Giants @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

The problem, IMO, is inconsistent offense/play calling.  Dorsey is erratic in his play selections.  Even though they are head scratching the players need to execcute their assignments.  Two games where six out of eight quarters the offense play was below average.  This is a repeat of last season.  McD has to get a handle on this ASAP!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I do think they didn’t get the call because they had their hands on eachother and they just got a 50/50 pi on the previous play 

This was more even. Bernard was all over the guy on the previous play. Totally PI on the previous one.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 1

It was a disgusting performance from the Bills in a primetime game ... Sean McDermott is a disaster, the Bills offense under his watch is an inconsistent mess ... it's embarrassing to barely beat an already bad and severely injured New York Giants team, to score 14 points.  But "Glory to God," right Sean?

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

Surprised no one has brought up the balance of the work load at RB snaps.

From the opening bell, it was Murray > Cook. Have to wonder if this had something to do with pass pro. 

Surprised he got so much work…12 carries to cooks 14…most of which came in the first half. 

What’s up with that?

P.S. I love Latavius Murray (he’s a freak bulldozer) but that doesn’t mean I want him being a feature back in this offense 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Surprised no one has brought up the balance of the work load at RB snaps.

From the opening bell, it was Murray > Cook. Have to wonder if this had something to do with pass pro. 

Surprised he got so much work…12 carries to cooks 14…most of which came in the first half. 

What’s up with that?

P.S. I love Latavius Murray (he’s a freak bulldozer) but that doesn’t mean I want him being a feature back in this offense 

Body blows. I think they should do more of it. Use Cook's speed and agility after you soften them up a bit.🤔

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree with everything but your first sentence. The running back room is nothing special. Murray is just ok and pretty good as a back up RB. Cook is nothing special. Teams don't have to game plan for him. He's not a game changer and remains inconsistent. Some of that is due to the scheme and lack of putting him in the best situation to succeed. Bottom line is the Bills running game is nothing special or scary for opposing defenses to defend. Allen needs to be included in the conversation but he's not. That's really a big point of contention. Taking away Allen's legs certainly decreased the Bills chances to win. 

Secondly, it's the oline. How good are they? They seem improved from last year but that's not saying much. The jury is out on whether they are good or good enough. Brown is still a liability, Torrence is still young and learning, and the others are decent to good. They have no elite pieces on the line. The last couple of games Allen has been pressured often. Seems like the promising oline start is showing some of its weaknesses. 

In a nutshell, the Bills have Allen and Diggs offensively. Everyone else is just a dime a dozen. Can be interchangeable with numerous other players on other teams. They lack creativity, explosiveness, and consistency. 

On defense, the Bills have no game changers. Von is still a work in progress, Poyer and Hyde aren't the same, the pass rushers are not reliable, inconsistent and hot or cold from game to game. 

This team looks to be in survival mode rather than killer mode. The game tonight is a great example of this. I think this team is in serious jeopardy of losing the division and perhaps even a playoff birth.

The McD and Beane era is on the decline. A decline that many will deny. 

ok chicken little.... it is a long season.... Bills coming back from across the pond... thought the O line played well, Giants played zone all night, Bills need to learn how to beat the zone... still a win is a win... ugly as it was... win and move on.  You read too much into one game.

11 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

ok chicken little.... it is a long season.... Bills coming back from across the pond... thought the O line played well, Giants played zone all night, Bills need to learn how to beat the zone... still a win is a win... ugly as it was... win and move on.  You read too much into one game.

Ok know it all and classless poster. If you say so it must be true. 

Stop with the excuses they are getting old. Exactly what did I say in my post is inaccurate? You failed to address that. Instead you went to insults and condescending language. 

Grow up! 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok know it all and classless poster. If you say so it must be true. 

Stop with the excuses they are getting old. Exactly what did I say in my post is inaccurate? You failed to address that. Instead you went to insults and condescending language. 

Grow up! 

