49ers: the new nfl villains ?

Italian Bills

Honestly, the arrogance lately showed from some of their players, in primis Samuel and Kittle, is something that make me starting hate that team, maybe even more than KC or Cincy. 

They are playing great if not the best football (weak conference), but their attitude is becoming pretty annoying. They would deserve a good beat in the face. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

I still like them, although I'm envious we don't have a coach or offensive coordinator that can write a playbook that leans into it's talent.  When CMC got to SF, in barely a weeks time they redesigned their entire offense around him and he has been tearing up the league since.  Meanwhile we need to take 6 months just to get our new players "up to speed" and slow walk them into the rotation.  Their offense feels like it has a clear identity and it revolves around CMC.  ours is more like throwing things at a wall until something sticks.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They have the most arrogant coach in the league. The team reflects his personality. It is possibly the reason Kyle isn't Bills coach. The Pegulas interviewed him in the Rex Ryan process and hated him. 

Usually players act like their Coach show them and Shanahan has that type of way to be. 

I said it once again: how many times you saw MacClapplin furious at the refs against the plenty of bad calls we receive every game ? 

Look at Shanahan… he literally eats them ! 

The players aren’t indifferent at it. 

8 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Usually players act like their Coach show them and Shanahan has that type of way to be. 

I said it once again: how many times you saw MacClapplin furious at the refs against the plenty of bad calls we receive every game ? 

Look at Shanahan… he literally eats them ! 

The players aren’t indifferent at it. 

McDermott preaches accountability and has a “humbly fight through adversity” mindset. Sometimes I wish that he had that “us against the world” attitude that Zac Taylor and Kyle Shanahan have but that’s just not his personality. 

Edited by FrenchConnection

Honestly don't know why more teams don't try and copy their model.

They make the most expensive position in the NFL virtually irrelevant and can plug and play just about anyone and get good results. This gives them a huge competitive advantage because they can then use that boatload of money they are saving at QB and pay other players at different positions.

They talk about McDaniel revolutionizing offense but this is the actual team revolutionizing it.

How many QBs have they gone thru in the last 4 years as starters and they have made deep playoff runs every year.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

They make the most expensive position in the NFL virtually irrelevant and can plug and play just about anyone and get good results. This gives them a huge competitive advantage because they can then use that boatload of money they are saving at QB and pay other players at different positions.

They talk about McDaniel revolutionizing offense but this is the actual team revolutionizing it.

How many QBs have they gone thru in the last 4 years as starters and they have made deep playoff runs every year.

McDaniel came from SF and the Shanahan tree. He was their run game coordinator. Every team it seems is trying to copy them. Mcvay and Lafleur come from shanahan tree too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

Honestly, the arrogance lately showed from some of their players, in primis Samuel and Kittle, is something that make me starting hate that team, maybe even more than KC or Cincy. 

They are playing great if not the best football (weak conference), but their attitude is becoming pretty annoying. They would deserve a good beat in the face. 

Their conference isn't weak and and you sound like a scrooge. Don't mix confidence with arrogance and even if they were being arrogant, they have a right to be. They haven't lost a season game for a long while. They are the best team in the NFL and everybody knows it.

Oh and it's 49ers, not whatever you put. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

McDaniel came from SF and the Shanahan tree. He was their run game coordinator. Every team it seems is trying to copy them. Mcvay and Lafleur come from shanahan tree too. 

They might be trying but how many NFL teams can lose their starter who isn't a rookie or a middling QB and look the same or better with their backup?

Not many, if any.

In other words, if the Bills lost Allen each of the last 4 years like the 49ers have lost their starting QB, how many times do you think the Bills would have made the playoffs?

Edited by BillsUberAlles

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

People keep getting on me because I’ve been saying since the summer that they were going to win it all and that they’re going undefeated. I have an irrational hatred for them I guess. Glad to see others are jumping on board haha. 

Get ready though, this isn’t going to be their only ring over the next several years. They’re winning a few of them. Injuries is all that’s stopped them so far and all that can stop them now. They have HOF talent across the board and an INSANE amount of luck too. Every pass that should be picked off never is and every ball bounces their way. 

7 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

They might be trying but how many NFL teams can lose their starter who isn't a rookie or a middling QB and look the same or better with their backup?

Not many, if any.

