10 years ago today…

DisplacedBillsFan

Thad Lewis was my guy for a month and a half. I was taking people head on hourly and willing to die on that hill. EJ was so horrible and I saw it week 3 of his career. I knew we had made a huge mistake and I just wanted it to be over. I was probably the first guy to get to the “anyone but EJ camp” and Thad Lewis was my vehicle. In the end I was right but i suffered some battle wounds trying to get that through to people. This is BBMB days btw lol not here yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Thad Lewis was my guy for a month and a half. I was taking people head on hourly and willing to die on that hill. EJ was so horrible and I saw it week 3 of his career. I knew we had made a huge mistake and I just wanted it to be over. I was probably the first guy to get to the “anyone but EJ camp” and Thad Lewis was my vehicle. In the end I was right but i suffered some battle wounds trying to get that through to people. This is BBMB days btw lol not here yet.

Let me get this straight.... you're claiming you were "right" about Thad Lewis?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Let me get this straight.... you're claiming you were "right" about Thad Lewis?

No, right about how bad EJ was. It was never about Thad Lewis. It was just about anyone else. And me seeing a nobody like Thad Lewis come in and run the offense better then our first round QB was the argument. We had the wrong guy and don’t waste another minute on him

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

I learned this week that he is the Qb coach for the Bucs

Wow. I had no idea.

20 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

From what I'm seeing, the 10-year anniversary of that game will be on the 20th: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2013.htm

Ah. You’re right. I suppose we’re close enough to still take this trip down memory (nightmare) lane.

• Agree 1

Honestly, Thad Lewis wasn’t bad. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No, right about how bad EJ was. It was never about Thad Lewis. It was just about anyone else. And me seeing a nobody like Thad Lewis come in and run the offense better then our first round QB was the argument. We had the wrong guy and don’t waste another minute on him

EJ wasn’t even that bad. He was given Nate Hackett, in his first nfl job, as an OC/QB coach, got hurt, and was constantly played with by Marrone. 

he wasn’t the guy but that idiot  coaching staff put on a clinic hiw not to develop a young qb.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ wasn’t even that bad. He was given Nate Hackett, in his first nfl job, as an OC/QB coach, got hurt, and was constantly played with by Marrone. 

he wasn’t the guy but that idiot  coaching staff put on a clinic hiw not to develop a young qb.

No he really was that bad. We are like a full 7 years clear of this so I’m good now but for old times sake 1 more lol he absolutely was every bit of that bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You were not right about Thad though....

Was a fun game though that one. I remember it well.

4 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I remember being so pumped about Thad Lewis starting vs the Bengals for his first start. We were so bad at QB for so many years we were looking for any glimmer of hope. 

I was at that game. He threw a beautiful long TD pass to Marquise Goodwin that I believe tied the game and forced OT. I'll never forget the little kid that was sitting in front of us. He turned around to high five my brother. My brother grabbed him and lifted him up over his head so he could high five the people behind us. 🤣

I look back fondly now.  Ralphs final years were rough, and he and his team positioned the bills to be viable and be kept here and sold.  

It wasn't about winning it all, it always about keeping what was built where it belongs. 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

If there was a "homer test," I'd get an A+ every time.

I was sure we found a gem in Thad Lewis.

And Losman!  I remember being laughed at by a friend who was a Steelers fan when we would talk ***** and I would be hopelessly optimistic 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No, I think the honor for a bills player taught now not to develop a young QB was JP Losman.

5 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Thad Lewis was 21/32 for 202 yards with an interception and he fumbled twice, while adding 13 yards on 5 carries. 

Bills rode a Robey-Coleman pick 6 and three Dan Carpenter FGs to a 23-21 win over a Ryan Tannehill led Dolphins squad.

I really just want to say… my, how far we’ve come!

We have,  IMO, the best QB in the game or argued top 3. Two long time posters were comparing Allen to Wentz.

It's interesting, because instead of enjoying what might be our best  approx. 15 years of football, certainly since the drought,  some can't see it.

Edited by White Linen

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

No, I think the honor for a bills player taught now not to develop a young QB was JP Losman.

Yeah, JP wasn't groomed into the role very well. I don't think he'd have turned into a superstar, but with a better coaching staff, he may have become a serviceable NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

We have,  IMO, the best QB in the game or argued top 3. Two long time posters were comparing Allen to Wentz.

It's interesting, because instead of enjoying what might be our best  approx. 15 years of football, certainly since the drought,  some can't see it.

Completely agree. After a decade plus of hopelessness, there’s way to much overreacting to bad games here and there. Very unlikely anyone goes undefeated in the regular season ever again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.