I love this community!

That's No Moon

Went to Kennett Brewfest in Kennett Square, PA today with a Sabres hat on. No less than 6 people came up to me with some version of "Mafia?" then struck up a conversation with me, a complete stranger. It's awesome. Anywhere I go. Anywhere. If I fly the flag someone will come up to me and make conversation based on a piece of apparel. It's great. LFG Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Went to Kennett Brewfest in Kennett Square, PA today with a Sabres hat on. No less than 6 people came up to me with some version of "Mafia?" then struck up a conversation with me, a complete stranger. It's awesome. Anywhere I go. Anywhere. If I fly the flag someone will come up to me and make conversation based on a piece of apparel. It's great. LFG Buffalo!

I got a "Go Bills!" at Trader Joe's in Cincinnati today. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, That's No Moon said:

We were in Washington DC last weekend, we were out checking the sights, and Bills Fan after Bills fan past us on the streets and subway, always the “Go Bills”  was exchanged, turns out they were all going to the “Bullpen” to watch the game, we basically stumbled onto the place, a few hundred of the Mafia were there, was a great time with a big bunch of friendly folk kicking back a few beers and high fives watching the fish get squished, great afternoon, we’re here we’re there we’re every fing where. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

We were in Washington DC last weekend, we were out checking the sights, and Bills Fan after Bills fan past us on the streets and subway, always the “Go Bills”  was exchanged, turns out they were all going to the “Bullpen” to watch the game, we basically stumbled onto the place, a few hundred of the Mafia were there, was a great time with a big bunch of friendly folk kicking back a few beers and high fives watching the fish get squished, great afternoon, we’re here we’re there we’re every fing where. 

GO BILLS!!!

Tons of us in the DMV...glad you had a good time

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I went to the "Big E" in West Springfield, Mass last week.  Saw a couple with Bills hats and shirts on.  I gave them a "go Bills!" and "squish the fish."  The woman looked at me and said "yes."  So I'm taking credit for the win.

• Haha (+1) 1

I was watching this crime show called, 'Accused, guilty or innocent' the other night. One story took place in Fort Meyers Florida and the criminal defense lawyer had a bunch of Bills memorabilia in his office. Had both the red and white helmets on his shelf. 

56 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Do they still have that wild game restaurant in Kennett Square? Had a kangaroo burger there before. 

Also the mushroom capital of the USA. 

21 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I live in Las Vegas.  Most every time I wear a Bills hat out I get into a conversation with a Bills fan or at least a "Go Bils"

The Bills Mafia is a close knit family

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

I was working out on Long Island this week, wearing my Bills hard hat.  Got a "Go Bills" from another contractor on site.  Turns out he's a Jets fan.  Simply put, I was shocked, he turned out to be a decent guy, probably mid-20's.  Not what I expected at all for being in that area of NY. 

• Like (+1) 1

My ex used to say to me, Dan why do you go up to anyone with a Bills/ Sabres apparel on and you strike up a conversation.  It’s odd as they always reciprocate.  My quick reply was always, that’s Buffalo.  We stick together.  I’m heading to the gym now, amd of course wearing my t shirt that has a Bison eating a dolphin with the obligatory Squish the Fish.  I guarantee several people will come up to me and give me the Go Bills.

Many of you know I live in Tampa.  There are a lot of Buffalo transplants in Tampa.  If they would’ve listed the blue laws here in honor of Buffalo (not), I’d head over to a place right by me called Mothers.  One of the two owners is from Buffalo, and has Beef on Weck, except they use prime rib for the meat.  It’s fantastic.

• Like (+1) 1

I was in Vegas for a saltwater fish convention.  Wife and I are big into our fish tanks. Guy near me says Go Bills and I gave it back. I always wear a Bills hat.  Have since I was a teenager. He came over and conversated for a while.  Turns out he is friends with Richie Incognito. I didn't believe him at first but I played along anyways.  Then he showed me pictures on his phone with them playing golf together and some other events.  Was pretty cool.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I live in Las Vegas.  Most every time I wear a Bills hat out I get into a conversation with a Bills fan or at least a "Go Bils"

Tge Bilks Mafia is a close knit family

Whenever I'm in Vegas, walking down the strip or hanging at the fountains results in multiple "Go Bills!"

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I was working out on Long Island this week, wearing my Bills hard hat.  Got a "Go Bills" from another contractor on site.  Turns out he's a Jets fan.  Simply put, I was shocked, he turned out to be a decent guy, probably mid-20's.  Not what I expected at all for being in that area of NY. 

This has happened to me twice in recent months: once in NYC (Jets fan) and again in Hampton Beach, NH (Pats fans). 

One Pats fan even ended our conversation saying he knew the Pats would suck and he hopes the Bills win it all. 

which one of you wiseguys was just harassing me in Rocket League on xbox after I laid down a 1-goal whooping lol?  this random person messaged me after I wouldn't rematch and threw in a "ofc go bills but 1v1 me" 

😭😭

d.PNG.d99077704c2a3d0ef62be20badad3c2b.PNG

Just now, Nineforty said:

which one of you wiseguys was just harassing me in Rocket League on xbox after I laid down a 1-goal whooping lol?  this random person messaged me after I wouldn't rematch and threw in a "ofc go bills but 1v1 me" 

😭😭

d.PNG.d99077704c2a3d0ef62be20badad3c2b.PNG

e.PNG.71569a497700a0aab27e22759b6a0b22.PNG

15 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

my entire generation left WNY in huge numbers in late 70's / early 80's ; now you have Bills fans everywhere, plus our kids are now adult fans as well. 

Erie County has something like half the base population it had 50 years ago, adjusted for internal growth.   That's a heck of a lot of out-migration Mafia spread out across the U.S. 

Went to the Bills/Redskins game two weeks ago and 1/4- 1/3 of the fans were Bills fans.  So we are everywhere

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Whenever I'm in Vegas, walking down the strip or hanging at the fountains results in multiple "Go Bills!"

There are alot of Bills fans relocated in Vegas as well as the many that visit Vegas.

Heartbreaking loss today, but not unexpected.

Why can't we match up well against Jacksonville?

21 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I live in SEPA, there's a bunch of us around. If you're up for the city, come hang at Tir Na Nog on game days.  I shout out to other Bills fans all the time.

23 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

wore my 17 jersey to a outdoor music festival in Va.  2 hugs (from women), at least 5 high 5's and multiple "GO BILLS yells.  One guy bought me a beer.  It''''s like instant friends.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.