2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im not suggesting he is under pressure all the time.  The line has played great most of the season.  Certain games and certain situations where it's jail break though. Hell the one pass he completed to Shakir in the clutch was a 3 man jail break off the snap.

The dude caught the ball in stride. You can't show still frames for this. Show the actual clip. Just because the DB caught up a half yard over 5 or 6 yards distance doesn't mean Kincaid slowed down.

If he caught the ball in stride, he would have caught it facing the endzone he was running towards, not his QB in the opposite direction. Watch the actual clip in real time if you think frame by frame is misleading. If Kincaid catches the ball over his shoulder, It's a guaranteed TD. He couldn't and it wasn't. Underthrown.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Disagree 1

Just me, but I think of all these media popularity contests and accolades as distractions.

Look at Dak riding high as a media darling and then the Boys get stomped and show they can't play well outside their dome and the media is tripping over themselves trying to shovel dirt on his MVP grave.

Win as a team, lose as a team and let the accolades fall where they may.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

If he caught the ball in stride, he would have caught it facing the endzone he was running towards, not his QB in the opposite direction. Watch the actual clip in real time if you think frame by frame is misleading. If Kincaid catches the ball over his shoulder, It's a guaranteed TD. He couldn't and it wasn't. Underthrown.

I dont give a crap if he turned toward the sideline, not the QB actually, and caught the ball.  He didn't slow down. In fact the DB still didnt catch him till 15 fricken yards later and still caught his shoe on a dive.  Here is the clip since you couldn't bother to post it...

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Gotcha, and I do agree that he is not a serious MVP candidate this year.  Too many losses where the offense didn't play well against bad teams (Jets, Pats, Denver, etc)...too many close calls against bad teams we did win but the offense struggled (Giants, Chargers, Pats, etc).  Now had Josh had stellar games against Pats and Chargers, he would probably have a punchers chance with a huge game against Miami.  

But we beat Dallas with Josh only attempting 15 passes (completing 7) then offensively struggled against Chargers and especially the Patriots where Josh accumulated some TD's, but the offense as a whole was not very efficient.  Pats game was one of the worst games I have seen from Josh since he was a rookie...maybe even the worst.  He was just off target all game and out of sync on a day where Lamar was putting up 5 TD's against the #2 seed in the AFC in Miami.  

Love Josh, and I do think he is a top 5 MVP finalist, but just not the type of season with too many down games against bad teams and turnovers for him to over take Lamar at this point.

I think this was the take most of us had, but apparently the passing game struggles Sunday should really go more on the OL and WRs.

Watch/listen to the first half of Joe Marino's All-22 analysis of the Pats game. And keep in mind that Marino has been incredibly critical of JA17 recently.

He attributes 4 or 5 passing play struggles to Allen and the rest to the OL (specifically the Interior OL... he said Dawkins and Brown were studs) and to the WRs.

One of the interesting parts was his analysis of Josh's interception. He puts the blame of that interception squarely on Sherfield's shoulders because he ran an incredibly lazy route. If Sherfield looked like he was really anticipating a pass and running that route full effort and speed, Austin never would have separated. But since it was obvious to Austin based on the way the route was run that Sherfield never was getting the ball, Austin sprinted towards the other route.

And before anyone puts the onus on Josh for dialing in strictly to Kincaid, Marino also points out that Kincaid was the correct read because the Safety started following Sherfield. If he didn't, Sherfield would have been the correct read.

Sounds like the passing game is close despite not looking like it.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Wait... of all the plays on Sunday, you're trying to criticize the one big passing play the team had on an absolutely perfect pass from Josh????

giphy.gif

Wait... let's check the tape again...

40 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

giphy.gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh didn't even make it as an alternate for the probowl. MVP talk has been ridiculous for a while now. His stats have overrated his overall play this season imo. Too many close games lost where he just didn't have it for long stretches. 

• Agree 1

@transplantbillsfan Still making excuses for Allen when he has bad games. 🤦 

Allen is very good. i would not trade him for any other QB right now.  He’s not the MVP this year sorry. His TD numbers and offensive production % are outstanding and push him into consideration yes, but that is absolutely not what “MVP” voters look at. It’s a glorified “QB on the best team” award. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Josh didn't even make it as an alternate for the probowl. MVP talk has been ridiculous for a while now. His stats have overrated his overall play this season imo. Too many close games lost where he just didn't have it for long stretches. 

