Bills Can Go For a Nice Run — Jags, NYG, @Pats, Bucs, @Bengals, Broncos & Jets

HIT BY SPIKES

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Jags next week is the toughest game. They have already been over here a week will be acclimatised. Bills only travel over late in the week. I am worried that will give them an advantage. Even though we are the better team. Get through next Sunday unscathed we are set for a nice little run through to the Eagles game.

How many days does it take to completely acclimate? Maybe the Jags don't have a great week of practice as their team deals with jetlag for a few days? Not sure.

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

One game at a time, people, and you better be ready to play every game.

One game, one week at a time, people, one game at a time!

I'm fairly certain that no one on TSW will be playing in any of the upcoming games, so why your obsession with "one game at a time"? 

Jags next week is the toughest game. They have already been over here a week will be acclimatised. Bills only travel over late in the week. I am worried that will give them an advantage. Even though we are the better team. Get through next Sunday unscathed we are set for a nice little run through to the Eagles game.

How many days does it take to completely acclimate? Maybe the Jags don't have a great week of practice as their team deals with jetlag for a few days? Not sure.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

The Jags have already been here a week. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I'm fairly certain that no one on TSW will be playing in any of the upcoming games, so why your obsession with "one game at a time"? 

That's what you think. I'm expecting a call up for Sunday. Taking my cleats to the stadium just in case.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hope so. But having done the US to UK flight a fair few times in my life the jetlag is a killer. I'm sure the Bills have a plan but I'd rather be in Jacksonville's position of having been here for 2 weeks. I do think the Bills should win but I expect an ugly, scrappy kind of game. It is our hardest game until Philly IMO. 

Agree, Bill.  Traveling West to East for more than a couple of hours is tough.  And the body clock isn't primed to play that early when you aren't accustomed to it.  I'm worried about it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

They came a week before their game yesterday?

I thought they came Tuesday (they have in previous years) but turns out not. They only travelled Thursday and arrived Friday. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Who are we going to cut?

Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Agree, Bill.  Traveling West to East for more than a couple of hours is tough.  And the body clock isn't primed to play that early when you aren't accustomed to it.  I'm worried about it.

It's not to be underestimated and it's more than just your body not being ready to play the game early in the morning...it takes a long time for your body to adjust to a 5-hour time difference...according to US military guidelines, it takes your body a day to recover for each hour of time zone difference.  I've flown to the UK to play rugby several times and and played a day or two after arriving.  It's really difficult and the fact that Jax will have been in the UK for more than a week gives them a distinct advantage.  

• Agree 2

Its a long business trip Gunner.  We aren't going across the pond until Friday.  We have a lot of veterans.  This team will be prepared.  I see Lawrence going down hard.  Bills win going away 34-17.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hope so. But having done the US to UK flight a fair few times in my life the jetlag is a killer. I'm sure the Bills have a plan but I'd rather be in Jacksonville's position of having been here for 2 weeks. I do think the Bills should win but I expect an ugly, scrappy kind of game. It is our hardest game until Philly IMO. 

I don't understand the jetlag thing. Granted, I've only done it once, but I felt perfectly normal

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We  rushed Washington and Washington took the Eagles to OT. The Eagles don't look as scary.

The transitive property doesn't work in the NFL. WAS-PHI was a division game, Washington played well because they played terribly last week, Philadelphia probably wasn't on their stuff as well as they should have been for the same reason, etc. It's a week-to-week and matchup league, period.

43 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Its a long business trip Gunner.  We aren't going across the pond until Friday.  We have a lot of veterans.  This team will be prepared.  I see Lawrence going down hard.  Bills win going away 34-17.

I know but the jetlag is real. Take it from someone who lives this side of the pond and has done that journey plenty. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Don’t want to count my chickens before I oven roast them however we have a very doable schedule until we play @Eagles, BYE and @Chiefs.

The Bucs game is in Buffalo.

The Bengals look vulnerable.

The rest of those 7 games we should be favoured by 7+ points.

Would love to go into our BYE week 11-1 or 10-2.

Barring major injuries, there isn't a game left on our schedule where we won't be the favorites, including the Eagles.  Don't get me wrong, Eagles are a good team, but I think we are playing better and are the better overall team.  

