Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

Danzler is not much different than Rhodes. 

Rhodes is serviceable.

If we IR White (we will) id also look at other teams PS. 

Would look at PS over any of those dudes. Don’t the Bills have to release someone to activate Von?

3 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

This team is different and you can really feel it now. They are FINALLY physical and playing with an edge on both offense and defense.

Particularly defense. How much of the 'soft' attitude of the past stemmed from the leadership of Frazier and the example of Edmunds? They both were the sort to just hang on and hope the other guy makes enough mistakes. With them out of the way, the beating heart of the defense is now 58 and 43: fast, smart, agressive, looking to impose their will on the offense instead of the eternal bend-and-don't-break-till-the-playoffs. I'd add Oliver in there too. If anything he's been even more ornery and arriving at ball-carriers in a truculent mood since scoring his contract, which is absolutely an anomaly in the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Build a man a fire and you can keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire and you can keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Could someone build me a fire, heat up some oil and cook me a fish fry? Haven’t had a real WNY fish fry in years.

33 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I thought it was funny that Aikman commented that it takes a team with great linebackers to stop the Dolphins and, like the 49ers, the Bills have great linebackers.  All I kept hearing pre-season was that the Bills' biggest weakness is linebacker.

Bernard has been a huge surprise and he is playing great!

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

based on what exactly? He’s made mistakes….so have all HC’s.

Sean’s Defense has been a terror so far this year. Playing with more attitude, hitting the QB often, swarming to the ball and taking the ball away.

Let's get to the playoffs my dude. 

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Would just be a straight switch if Tre is donezo… right?

Von for Tre. 

Id rather have Tre

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yup.  This was the game I needed.  Not because the Dolphins were world beaters, but Josh knew he had to score almost every drive to win this game and he didn’t spaz out.  If anything, Josh was more conservative than I expected.  I need to see that he could contain it in the right situation. 

I would argue this was their best game since the 13 seconds or the Pats perfect game.  Considering how our defense is playing, I’d say we are in our best position in years.  

What sucks is, the Ravens and Chiefs have cake schedules now.  Their divisions are crap and have much easier paths to the one seed.  But I can say I’m not afraid of anyone. 

Hell yes! Virgil is back on track...

I can say my pessimism has detoriated too. 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

Still think McDermott is a chump. 

He's proven me wrong so far. I was banging the table for a change. 

He has this defense playing at another speed, gear, and level. They are dominating the line of scrimmage. When is the last time we've seen that? The front four is getting consistent pressure. When have we seen that? He is masterfully throwing in timely blitzes. When have we seen that? He is disguising defenses. When have we seen that? 

Just really fun to watch thus far. Exciting to see and add in Miller. OMG...

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

He has this defense playing at another speed, gear, and level. They are dominating the line of scrimmage. When is the last time we've seen that. The front four is getting consistent pressure. When have we seen that? He is masterfully throwing in timely blitzes. When have we seen that? He is disguising defenses. When have we seen that? 

2020 we had a good DL. Underrated. Fraziers defense caused us to avoid the pressure. Tampa 2 disguised read and react defense keeping the game in front of us letting speed kill us every time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They are dominating the line of scrimmage. When is the last time we've seen that? The front four is getting consistent pressure. When have we seen that? He is masterfully throwing in timely blitzes. When have we seen that? He is disguising defenses. When have we seen that? 

You've seen all that the last time the Bills were healthy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’d always take the highly touted pass rusher but it’s for sure debatable.  If your 4 man rush is eating OLs alive playing DB gets a lot easier 

That's why I'd take a tre. A premium CB isn't easy to find and we have a DL firing on all cylinders. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

Only thing I'm angry about is the fact that McDermott didn't take over the defense 2 years ago 

Well, it was two years ago the Pegulas and McD were talking Frazier up as a head coach candidate so they tried!

3 hours ago, Simon said:

That first half was about as close to perfect as you'll ever see an NFL QB.

Josh was so impressive today. Laser focused and executed at the highest level. I saw no panic, uneasiness, no hero ball, etc. 

He was like a surgeon out there leading his team confidently down the field. His "it" factor was as high as I've seen it today. He was truly elite!

With that said, every Bill and coach contributed to this win. It was a total team win from top to bottom. 

Team has to stay focused and take care of business one game at a time. No more big injuries...

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

You've seen all that the last time the Bills were healthy.

But they were hardly healthy all season. Also, I feel they are much better at containing the run. Bernard has magnified this D to another level. Hyde back is huge. If Elam can produce this will be big too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not gonna lie; I was scared about the game.

The big win today was the best Bills win I can remember (my memory is corroded by booze, but still).

Of note, I was at my friend Dave's (street name: True Hustla, Bonafide Playa) and drinking copious amounts of 90-proof whiskey. Dave said this to Josh before the game:

"No turnovers today. This ain't no bakery."

How prescient he was. Josh's discipline was outstanding. I hope he is learning that playing smart can still lead to big stats and will lead to big wins and help cement his rep as an elite winning QB.

We are a well-rounded team — loving the defense and strong run game — full of talent and confidence and can beat anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He has this defense playing at another speed, gear, and level. They are dominating the line of scrimmage. When is the last time we've seen that? The front four is getting consistent pressure. When have we seen that? He is masterfully throwing in timely blitzes. When have we seen that? He is disguising defenses. When have we seen that? 

And Allen is letting the defense rest as well as maybe discuss some of what they see Miami doing and gives d a chance to come up with what will work best against what Miami is doing.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

Heck, we had two easy INTs we dropped and a forced fumble they recovered. Could have been even more lopsided.

I don't know how you drop a Tua pass, he throws "the most catchable ball in the league" and that goes for both teams. It lands like a soap bubble.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.