So you're blaming Allen for the D blowing three games where the Bills had the lead with less then 2 m9nutes to go? 

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So you're blaming Allen for the D blowing three games where the Bills had the lead with less then 2 m9nutes to go? 

This is about whether or not Josh deserved MVP, not who didn't do their job at the end of the game.

We scored 16 vs. Jets, 20 vs. Jags, 18 vs. Bengals, 22 vs. Broncos...we almost lost that stupid Chargers game. We probably should've lost to the Chiefs and Giants given our lack of offensive punch.

The total TD thing is a little misleading too. We started out the season not wanting to subject Josh to so many plays where he might get crushed on designed runs, leading to stingers, etc., which could've jeapardized our season last game. Thankfully not. Then Damien Harris went down and it eventually became obvious we needed to change up some things. It's not like Josh scored 15 rushing TDs from 20 yards out. Mots of those were inside the 5 because Cook is small and Murray is cooked. 

He's still a great player and easily one of the best in the L, but this isn't what an MVP season looks like imo. If anything, I think our defense deserves more credit given all the injuries.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

If you would have told me 5 weeks ago that Allen could win his final 5 games, taking the Bills from 6-6 and the 11 seed in the AFC standings to beating the Dolphins in prime time for the division title and the 2 seed for all to see and have the exact same stats he has now and let's say three more TD's this Sunday to put him at 45 on the season I would have thought there was no way he would not win MVP. I do guarantee we will hear MVP chatter if the Bills win the Division and Allen has 3+ TD's doing so. But it will just be chatter and Allen will get a vote or two. Obviously, the more TD's he can put up the louder the chatter. But at this point it would take a 5 or 6 TD performance to really make it a close vote. Not impossible given the Bills track record with Miami.

I didn't really see the Ravens beating the 49ers, and let's face it, that game was all about the Ravens defense totally dominating Purdy and the Ravens offense. Jackson didn't screw things up in that game and he was efficient but he wasn't at all the reason they won the game.  I mean Allen's game against the Eagles in a losing effort was 10x more impressive than Lamar's in the winning effort against the 49ers. 

The award is SOOOO much about winning it really makes me wonder where Allen would stand in the MVP talk if the Eagles kicker simply misses a 59 yard FG in the rain. That one win behind an epic performance would have really carried what could be a six game winning streak for the division title instead of a 5. Add to that, Bills beat the Broncos with 11 men on the field and it's not even a contest. Allen wins going away with a 13-4 record and a division title, even if the Ravens still finish a game better. 

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Allen is very good. i would not trade him for any other QB right now.  He’s not the MVP this year sorry. His TD numbers and offensive production % are outstanding and push him into consideration yes, but that is absolutely not what “MVP” voters look at. It’s a glorified “QB on the best team” award. 

I agree. Winning is such a significant ingredient for a QB's MVP case. That's why I thought the Bills going from 6-6 and the 11 seed to 11-6 and the 2 seed in a year where no QB's were really standing out and everyone wanted to say "yet but" to Purdy's efficiency, would really put Allen in the conversation.

I'm curious how the all-pro vote goes. To me, Purdy and Dak are far more deserving of first and second team All-Pro. That is the award IMO that is strictly more about stats then wins. Typically, the QB MVP also wins first team all-pro, but it is also typical that the QB MVP is clearly just as good stat wise as any other QB in the running. That's just not the case this year with Lamar clearly behind Dak and Purdy. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

Pretty sure he's first alternate along with Diggs?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1qLybbrOoz/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Does anybody else find the Ravens fan argument of “if you watched games, then you would get it” as a hand wavy excuse for Jackson’s middle-of-road stats utterly unconvincing?

Like what exactly has he done to be more impressive than Allen or even Prescott? Once a narrative gets rolling, forget about it. That momentum is impossible to stop.

4 hours ago, VW82 said:

Are you saying the probowl matters???? :huh:

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

You talk out of several sides of your mouth throughout this post...

sooo...

are you actually saying you think Allen should be the MVP??? That's what it sounds like.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:55 PM, hondo in seattle said:

According to the Madden simulation run by ClutchPoints (see below), Allen will pass for 400 yards against the Fins in a victory.   