The only team in the NFL where I feel like I don't know how we would fare and would have some concerns about the matchup would be against my wifes beloved 49ers, and something tells me our two teams are on a course to meet head to head in the Super Bowl.  

McCaffrey I think is legitimately in the MVP conversation with Allen and Purdy is playing at a top 5 QB level right now.  Detractors can say its only because of the system he is in and that he is a system QB all they want...the bottom line is that doesn't matter when you line up against the Niners because he is playing in that system when he does and he is executing their game plan as good as any QB in the NFL is with their respective teams.  

I think the two best teams in the NFL are clear:  Niners and Buffalo right now (Chris Berman will be proud).  Things can change as the season goes on obviously, but today they are the two best teams, and since they don't play each other in the regular season, any other team Buffalo will face this regular season I expect we will be the Vegas betting favorites...including KC, Eagles, Dallas, Cincy, and Miami.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm not worried about the Eagles either.  Yeah, they are undefeated but they haven't really played anybody and looked like crap for most of those games.

This isn't college though. NFL teams are almost always capable of putting up really good fights regardless of opponent. And the transitive doesn't really work either. 

I think the Eagles match up with the Bills offense quite well

2 hours ago, MJS said:

The Jags played in London yesterday.  I'm sure they were there several days before that.  They will just stay in London.  The rule of thumb for jet lag is one day recovery time for every hour of change.  Jet lag will not be an issue for the Jags at all.  If Buffalo heads over today they should be pretty well recovered from Jet lag for the game.  Buffalo is technically the home team versus the Jags, but the Jags are far more familiar with playing in London than is Buffalo, albeit at a different stadium.  Basically, it's the leagues way of taking Buffalo's extra home game this season and turning it into an away game

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

The Jags played in London yesterday.  I'm sure they were there several days before that.  They will just stay in London.  The rule of thumb for jet lag is one day recovery time for every hour of change.  Jet lag will not be an issue for the Jags at all.  If Buffalo heads over today they should be pretty well recovered from Jet lag for the game.  Buffalo is technically the home team versus the Jags, but the Jags are far more familiar with playing in London than is Buffalo, albeit at a different stadium.  Basically, it's the leagues way of taking Buffalo's extra home game this season and turning it into an away game

The Jags got there Friday. Since it is 5 hours of difference I guess they won't be fully recovered till tomorrow, if your rule is correct.

The Bills don't fly to London until later in the week. I think they want to have as normal of a practice week as possible.

Teams either try to get to London as early as possible or as late as possible, it seems. I don't think there is consensus on which approach is better.

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Jags got there Friday. Since it is 5 hours of difference I guess they won't be fully recovered till tomorrow, if your rule is correct.

The Bills don't fly to London until later in the week. I think they want to have as normal of a practice week as possible.

Teams either try to get to London as early as possible or as late as possible, it seems. I don't think there is consensus on which approach is better.

What Buffalo can do is keep a schedule that is close to what they would do at home, continue to live as if they are in the Easter Time Zone or change by just a couple hours.  Start early in the week by suggesting team members get up and go to bed a couple hours earlier.    Then when they go to London, they can just shift a couple more hours and they'll be pretty well adjusted by game time.  

2 hours ago, appoo said:

This isn't college though. NFL teams are almost always capable of putting up really good fights regardless of opponent. And the transitive doesn't really work either. 

I think the Eagles match up with the Bills offense quite well

They don't look like the same dominant team they did last season.  They didn't play in college last season either.

12 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Don’t want to count my chickens before I oven roast them however we have a very doable schedule until we play @Eagles, BYE and @Chiefs.

Haven’t this fanbase learned anything from the last few years? Let’s slow it down with the counting wins before they happen. One week at a time. Any team can be beaten by any other team in this league. I hope the media lay off on Bills hype but I think it’s already happening based on all the football shows today. 

12 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

But we can beat the eagles and chefs….

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I expect the Bengals to turn it around by then.  Burrow's injury shouldn't linger that long.

With that being said, there isn't a single game we aren't more than capable of winning.  But we did lose to the Jets.  We also found a way to crap the bed in Jax two years back.  Expect the worse, prepare for the best. 

Burrow has been getting MURDERED behind that OL

He may actually get worse

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.