In other words, if the Bills lost Allen each of the last 4 years like the 49ers have lost their starting QB, how many times do you think the Bills would have made the playoffs?

100% agree. You’re not going to hear me say any different. They are 1 of 1. The other 31 franchises are playing a different game altogether. You can try to copy them and their scheme, hence other teams hiring their coaches. But no one can duplicate this. I’ve never seen anything like it. Best roster in the league for sure but also an insane amount of luck too. Watch their games, literally every ball bounces their way. I watch their games and can say to myself several times  “well if josh had throw that, it’s picked off” or “if we tip that pass it’s falling to the ground”. Instead it’s an INT for their defense. They’ve also made a KILLING of the incompetence of the rest of the league. Getting Trent Williams (HOF and best LT in football) for a 5th and future 3rd. Getting CMC (future HOF and best RB in football) for pennies. Getting Boss at pick #2 when Arizona stupidly took Kyler Murray despite Boss being the best player in college for a while and a slam dunk pick. The Lance debacle would’ve sunk the other 31 teams but they got better. Imagine if they’d kept those 3 first rounders.

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They have the most arrogant coach in the league. The team reflects his personality. It is possibly the reason Kyle isn't Bills coach. The Pegulas interviewed him in the Rex Ryan process and hated him. 

And then they chose the even more arrogant but far, far less competent Wrex? FML

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Can't believe that McBeane didn't grab the greatest Carolina players in McCaffrey(tied with Kuechly), if we had Shanahan I'd be having my CMC jersey:cry: and probably Bosa and even Purdy as Josh's backup.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

I like the 49ers. I also believe they would have beaten the Eagles last year if Brock Purdy had not gotten injured. They're a good football team from top to bottom. They have multiple elite players on both sides of the football, especially at the skill positions. I don't have any issue with them talking because they have been backing it up with their play. Most of their players are likeable people too. McCaffrey. Purdy is a great story. Bosa. Warner. Deebo. Armstead. Aiyuk. Hargrave. Kittle. Juszczyk. Ward. Hufanga. Shanahan and Lynch have built an elite roster. The only time I would dislike them is if we shared the football field. The only way that could happen this year is in the Super Bowl. Then they would deserve "a good beat in the face" for the Bills to hoist that Lombardi. 

Edited by H2o
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

McDermott preaches accountability and has a “humbly fight through adversity” mindset. Sometimes I wish that he had that “us against the world” attitude that Zac Taylor and Kyle Shanahan have but that’s just not his personality. 

It’s easy to imagine Kyle developing an attitude since he’s in the same business as his father. I’m sure he’s been battling doubters the whole way. 

47 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Got the point bro ! 

30 minutes ago, jaybills said:

Their conference isn't weak and and you sound like a scrooge. Don't mix confidence with arrogance and even if they were being arrogant, they have a right to be. They haven't lost a season game for a long while. They are the best team in the NFL and everybody knows it.

Oh and it's 49ers, not whatever you put. 

Thanks for the correction my friend, probably people did’t get i was reffering ad the SAN FRANCISCO FORTYNINERS.

That said, even you are playing at an elite level, the best in the nfl, doesn’t mean you have to be an arrogant #######. 

31 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Not many, if any.

Copy their model of acquire superstars at  almost every position?

we’re trying 

31 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

People keep getting on me because I’ve been saying since the summer that they were going to win it all and that they’re going undefeated. I have an irrational hatred for them I guess. Glad to see others are jumping on board haha. 

Get ready though, this isn’t going to be their only ring over the next several years. They’re winning a few of them. Injuries is all that’s stopped them so far and all that can stop them now. They have HOF talent across the board and an INSANE amount of luck too. Every pass that should be picked off never is and every ball bounces their way. 

I hope you’ll miss badly your prediction  😄

19 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Can't believe that McBeane didn't grab the greatest Carolina players in McCaffrey(tied with Kuechly), if we had Shanahan I'd be having my CMC jersey:cry: and probably Bosa and even Purdy as Josh's backup.

100% right on CMC. Beane loves getting Carolina guys but can’t work out a deal for the best panther player and best weapon in the league?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

100% right on CMC. Beane loves getting Carolina guys but can’t work out a deal for the best panther player and best weapon in the league?