Lol your post of the sky is falling is inaccurate... because your conclusions have no perspective... if this went on for say 3-4 games maybe Id begin to wonder... absolutisms over 1 game... really lol

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Lol your post of the sky is falling is inaccurate... because your conclusions have no perspective... if this went on for say 3-4 games maybe Id begin to wonder... absolutisms over 1 game... really lol

Your interpretation is not accurate Francis. I'll just leave it at that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Ok with that game the affects of the London game should be over on the players. 

The Lag is over. Let’s see if that snaps the offense out of the funk. 

I did read a stat yesterday a team that comes back from London without a Bye hasn’t scored until later in the game (4th QTR). Not sure if the stat was a small sample size (just this year) or has included past over the pond games as well. 

either way this is a normal week for the team coming out. I expect sharp football next week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Kyle and freddy said:

NFL Points scored to date:

1. Dolphins 223

2. San Fran  183

3.  Bills       173

Point Differential:

1. San Fran 94

2. Bills        84

3. Dolphins 67

Yea …Let’s fire Bills coaching staff this morning … you people for real ? 

This is a really good post.  I wonder if Niners fans are also calling for their coaches after losing to the Browns in a similar game 

4 hours ago, NUT said:

The Dolphins just killed the Giants team the Bills barely beat. Stop the homerism.

And the Bills killed the Dolphins. As they say, "Any Given Sunday". A win is a win is a win. Do the Bills have things to work on...Absolutely. At the end of the day, they are 4-2 and have a good chance to be back in first place next Sunday. Dolphins at Eagles and the Bills at Patriots. Both the Eagles and Bills will be favored and should win. We will see next Sunday if they do.

My 14 year old grandson who has become a hard core member of the Mafia, and plays football, was kore vocal than ever at last night's game.

He looked at me with a look of mixed confusion and disgust and asked "what the heck"?

For the firt time in a long time I told him "I don't know". 

I don't want to hear anymore homerism, there is something seriously wrong with this offense and it starts with Dorsey AND Allen.  I don't care Allen is  "comfortable " with Dorsey, McDermott needs to fire him today. He doesn't game plan for crap, he doesn't properly use personnel.  Amd damn it...enough of Allen saying "I don't like that play" etc.  Get the hell out of your comfort zone amd let the OC ( hopefully a competent one) set up a game plan that works against opponents. 

Dabol told Martindale what Allen likes and goes to, and what makes him uncomfortable.  Thev

Jags figured it out last week.  EVERY team now has the blueprint and if we don't make a change, this team isn't going anywhere.

And before a Homer asks, turn it over to Joe Brady for the rest of the season and go from there.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Kyle and freddy said:

1. Dolphins 223

2. San Fran  183

3.  Bills       173

Point Differential:

1. San Fran 94

2. Bills        84

3. Dolphins 67

The time to do that was right after the Cinci as$ whipping. How many times do you need to see Dorsey and McD's incompetence? 

The team was unprepared, flat, and not ready to play. That's on the coaches.

The coaches had a terrible game plan vs Cincinnati. To this date, I still don't know what it was. A few weeks prior the Bills had a half quarter dress rehearsal with the Bengals. The Bengals offense was throttling the Bills D. You think the Bills coaches would have had some answers to slow down the Bengals. Try to do things a little different. Nope nope and nope. The coaches rolled out the same ineffective pathetic game plan that was ineffective weeks prior. Talk about incompetence. 

Add on that Lou A took Dorsey to the woodshed. Exotic blitzs and constant pressure on Allen. Low and behold they took Diggs out of the picture. You think that will happen again? You think that's a winning formula? What do the Bills coaches do to counter that defensive strategy? 

After 5 games we fans continue to see mediocrity and under achieved football from the Bills. We continue to see poor coaching and play designs that under utilized players and or don't put players in the best positions to succeed. This has been a pretty steady theme under the McD era. When is enough enough? 

Yet you still have fans pointing to relax it's just one game, OMG the sky is falling, travel too and from London was a factor, Daboll knows the Bills offense, injuries, and the Bills will figure it out. 

One NFL analyst recently said after the Miami win congratulated the Bills for being Super Bowl winners for the month of September. How true is that!  I didn't like the comment being a Bills fan. However, I really couldn't agree with the validity of the statement or its premise. 