It wouldn't be enough.  The narrative all year has been that Allen is a turnover machine.  One good game won't erase that impression.

Madden 24 Simulates – Bills 37 – Dolphins 28

TEAM       Quarter 1     Quarter 2    Quarter 3    Quarter 4    FINAL

Bills          10                 17                7                   3                  37

Dolphins  0                   7                  7                   14                28

Josh Allen exploded with 4 TDs and 400 total yards of offense. Additionally, he turned over the ball zero times to help Buffalo dominate Miami.

While the Dolphins outscored Buffalo 21-10 in the second half, their attempts fell flat as Buffalo built too big of a lead early on. Down 34-14 in the fourth, the Dolphins lost their grip on the No. 2 seed. Now, they drop down to the sixth.

Buffalo claims the No. 2 seed, hosting Indianapolis in the Wild Card round.

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/madden-24-simulates-nfl-week-18-predictions-bills-win-division/ar-AA1mmxxl

I’m curious to see turnover worthy throws…I don’t think Josh has had an INT dropped all year lol. All around the league I see supposedly great qbs hit defenders right in the numbers with footballs and they drop them it’s insane 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, VW82 said:

The total TD thing is a little misleading too. We started out the season not wanting to subject Josh to so many plays where he might get crushed on designed runs, leading to stingers, etc., which could've jeapardized our season last game. Thankfully not. Then Damien Harris went down and it eventually became obvious we needed to change up some things. It's not like Josh scored 15 rushing TDs from 20 yards out. Mots of those were inside the 5 because Cook is small and Murray is cooked. 

On Josh’s 15 rushing TDs, he scores from an average of 6 yards out. It’s pretty much a 50/50 split from inside the 5 and outside the 5. This isn’t Jalen Hurts getting carried in by his teammates 11 times from the 1 yard line. 

As for Damien Harris being the catalyst for Josh’s “misleading” TD numbers inside the 5… no. He has 8 from inside the 5 yard line and 5 of those have come the last 3 weeks… Damien Harris last played on 10/15. 

The last 3 weeks have been *must win* all that says to me is with our backs against the wall we want the ball in the hands of our best player. 

Edited by JGMcD2

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think this was the take most of us had, but apparently the passing game struggles Sunday should really go more on the OL and WRs.

Watch/listen to the first half of Joe Marino's All-22 analysis of the Pats game. And keep in mind that Marino has been incredibly critical of JA17 recently.

He attributes 4 or 5 passing play struggles to Allen and the rest to the OL (specifically the Interior OL... he said Dawkins and Brown were studs) and to the WRs.

One of the interesting parts was his analysis of Josh's interception. He puts the blame of that interception squarely on Sherfield's shoulders because he ran an incredibly lazy route. If Sherfield looked like he was really anticipating a pass and running that route full effort and speed, Austin never would have separated. But since it was obvious to Austin based on the way the route was run that Sherfield never was getting the ball, Austin sprinted towards the other route.

And before anyone puts the onus on Josh for dialing in strictly to Kincaid, Marino also points out that Kincaid was the correct read because the Safety started following Sherfield. If he didn't, Sherfield would have been the correct read.

Sounds like the passing game is close despite not looking like it.

Nobody who votes for the MVP is gonna watch this.  All they see is Josh 50% completions, under 200 yards and a narrow win against a bad team that also already beat us earlier this year.  They will see 4 turnovers that the offense only managed 13 points on.  

That’s the issue, no one is going to look into reasons outside of Allen for pass game struggles.  

So he has no chance to unseat Lamar, especially with Lamar sitting this week, because Allen and the offense is coming off 2 dud games against 2 bad teams where the last time they saw Lamar he and the Ravens destroyed the 2 seed in the AFC after destroying what everyone felt was the best team in the NFL with the Niners.

So doesn’t matter if Josh throws 10 TDs this week, he isn’t going to unseat Lamar at this point in the voters eyes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait... of all the plays on Sunday, you're trying to criticize the one big passing play the team had on an absolutely perfect pass from Josh????

giphy.gif

Wait... let's check the tape again...

giphy.gif

Well, it was a putrid day for Josh, so criticizing his "best" play really shouldn't be off the table. It was also just one of three plays criticized, but I like how everyone has cherry picked that one play to focus on and not the two throws he completely missed.

