2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

People don't watch any NFL other than Bills games

I can’t speak for everybody, but I watch a lot of other teams. I just watch them differently. For the most part I just want a good game. 

When I watch the Bills I have a rooting interest, and when they stink I like to figure out how they can get better. 

But when Herbert stinks I don’t give it much thought other than “Herbert stinks” and I flip on a 4:30 game. 

That said I think Allen is the most skilled, but the most inconsistent of any QB in the league. Mahomes comes the closest in skill but it a lot more consistent. Allen is way more talented than Burrow but Burrow is a lot more consistent than Allen (sans injury).

That said, go ahead and grab another OC to try and settle this whole thing down. Spend our top 3 draft picks on a WR and 2 OL please. 

Just my $0.02

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I can’t speak for everybody, but I watch a lot of other teams. I just watch them differently. For the most part I just want a good game. 

When I watch the Bills I have a rooting interest, and when they stink I like to figure out how they can get better. 

But when Herbert stinks I don’t give it much thought other than “Herbert stinks” and I flip on a 4:30 game. 

That said I think Allen is the most skilled, but the most inconsistent of any QB in the league. Mahomes comes the closest in skill but it a lot more consistent. Allen is way more talented than Burrow but Burrow is a lot more consistent than Allen (sans injury).

That said, go ahead and grab another OC to try and settle this whole thing down. Spend our top 3 draft picks on a WR and 2 OL please. 

Just my $0.02

I watch the Bills the same way

But when I see Mahomes and chiefs offense struggle vs a bad Miami defense last week, looking every bit as inconsistent if not more than us...then have to read some guy saying it's 'dumb' to suggest Mahomes has similar issues...all while Allen is at the top of every QB counting stat and efficiency metric, I can only conclude people who post that kind of nonsense do not watch other teams play football.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/6/2023 at 1:01 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Really?  Outside of that first game against the Jets, Allen has been pretty consistent, actually.  If you really want to play the "let's exclude these games because..." game (which is silly... those 3 games you mentioned are 1/3rd of the season), then let's throw in the Jets game to exclude.

In the 5 games since the Miami game, Josh has averaged 300 yards per game, had a 71.7% completion %, 13 TDs and 6 turnovers.

A lot of Mahomes's stats are from beatdowns against the Chargers and Bears.  Those games aren't remotely the same as the rest of his season. 

And so it all goes back to #QBwinz.  

Buffalo needs to start winning and win against good teams in the national spotlight.  Yesterday was really Allen's first chance to do that.  He and the team failed.  Still has more chances, but I don't have faith with our current OC.

We have no chance with McDorsey running this team.  Unless Josh goes rogue, which is not in his personality.  Only Terry can fix this mess.  On a bright note, Josh still leads the NFL in QBR.  

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Just my $0.02

Burrow makes very good decision and is quite decisive.  And not to mention he has three fantastic receivers in Chase, Higgins and Boyd.  We have nothing close to that.   I also strongly believe that Taylor calls plays taking advantage of Burrow's skills and Dorsey has a problem with it.    Again, talent for talent, the Bengals offense is much better than the Bills.  Now add better play calling, we outnumber them completely.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nah. That's just dumb. Burrow has similar or worse problems? Neither. Mahomes has similar or worse problems? Neither. It's dumb. Yes, they have problems. Nobody's perfect. But are they similar or worse than Josh's right now? The idea's plain dumb.

There's a reason those other guys have the top MVP odds and Josh ... doesn't.

I thought you actually watched other teams. Now I wonder if you do.

Burrow has exploded in the last 2 games, but Mahomes has been a worse QB than Allen this year. 

It's objectively true, but his team is much better, which is why his MVP odds are higher than Allen’s.

Don't believe that's true? Please explain how Mahomes is so much better than Allen this year...

14 hours ago, Mango said:

Just my $0.02

If we're talking this year, Mahomes is absolutely not a lot more consistent.

If you watch a lot of other teams, particularly Kansas City, you'd know that.

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We have no chance with McDorsey running this team.  Unless Josh goes rogue, which is not in his personality.  Only Terry can fix this mess.  On a bright note, Josh still leads the NFL in QBR.  

At the moment, I agree with you.

Still holding out hope he goes rogue or Dorsey decides to turn the offense into the K-gun 2.0 for the rest of the season, though  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Need to worry about beating bad defenses instead of MVP race.

Don't you mean good defenses?  I don't really think we play any bad defenses the rest of the year.

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If we're talking this year, Mahomes is absolutely not a lot more consistent.

If you watch a lot of other teams, particularly Kansas City, you'd know that.

I am speaking broadly. Mahomes has been more consistent over his career. Burrow has been more decisive. Allen is the best of the two but is second to both in both traits. 