Folks come playoff time what makes you think anything we be much different? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Kyle and freddy said:

1. Dolphins 223

2. San Fran  183

3.  Bills       173

Point Differential:

1. San Fran 94

2. Bills        84

3. Dolphins 67

Yes.  As I said in my post teams now have a blueprint against Allen going forward.  The Giants flat suck and should have beat us. More talented teams will.

Dorsey needs to go NOW.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The time to do that was right after the Cinci as$ whipping. How many times do you need to see Dorsey and McD's incompetence? 

The coaches had a terrible game plan vs Cincinnati. To this date, I still don't know what it was. A few weeks prior the Bills had a half quarter dress rehearsal with the Bengals. The Bengals offense was throttling the Bills D. You think the Bills coaches would have had some answers to slow down the Bengals. Try to do things a little different. Nope nope and nope. The coaches rolled out the same ineffective pathetic game plan that was ineffective weeks prior. Talk about incompetence. 

Add on that Lou A took Dorsey to the woodshed. Exotic blitzs and constant pressure on Allen. Low and behold they took Diggs out of the picture. You think that will happen again? You think that's a winning formula? What do the Bills coaches do to counter that defensive strategy? 

After 5 games we fans continue to see mediocrity and under achieved football from the Bills. We continue to see poor coaching and play designs that under utilized players and or don't put players in the best positions to succeed. This has been a pretty steady theme under the McD era. When is enough enough? 

Yet you still have fans pointing to relax it's just one game, OMG the sky is falling, travel too and from London was a factor, Daboll knows the Bills offense, injuries, and the Bills will figure it out. 

One NFL analyst recently said after the Miami win congratulated the Bills for being Super Bowl winners for the month of September. How true is that!  I didn't like the comment being a Bills fan. However, I really couldn't agree with the validity of the statement or its premise. 

LOL that makes no sense as we lost the opener and both Niners & Eagles were undefeated 

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

That was a 💩 throw by Josh, but hey, it’s Josh. All forgiven. 🙄

the throw wasn't good...but it hit Knox in the hands 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

If we make the playoffs. We play a lot better teams than the jags and Giants coming up.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

My 14 year old grandson who has become a hard core member of the Mafia, and plays football, was kore vocal than ever at last night's game.

He looked at me with a look of mixed confusion and disgust and asked "what the heck"?

For the firt time in a long time I told him "I don't know". 

I don't want to hear anymore homerism, there is something seriously wrong with this offense and it starts with Dorsey AND Allen.  I don't care Allen is  "comfortable " with Dorsey, McDermott needs to fire him today. He doesn't game plan for crap, he doesn't properly use personnel.  Amd damn it...enough of Allen saying "I don't like that play" etc.  Get the hell out of your comfort zone amd let the OC ( hopefully a competent one) set up a game plan that works against opponents. 

Dabol told Martindale what Allen likes and goes to, and what makes him uncomfortable.  Thev

Jags figured it out last week.  EVERY team now has the blueprint and if we don't make a change, this team isn't going anywhere.

And before a Homer asks, turn it over to Joe Brady for the rest of the season and go from there.

The team was traumatized after Harris went out in an ambulance. It triggered the Hamlin incident in their minds. They were unable to focus on football due to PTSD. 

Not sure why no one isn't talking about this. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The team was traumatized after Harris went out in an ambulance. It triggered the Hamlin incident in their minds. They were unable to focus on football due to PTSD. 

Not sure why no one isn't talking about this. 

This is certainly a fair point.....but I think Allen only had 1 incompletion in the 2nd half?  

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Your interpretation is not accurate Francis. I'll just leave it at that. 

Just tired of overall nabobs of negativisms for the Bills... the book is out on the offense... are there issues with adjustments sure... teams with de

cent pass rushing D lines play zone and clamp down down on the pass... Dorsey needs to find better solutions... running up the middle as boring as it is... was working.  Bills could use a back out of the backfield that can catch and run but with some of these hybrid linebackers even that may be tough.. overloading a zone... more screens... find a couple things that work and keep doing it til D wears down... adjustments are the name of the game and it looks like the Bills are working on figuring it out... til then it may be ugly but ill take the win and move on.

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.