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nobody who votes for the MVP is gonna watch this.  All they see is Josh 50% completions, under 200 yards and a narrow win against a bad team that also already beat us earlier this year.  They will see 4 turnovers that the offense only managed 13 points on.  

That’s the issue, no one is going to look into reasons outside of Allen for pass game struggles.  

So he has no chance to unseat Lamar, especially with Lamar sitting this week, because Allen and the offense is coming off 2 dud games against 2 bad teams where the last time they saw Lamar he and the Ravens destroyed the 2 seed in the AFC after destroying what everyone felt was the best team in the NFL with the Niners.

So doesn’t matter if Josh throws 10 TDs this week, he isn’t going to unseat Lamar at this point in the voters eyes.  

I was really posting that in the context of people like @BullBuchanan who are flipping out about Allen's play on Sunday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That ain’t wrong but it is kind of sad…the NE defense we saw Sunday was significantly better than the Miami defense missing Howard,Chubb,Phillips,baker, and Ramsey playing hurt that Baltimore saw 

of course we get two games to light up that Miami defense though haha so it evens out 

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I was really posting that in the context of people like @BullBuchanan who are flipping out about Allen's play on Sunday.

Oh gotcha, I thought you meant it as a defense to why Allen might win MVP, so my first thought is none of the voters are gonna look past the surface level when it comes to their vote.  But I get why you posted it now

59 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That ain’t wrong but it is kind of sad…the NE defense we saw Sunday was significantly better than the Miami defense missing Howard,Chubb,Phillips,baker, and Ramsey playing hurt that Baltimore saw 

of course we get two games to light up that Miami defense though haha so it evens out 

Stop. Since Ramsey came back, Miami had one of the best defenses in the nfl. Chubb got hurt with like 3 minutes left and the game was over for quarter’s before (that’s why it’s so dumb he was out there at that point). 

I get being a homer but some of you just make up things. Lamar was dominant against a defense that had been really good, 

• Agree 3

58 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Honestly, I think Lamar won it when the Ravens dismantled the team everyone thought was the heavy favorite for the Super Bowl winner in SF.  Then smashing the #2 seed in the AFC in an encore I think was the nail in the coffin on anyone elses bid for the MVP.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Does anybody else find the Ravens fan argument of “if you watched games, then you would get it” as a hand wavy excuse for Jackson’s middle-of-road stats utterly unconvincing?

Like what exactly has he done to be more impressive than Allen or even Prescott? Once a narrative gets rolling, forget about it. That momentum is impossible to stop.

Um, we would be making the same one if our offense jumped on teams and had games finished by halftime like they have in 90% of their games this year. 

they are murdering teams from the opening whistle and don’t have to try to rally or stat pad. I would have love to have Allen have as efficient of a season as Lamar just had because we were taking care of business from the start of the game. 

Allen has as many MVP moments in a game as any qb. But to act like he and the offense hasn’t been maddenly inconsistent is delusional.  

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

But to be honest...I do think that against the Pats that was one of the worst days I have seen Josh in terms of accuracy and throwing the ball since his rookie year.  

I also am wondering if there is something wrong with his throwing shoulder because he is coming up short or late on a lot of throws this season that he normally isn't.  I know there is twitter fool saying there is a shoulder injury since the first quarter of week 1, and hard to say if its true or not, but I do have to say his arm doesn't look as strong as it has in the past when he was scrambling and throwing on the run.  He used to just flick it a mile downfield and now he just seems way short a lot.  He obviously still has plenty of velocity, but I feel like something is impacting Josh's ability to make the harder throws that few can make, and many only he can make.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly, I think Lamar won it when the Ravens dismantled the team everyone thought was the heavy favorite for the Super Bowl winner in SF.  Then smashing the #2 seed in the AFC in an encore I think was the nail in the coffin on anyone elses bid for the MVP.  

I know you are one of the biggest Allen guys on this board so thank you for the reasonable outlook. 

Allen now from what he was his rookie year is a startling growth. The next step, and there are a bunch of reasons why, is to be more consistent. He can have less tds next year and be a much better player (and potentially MVP). 

• Agree 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know you are one of the biggest Allen guys on this board so thank you for the reasonable outlook. 

Allen now from what he was his rookie year is a startling growth. The next step, and there are a bunch of reasons why, is to be more consistent. He can have less tds next year and be a much better player (and potentially MVP). 

