will throw picks from time to time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

I have a friend who's been signing into my YouTube TV account and watching games (from her house) at the same time as we watch in my house. She is in the same area as me so I don't know if that helps. I'm super surprised it hasn't cut her off yet 8 weeks into the season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re welcome.

Their trio's track record is good, but aside from last game, Higgins has been awful in the games I've watched this year. Hope he hasn't figured it out quite yet. 

Miami's WRs have had a better overall season so far. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Well said. I agree with your response. I'd be surprised if McD zone defense can stop the Bengals from scoring a minimum of 30 points.

I'd be shocked if Dorsey can outmaneuver all the wrinkles of Lou's defense. 

The Bills have always focused on beating the Chiefs. The roster is built accordingly. They have had good success vs them in the regular season. Poor success in the playoffs when it really counts. Typical of a McD team. 

The Bengals offense is just too much for the Bills. The Bills zone defense cannot stop the west coast offense led by an elite Burrow QB. Add in that Mixon an average runner and poor running team usually has a very nice game vs Buffalo. This team isn't built to beat Cinci. 

Couple all of this with no Jones, Tre, Milano, Knox, and a crippled Von. 

Bengals 41

Bills 24

Bills playoffs hopes take a big hit and McD and Dorsey becomes more exposed. We fans can only hope Pegula watched what the the Raiders owner just did. 

Honestly, no Knox might be a good thing at this point.  It pushes them to use Kincaid more.  It pushes them to use an offense they are better at.  It pushes them to actually make Davis run more than streaks down the sideline.  Davis was all over the place last week which is why he had probably his best game of the season.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Burrows been hurt from the start of the season. He’s not now. 🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

Their trio's track record is good, but aside from last game, Higgins has been awful in the games I've watched this year. Hope he hasn't figured it out quite yet. 

Miami's WRs have had a better overall season so far. 

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes because your takes are generally well accepted.  

I'm here to discuss Bills football, express my opinions, and listen to others. I could care less about acceptance. 

If I cared about acceptance, I'd write something this:

Bills will win a big game in Cincinnati. I think the team is ready to fire on all cylinders. Allen will make some unbelievable plays, play smart, use his legs, and spread the ball around. The Oline will open up holes for Cook and protect Allen enough. 

On defense, the Bills will bend but don't break. They will stiffen up in the red zone, make some big third down stops, and get a couple of timely huge turnovers. 

Bills 38

Bengals 24

You like that? Hugs and kisses for me? 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Some on ESPN are saying Cincinnati is now the best team in the AFC. The point differential is because of their bad start. I know some of us Bills fans can be pessimistic at times 😒 

They might be true, but thats premature af.  They had two good games all year.  One against a bottom feeder team and another against a game manager QB missing a couple stars and on a losing streak.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Burrows been hurt from the start of the season. He’s not now. 🤦‍♂️

I"m not talking about stats, I'm talking about bad routes, poor efforts on contested catches, drops. He was good last week, but had some horrible games to start the year. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Honestly, no Knox might be a good thing at this point.  It pushes them to use Kincaid more.  It pushes them to use an offense they are better at.  It pushes them to actually make Davis run more than streaks down the sideline.  Davis was all over the play last week which is why he had probably his best game of the season.

I don't disagree with your take. The offense definitely had a different wrinkle in a good way. I'm just not so sure if that was a specific game plan for the Bucs and the Bills revert back to their more traditional offense, plays, and schemes. Remember, the Bucs are a pass funnel defense that blitzes at a very high rate. I have to give Dorsey and the offensive coaching staff lots of credit for a very good game plan.

I just don't know how effective Gabe can be running slate routes. Teams will be paying more attention to Kincaid which could open up things for others. Can the offense be sustainable playing at that pace? 

Big test on Sunday night. 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.