Dolphins @ Bills - 1st Half Game Thread

Simon

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I just think Tua is extremely average, and they’re doing the most they can with him. I’ll give McDaniel credit for that. If you think I’m a Dolphins fan for that, you’re entitled to believe so. 

Nah Tua is above average, but the median for QB play in this league is not good. 

But he has his limitation. Playing from behind, playing under pressure or on the move, he’s not nearly as accurate or effective. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I just think Tua is extremely average, and they’re doing the most they can with him. I’ll give McDaniel credit for that. If you think I’m a Dolphins fan for that, you’re entitled to believe so. 

Tua is a great timing QB.  The moment you rattle him a bit, he can’t create.  It’s no shock that he is great when 1)he gets the ball out quick and 2) he doesn’t get sacked

bills are making it hard for him

• Like (+1) 2

All things considered, that was probably about as good as we could have asked for in the first half.  But we need to keep the foot on the gas.  They're going to score.  We need to stay aggressive.  We will probably need another 14 points in the second half.

On defense, keep taking away Tua's first read.  He's getting antsy and when he does, he's throwing high.  His WRs won't like chasing those hospital balls and it might lead to more turnovers. We have 1, but we should have like 4.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Outcoached. Going into a shell. Looks like we got the better McD right now

Won't argue McDermott is winning this battle but it's dangerous to assume McDaniel is going into a shell. The Dolphins can score a ton of points quickly and we can't start to think they're down and out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree with you.  McDaniels offense is great scheme wise.  They certainly make the most of their talent.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

I understand they're trying to set up play action. But every analysis says you don't need to actually run the ball to succeed with play action. 

I gotta go with football over math on this one.

The more you do it, the better it works.

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

Nah Tua is above average, but the median for QB play in this league is not good. 

But he has his limitation. Playing from behind, playing under pressure or on the move, he’s not nearly as accurate or effective. 

Get him off his first read and/or spot and he is pedestrian 

• Like (+1) 2

• Simon unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Great half, defense rocky start but they settled in. Offense has been rolling. Just need to start the second half with a defensive stop!

Honestly don’t even care if they get a TD. They’ll score some points.

I want to see the Bills offense operating with quality efficiency. Started seeing some negative plays at the end of the half, and that’s what is gonna get the Dolphins back into this game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2