Not afraid to admit I love Allen, but I am also not delusional about him either.  I just posted above that this whole season I have seen a substantially higher number of passes coming up short or late that resulted in incompletions to open guys or even INT's.  Many of those when he is making those higher degree of difficulty throws he has previously made look easy.  

So I actually think this report about his shoulder being hurt week 1 and playing through it might have some validity to it.  With an arm like his, he still has plenty of velocity, but I think he looks human this year on these throws where few or only Josh can make with ease in the past.  

I have also noticed a significant increase in laser fast balls on shorter easier throws where its not as necessary and that are harder to catch and have resulted in drops or tipped ball interceptions.  While at first glance that seems contradictory to the shoulder may be hurt theory, but I think it actually enforces it as it feels like Josh is over compensating at times on these shorter throws because he hasn't the same juice on other more difficult throws he is used to and generally having to try and throw it harder than he has had to in the past.

Allen has an MVP case statistically between his combined total yards and total TD's.  But the unbiased person will say the Bills have losses against Jets, Pats, Broncos, Jags, and Bengals because Josh and the offense din't play very well.  Then you add in close wins where the offense didn't play well with Giants, Chargers, Pats 2nd game and you have half the season (8 games) where Allen and the offense didn't play like Allen was an MVP.  

Difficult to win MVP when the offense he is leading has played below capabilities in half the season to the point where our playoff spot is still in jeopardy in the final week of the season.  Not to mention the Eagles loss while a good one overall for Allen and the offense, we still had a bad Allen INT lead to the Bills losing control of a game they still could have one, but ultimately lost.

Allen is my favorite player to watch play now of all time (previously that was Barry Sanders)...I will make an MVP bet on him every preseason because he will likely be in the convo every year of his career barring injury.  I think he will win one at some point and I think he will win a SB at some point as well where is the SB MVP.  But I am not gonna make a case for him to be MVP when he legitimately shouldn't be MVP.  Even with my bet in limbo, I couldn't consciously vote for Allen even if he throws 10 TD's against Miami.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not afraid to admit I love Allen, but I am also not delusional about him either.  I just posted above that this whole season I have seen a substantially higher number of passes coming up short or late that resulted in incompletions to open guys or even INT's.  Many of those when he is making those higher degree of difficulty throws he has previously made look easy.  

So I actually think this report about his shoulder being hurt week 1 and playing through it might have some validity to it.  With an arm like his, he still has plenty of velocity, but I think he looks human this year on these throws where few or only Josh can make with ease in the past.  

I have also noticed a significant increase in laser fast balls on shorter easier throws where its not as necessary and that are harder to catch and have resulted in drops or tipped ball interceptions.  While at first glance that seems contradictory to the shoulder may be hurt theory, but I think it actually enforces it as it feels like Josh is over compensating at times on these shorter throws because he hasn't the same juice on other more difficult throws he is used to and generally having to try and throw it harder than he has had to in the past.

Allen has an MVP case statistically between his combined total yards and total TD's.  But the unbiased person will say the Bills have losses against Jets, Pats, Broncos, Jags, and Bengals because Josh and the offense din't play very well.  Then you add in close wins where the offense didn't play well with Giants, Chargers, Pats 2nd game and you have half the season (8 games) where Allen and the offense didn't play like Allen was an MVP.  

Difficult to win MVP when the offense he is leading has played below capabilities in half the season to the point where our playoff spot is still in jeopardy in the final week of the season.  Not to mention the Eagles loss while a good one overall for Allen and the offense, we still had a bad Allen INT lead to the Bills losing control of a game they still could have one, but ultimately lost.

Allen is my favorite player to watch play now of all time (previously that was Barry Sanders)...I will make an MVP bet on him every preseason because he will likely be in the convo every year of his career barring injury.  I think he will win one at some point and I think he will win a SB at some point as well where is the SB MVP.  But I am not gonna make a case for him to be MVP when he legitimately shouldn't be MVP.  Even with my bet in limbo, I couldn't consciously vote for Allen even if he throws 10 TD's against Miami.  

