Twitter - Josh, Von called players only meeting (reporter also mentioned possibility at McD presser)

BillsFan619

This is the “We better come together now or we will all lose as individuals” talk.   

I am sure there is a crisis in faith being felt.  But technically they are not eliminated from anything so they should stop feeling sorry for themselves and go beat the tar out of Tampa and have a long week to recover.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ACL and if he cannot play why is he Not still on the PUP? 

and I don’t care what Von USED to do. I care what he has done since signing a 100M contract with the Bills 

It's hard to assess how he's coming back when functionally none of our DE did ***** yesterday, notice you glossed over that.

Obviously we need him to play well under the contract he was given, that wasn't what this was about and you ***** know that.

This was about what he could bring to this meeting and his experience is absolutely an asset, if you want to B word and moan about his injury and contract maybe make or probably find the thread specifically about that, oh look here it is took me 2 seconds.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Von has no business calling that meeting right now. Players who contribute should. A contract doesn't make you a leader and he sucks on the field right now 

Ehh sorry.  You dont know, I dont know, it might be totally in "his domain", we are not in the locker room.

Form what I can tell Von carries a LOT of credibility with teammates and his career speaks for itself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not a fan of the players only meeting. Usually just a sign of team in crisis, versus any kind of prescription for what ails.  

21 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Who's scheduled to be the Legend of the Game? Can he coach? 🤔

Even if he could, he wouldn't be able to call plays on about 1/3 of the field.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Typically that's because it usually happens on bad teams.  You can't make players become more talented.  You can get players on the same page if you think things might be a little disjointed and take ownership of making things right tho.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/11/19/23465240/detroit-lions-defensive-success-catalyst-players-only-meeting-reacts-survey

Exactly. 

They've had these before.

It's not that big a deal.

People in this thread are -- surprise, surprise -- overreacting and making this seem like a bigger deal than it is.

Would folks rather that the players DIDN'T feel some urgency and take it upon themselves to assert some leadership and try to right the ship?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's hard to assess how he's coming back when functionally none of our DE did ***** yesterday, notice you glossed over that.

Obviously we need him to play well under the contract he was given, that wasn't what this was about and you ***** know that.

This was about what he could bring to this meeting and his experience is absolutely an asset, if you want to B word and moan about his injury and contract maybe make or probably find the thread specifically about that, oh look here it is took me 2 seconds.

I did notice his 6 plays. You are correct I did notice those. So glad he is active though who needs that roster spot. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, 14774 said:

Pffft, Von Miller 🤦‍♂️ Old, washed-up, overpaid loudmouth. 

2 time SuperBowl champion, SuperBowl MVP, future HOFer, and a guy who has worked his @ss off to join his brothers on the field after an ACL tear less than a year ago... yeah he deserves no respect from his teammates.

I really try to remain civil here, but your take is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.