Mahomes has also struggled mightily with no special target other than kelce who clearly is getting older .   Chiefs still have a running game a screen game and good defense to save his bacon   Burrow has three very good wideouts and a running game  Both have offense minded coaches.  Flip the qbs around  Would Mahomes or Burrow have equal or greater success on the Bills?  Josh has no shot at MVP  Team isnt winning

12 hours ago, ganesh said:

Burrow makes very good decision and is quite decisive.  And not to mention he has three fantastic receivers in Chase, Higgins and Boyd.  We have nothing close to that.   I also strongly believe that Taylor calls plays taking advantage of Burrow's skills and Dorsey has a problem with it.    Again, talent for talent, the Bengals offense is much better than the Bills.  Now add better play calling, we outnumber them completely.

Don't forget that the Bengal's have a much better O line and is anyone taking our RB's over Joe Mixon? 

12 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bills would need finish 8-0, 7-1. 

6-2 might do it 

1 hour ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

We can barely beat bad defenses..... now we have to try against good ones???? 

Better hope so.  We're about to play a bunch of good ones.

I have hope because McDermott led teams tend to play up (and also down) to the level of their competition.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I am speaking broadly. Mahomes has been more consistent over his career. Burrow has been more decisive. Allen is the best of the two but is second to both in both traits. 

But we're talking about this year.

I have a theory that the majority of people will hate and laugh at me about. Is it possible (as ridiculous as it sounds) that Josh is heartbroken from his break up and it is interfering with his play? Before you all hate me and use puke emojis, I've seen dudes absolutely consumed by a break up and act like damn fools. Oh he's dating Hailee steinfeld? Please. I know it's been 10(?) months, but I litterally know dudes that can't get over breakups from 20 years ago. Just a theory 

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I have a theory that the majority of people will hate and laugh at me about. Is it possible (as ridiculous as it sounds) that Josh is heartbroken from his break up and it is interfering with his play? Before you all hate me and use puke emojis, I've seen dudes absolutely consumed by a break up and act like damn fools. Oh he's dating Hailee steinfeld? Please. I know it's been 10(?) months, but I litterally know dudes that can't get over breakups from 20 years ago. Just a theory 

I don't buy that he is heartbroken at all. I don't usually go into his personal life on this forum, but have heard that he and his ex have broken up numerous times, with him asking her to leave and her not wanting to go. It sounds like it was a toxic and unhealthy relationship, and I truly believe he is happier with Hailee. If he truly loved Brittany/felt she was the one, he probably would have proposed to her after all those years together.

FWIW I do think he seems to be going through some stuff, but I don't think it's his ex. I personally think the weight of trying to carry this team on his shoulders is getting to him. He doesn't seem as happy as he used to, and he just seems distracted. Again, I don't think it's the ex, but I do on some level think he has a lot going on and seems to be trying to grapple with it, along with playing the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aimee75 said:

FWIW I do think he seems to be going through some stuff, but I don't think it's his ex. I personally think the weight of trying to carry this team on his shoulders is getting to him. He doesn't seem as happy as he used to, and he just seems distracted. Again, I don't think it's the ex, but I do on some level think he has a lot going on and seems to be trying to grapple with it, along with playing the game.

I agree, that's partly why I came up with my theory. He definitely doesn't seem like his normal self. He talked about the "low positive" thing a few weeks back. Maybe that has something to do with it, I dunno. 

18 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I would probably take Cook over Mixon tbh

Bengals run game is abysmal altho I think a lot of that is due to their oline

But the Bengal's tackles did a nice job protecting Burrow off the edge.  Their O line was build first and foremost to provide decent pass protection. And they have spent considerable draft & FA resources to achieve this. 

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2023 MVP Race: Josh Allen out of the race until he gets out of his own head (Denver talk pg 22+)
2 hours ago, 14774 said:

This thread needs to be banished from the WWW.🤣

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Shut It Down 30 Rock GIF

34 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

This thread is stupid at this point 

32 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Delusional is more like it.

Good solution to keep bumping it so it stays on page 1.  :thumbsup:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/9/2023 at 8:38 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

But the Bengal's tackles did a nice job protecting Burrow off the edge.  Their O line was build first and foremost to provide decent pass protection. And they have spent considerable draft & FA resources to achieve this. 

The Bengals also have talent at the WR position, not scrubs like ours.

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2023 MVP Race: Josh Allen & offense have most points & yards against Jets in '23 (Jets talk pg 22+)

My Dad and I talked before this game. He said he wouldn't be happy unless the Bills scored 30 against this Defense and had a zero turnover game. I thought 30 points was ridiculous. I just wanted the zero turnover game. Even though the stat sheet says we had a turnover, everyone knows what we really just saw was a 30 point game and zero turnovers against one of the best Ds in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.