He had so many injuries in Carolina that it was a huge risk to trade for him. So far so good in SF but that could change at any time.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Are we pretending that pompous arse Sean Payton doesn't exist?😂😂

2 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Narrative. It can change weekly. Right now because he's playing out of his mind them trading for CMC is a genius move and everyone should have done it.

3 weeks from now if he's hurt again it will be "oh yeah, forgot he's made of styrofoam."

Very rarely do the teams that throttle everyone early in the year end up winning it all. They are playing well right now but it's a long season and the NFC is a lot tougher than most give it credit for. Let's see who is still healthy come December/January. 

• Vomit 1

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

I like the 49ers. I also believe they would have beaten the Eagles last year if Brock Purdy had not gotten injured. They're a good football team from top to bottom. They have multiple elite players on both sides of the football, especially at the skill positions. I don't have any issue with them talking because they have been backing it up with their play. Most of their players are likeable people too. McCaffrey. Purdy is a great story. Bosa. Warner. Deebo. Armstead. Aiyuk. Hargrave. Kittle. Juszczyk. Ward. Hufanga. Shanahan and Lynch have built an elite roster. The only time I would dislike them is if we shared the football field. The only way that could happen this year is in the Super Bowl. Then they would deserve "a good beat in the face" for the Bills to hoist that Lombardi. 

Problem is: can the Bills reach the SB ? 

Them very likely, we not so easy. 

• Agree 1

If this true, it's weird.  Rex Ryan isn't exactly humble.

I seriously question the Pegula's judgment if they selected Rex over Kyle Shanhan.  Obviously, it was an awful choice.  

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

If this true, it's weird.  Rex Ryan isn't exactly humble.

I seriously question the Pegula's judgment if they selected Rex over Kyle Shanhan.  Obviously, it was an awful choice.  

It is true. The Pegulas have not demonstrated they are good at recognising the right people to run their sports franchises. It is why I think they are so beholden to McDermott and Beane. It is the ONE time they have got good, competent leaders. People can question if they are the right people to deliver a championship, that is fair. But McDermott and Beane are clearly very competent and would both be snapped up in a park drive minute if the Bills moved on. 

And Terry would probably hire Nate Hackett and Dave Gettleman. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Any team trashing the Cowboys and then backing it up on the field is alright in my book.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

As i said, being cocky isn’t a good thing, never.

You might not like cocky, but being “a good thing” is a matter of perspective.  In this case, winning a Super Bowl is the only thing that matters.  Several cocky teams have won the Super Bowl 

• Agree 1

That worked out great!

And now Pegula is the the sole executive of the Bills...

• Haha (+1) 1

All teams that are not the Buffalo Bills are the enemy, and none of us should be wishing them good luck during their games, unless it directly benefits the Buffalo Bills. After all it’s America’s gladiator sport,  😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

Watching Mr. Irrelevant carving up defenses looking like Joe Montana is a treat to watch.

Purdy is looking for real, like the rest of the team.

Enjoy watching the 49’ers. Hope the Bills have to face them this year, then I won’t like ‘em.

31 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He had so many injuries in Carolina that it was a huge risk to trade for him. So far so good in SF but that could change at any time.

I think that was overblown though. A lot of that was on horrible Carolina teams where he wasn’t motivated to play. He’s got a prior relationship with the Shanahans and that’s a lot of why the deal was worked out. He’ll be fine. 

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You might not like cocky, but being “a good thing” is a matter of perspective.  In this case, winning a Super Bowl is the only thing that matters.  Several cocky teams have won the Super Bowl 

So true pal.

4 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Watching Mr. Irrelevant carving up defenses looking like Joe Montana is a treat to watch.

Purdy is looking for real, like the rest of the team.

Enjoy watching the 49’ers. Hope the Bills have to face them this year, then I won’t like ‘em.

If Mr Irrilevant is looking for real… like Montana..  how would Josh look in that team ? 

A mix of Montana, Marino, Kelly, Manning, Brady, etc etc etc ? 😄

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Most teams can't follow their model as they got lucky to land Purdy as before him they looked like they made a massive mistake in Lance. Toss in they got a MVP type player in CMC for a lot less then his value was. etc. Yet ideally yes you should build a strong overall defense and then a strong offensive line and can plug in a solid QB and win especially when have an all around talent like CMC but not an easy task to have everything come together but as good as they are they still haven't won a Super Bowl in close to 30 years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.