Agree with everything you have said. The way I'd sum it up in a sentence is: 

We have been used to 'Josh Allen Experience' games in the past but this has been a 'Josh Allen Experience' season.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

On Josh’s 15 rushing TDs, he scores from an average of 6 yards out. It’s pretty much a 50/50 split from inside the 5 and outside the 5. This isn’t Jalen Hurts getting carried in by his teammates 11 times from the 1 yard line. 

As for Damien Harris being the catalyst for Josh’s “misleading” TD numbers inside the 5… no. He has 8 from inside the 5 yard line and 5 of those have come the last 3 weeks… Damien Harris last played on 10/15. 

The last 3 weeks have been *must win* all that says to me is with our backs against the wall we want the ball in the hands of our best player. 

If this was any other team, a big RB/FB would be getting those carries. We're using Josh because we have no choice. I guess you could say that helps make his MVP case but I think it's goosed his TD numbers. He shouldn't get MVP because we're using him as our lead RB inside five yards. 

3 minutes ago, VW82 said:

If this was any other team, a big RB/FB would be getting those carries. We're using Josh because we have no choice. I guess you could say that helps make his MVP case but I think it's goosed his TD numbers. He shouldn't get MVP because we're using him as our lead RB inside five yards. 

But Cam Newton was allowed to be MVP for the exact same reason? Jalen Hurts was the runner up last year and favorite for most of this year for the exact same reason before he threw up all over himself? Give me a break. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

But Cam Newton was allowed to be MVP for the exact same reason? Jalen Hurts was the runner up last year and favorite for most of this year for the exact same reason before he threw up all over himself? Give me a break. 

Let's be real for a second and admit he doesn't deserve it based on his play. He has one signature win (Miami). He got his OC fired. We might still miss the playoffs despire currently ranking 4th in total points allowed. This wasn't even one of his top 3 seasons so far. I'd put last year's elbow injury season ahead of this one. 

Cam won MVP because Carolina won 15 games. Hurtz won 14. Lamar is going to win 13 or 14. But Purdy and Dak deserve it over Josh too. Go look at Dak's advanced passing stats. Ontgt% Dak is 2nd, Josh is 9th. Dak is 1st in bad throw%. These guys have way less turnovers which are a heck of lot more important than rushing TDs that you would've scored anyway giving it to your RB. 

Josh is a phenomenal player. He'll get his MVP in some other year. You can keep your fake MVP award that isn't deserved. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m trying to imagine a scenario where Josh Allen throws 10 TDs.

Either the defense has had an all-time bad game, or Allen and the Bills have abandoned all sportsmanship.

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But to be honest...I do think that against the Pats that was one of the worst days I have seen Josh in terms of accuracy and throwing the ball since his rookie year.  

I also am wondering if there is something wrong with his throwing shoulder because he is coming up short or late on a lot of throws this season that he normally isn't.  I know there is twitter fool saying there is a shoulder injury since the first quarter of week 1, and hard to say if its true or not, but I do have to say his arm doesn't look as strong as it has in the past when he was scrambling and throwing on the run.  He used to just flick it a mile downfield and now he just seems way short a lot.  He obviously still has plenty of velocity, but I feel like something is impacting Josh's ability to make the harder throws that few can make, and many only he can make.  

Well FWIW Bruce Nolan--SUPER highly respected analyst and film guru--echoed Marino's sentiments about the passing game in his podcast yesterday.

He put majority of the passing game struggles on IOL and the receivers. He also says it's pretty obvious that Brady's offense is setting the passing game up for success.

That ship for Allen sadly sailed in the last 6 quarters of play on the field. He’d have to have a record setting performance, never mind a Heisman one, to be anywhere close to the award. 

Josh is the Bills MVP. Hands down but he’s stumbled a little when put side by side with his competition. 

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)
2 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Add another bad game to that.

Wouldn't exactly call it a bad game. Allen obviously won't win even though he has 15 more TDs than the guy who eventually will.

Anyone watching that game should understand the context of the turnovers by Allen. The lost fumble was stupid and 100% on him. The 1st Interception was pretty clearly on Davis, who (once again) should've read a zero blitz in his route. The other Interception was on Allen but was literally meaningless and actually a benefit for the offense since the defender chose to intercept a ball on 4th down... making for negative yardage for the Dolphin offense.

Allen’s dumbest play tonight was the one at the end of the 1st half to Ty Johnson preventing points on the board.

But all good... onto the playoffs!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.