Ed Oliver OUT Sunday

Big Blitz

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This might be the most injury-cautious coaching staff in the history of the NFL.  I'm not saying I disagree with the approach but my goodness they've been a complete horse hospital under McD.

Agree, and agreed.

Evil Me sometimes wants to go old school, like w race horses back in the day (I spent waaay too much time at Keenland): shoot 'em up with Buprenorphine and have at it.

I keeed, I keeed...

56 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

Last I checked. no one important from the offensive side is out! No excuses. Pats have a horrid injury list. Bills are either a contender or pretender. If this game is close, the Bills are alleged SB contender frauds... PERIOD!   

Yes. Because sweeping hot takes after 7 weeks are always accurate. More things should be based on a 2-3 week basis. 

1 hour ago, RG Murdock said:

Last I checked. no one important from the offensive side is out! No excuses. Pats have a horrid injury list. Bills are either a contender or pretender. If this game is close, the Bills are alleged SB contender frauds... PERIOD!   

So if they win 21-18, they’re frauds? 

A win is a win. As fans…we’ll scrutinize their play, but it always shocks me how quickly people can dismiss the past success this team has earned.

They’re still a very good football team. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re finding out about a lot of players on defense, that’s for sure. Depth tested.

I wouldn't mind Boogie around now. 

2 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

No excuses. Pats have a horrid injury list. 

So did the Giants. Just saying. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

I think if the Bills somehow go down 0-3 in the first quarter I would drag McD out of the arena in chains. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I expected to see more of Groot/AJ inside on passing downs. Hope we can incorporate some version of that w Floyd playing outta his mind and Von hopefully getting a full workload

Ed is another huge L for the D. He's been playing phenomenal 

Edited by JerseyBills

8 hours ago, balln said:

AJE does NOT set the edge well. Groot does

one or two injuries to interior DL and we may be in trouble 

Obviously Ed Oliver’s injury doesn’t help.  But NE’s offensive line has struggled pretty bad this season too.  So I think I’d call it more of push than a disadvantage 

If the Patriots rush for 125 yards and get consistent push on b/n the tackle runs the Bills could easily lose this game. Mac Jones is good at the short passes and can dink and dunk with the best of em. If I’m McD I’m putting Dane and Benford on an island, playing 1 safety deep and focusing on stuffing the run and short passes. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If the Patriots rush for 125 yards and get consistent push on b/n the tackle runs the Bills could easily lose this game. Mac Jones is good at the short passes and can dink and dunk with the best of em. If I’m McD I’m putting Dane and Benford on an island, playing 1 safety deep and focusing on stuffing the run and short passes. 

Oh how we can wish / hope

but he won’t. He will not change

we’ll get dink and dunked to death the rest of the season. Teams like Kc and cincy and sf will steam roll

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

We know DJ is out for the season?

Technically, no. He was quoted as saying 6 weeks to heal, a couple weeks of rehab and a couple of getting back into the swing of it. So 10 weeks from now is pretty much season. So if he's available post season that would be a bonus, but for now we don't have him so......

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

and they are coming through.   These things will set up the Bills for the long run.  Go Bills !!

We’ll find out soon. The Giants OL and WRs are so bad be can’t even grade that game. It was good to get some live action though. Patriots won’t be much of a test either.

But Poona Ford and Rousseau should be able to handle missing Oliver in terms of inside rush. Hopefully Settle steps up at a 1T.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.