Time to give Tre his flowers (Week 3 Performance)

Slippery Rubber Mats

https://twitter.com/PFF_Bills/status/1706374265832865934

Tre'Davious White vs the Commanders

32 coverage snaps

6 targets

3 receptions

19 yards allowed

1 INT

17.4 passer rating allowed

Also I've got some flowers for anyone who can crack the code for embedding a twitter post

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

32 coverage snaps

6 targets

3 receptions

19 yards allowed

1 INT

Also I've got some flowers for anyone who can crack the code for embedding a twitter post

All you need to do is press space after you paste it...this eluded me for a while too until I did that once and noticed it embedded properly. So delete the link, repaste it and press space(or enter) and it should embed on its own.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

32 coverage snaps

6 targets

3 receptions

19 yards allowed

1 INT

just paste the link and then hit return on your key pad. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Not taking anything away from Tre, he played great, but Sam Howell ain’t exactly the best choice for a starter in this league. Decent guys running routes but it helps if the guy throwing the football doesn’t hold onto it for an absurd amount of time on each designed passing play. 

Awesome for him to have a game like that before the Fish come to town. If he has the same type or slightly better/worse game against Tua and the gang then sure, send the flowers and credit his way then. 

Edited by BBFL

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Not taking anything away from Tre, he played great, but Sam Howell ain’t exactly the best choice for a starter in this league. Decent guys running routes but it helps if the guy throwing the football doesn’t hold onto it for an absurd amount of time on each designed passing play. 

Awesome for him to have a game like that before the Fish come to town. If he has the same type or slightly better/worse game against Tua and the gang then sure, send the flowers and credit his way then. 

"Not taking anything away from Tre" 

Then proceed to talk what he did down in every possible way.

You play who lines up across from you. And his play on the field was extremely good. You do realize that one reason WHY Howell had to hold the ball for a long time is....ready... BECAUSE White was doing great in coverage. And Washington has some good WRs that can get open. But they didn't often on Tre. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

32 coverage snaps

6 targets

3 receptions

19 yards allowed

1 INT

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ll hold off on praising Tre until next week. He’s got problems coming his way this week.

I mean, the man had a good game against the Commanders.  Can't he get props for that?

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

"Not taking anything away from Tre" 

Then proceed to talk what he did down in every possible way.

You play who lines up across from you. And his play on the field was extremely good. You do realize that one reason WHY Howell had to hold the ball for a long time is....ready... BECAUSE White was doing great in coverage. And Washington has some good WRs that can get open. But they didn't often on Tre. 

Talk down on what? Sam Howell’s ability? That has nothing to do with how Tre played. Be argumentative and unnecessarily call someone out but do it accurately. The defense came out and openly stated that Howell has a TENDENCY to hang on to the ball way too long… How does that allude to coverage from Tre being the reason? They saw the future? No. Again, like I said; Howell takes an absurd amount of time to process and make a throw. Zero talking down on what Tre himself did at all. SMH. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Disagree 1

It’s amazing there were posters hear that wanted to get rid of him

That’s why we sit in the stands or in our easy chairs

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sure. I’m waiting until next week.

That’s a beautiful way of looking at it unless the player plays lights out against the best opposition you can’t give them any credit

You must be a blast at parties

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

All you need to do is press space after you paste it...this eluded me for a while too until I did that once and noticed it embedded properly. So delete the link, repaste it and press space(or enter) and it should embed on its own.

wth

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

just paste the link and then hit return on your key pad. 

Ive done that 100x what is this

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s a beautiful way of looking at it unless the player plays lights out against the best opposition you can’t give them any credit

You must be a blast at parties

Not what I’m saying at all. He hasn’t been challenged yet. He’ll be challenged this week.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

While I agree with others that the biggest test of the season lies ahead for Tre White...

I WILL say that when I watch Bills games, I'm not worried about Tre White. I'm not seeing him pop up a bunch on my screen, getting burned by WRs or routinely beaten on routes. How many times this season have the Bills defense given up a big reception, and you look on the replay, and it's Tre White that's responsible? Not often, right? I'm not saying he doesn't get beaten at times, but it's not often, and it's not badly. He can generally be trusted to take care of the receiver he's assigned to. Only elite WRs give him any kind of trouble.

What we've all been waiting to see is the return of the splash plays he's been known for in the past. We finally saw one against the Commanders, and I think it will do wonders for his confidence as he returns to his pre-injury form, both physically and mentally.

I still consider Tre White a very good NFL corner, probably right on the fringe of the top 10. At the very worst, he's CERTAINLY a more than viable CB1. I expect a good season from him moving forward. And if I'm wrong, well...he can always fall back on his goalie training.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, BBFL said:

Actually most of the all-22 analysis I've seen this week shows that a lot of our sacks were coverage sacks, and not just a result of Howell needlessly holding the ball. We were not typically getting into the backfield right away, we were keeping tight coverage which allowed the pass rushers to slowly suffocate the pocket. Our back 7 was just as responsible as our front 4 for that insane pass rush production IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ll hold off on praising Tre until next week. He’s got problems coming his way this week.

Go for it dude.  Also ignore that every time a QB sees Benford 1-1 against a WR he immediately targets that receiver.  It happened against Washington for.a big gain and Jimmy G immediately targeted and missed Adams while he was open.  But by all means keep ragging on Tre and propping up Benford, because…..agenda.

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Go for it dude.  Also ignore that every time a QB sees Benford 1-1 against a WR he immediately targets that receiver.  It happened against Washington for.a big gain and Jimmy G immediately targeted and missed Adams while he was open.  But by all means keep ragging on Tre and propping up Benford, because…..agenda.

lol what? No one is ragging on Tre or propping anyone.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn’t say anything negative.

OP: Posts about Tre’s very positive stats

You: Could have left it alone but instead pronounced that you would hold off praising him.  Also implied he will have a rough game this week.

Also you: I didn’t say anything negative.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

OP: Posts about Tre’s very positive stats

You: Could have left it alone but instead pronounced that you would hold off praising him.  Also implied he will have a rough game this week.

Also you: I didn’t say anything negative.

No you’re implying. I said he hasn’t been challenged yet and problems, as in Tyreek Hill and Waddle, are coming next week.

If you want that to be negative then so be it. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No you’re implying. I said he hasn’t been challenged yet and problems, as in Tyreek Hill and Waddle, are coming next week.

If you want that to be negative then so be it. 

No. You said nothing about challenges.   All you said that you would withhold any praise for him.  Clearly that’s not a positive spin.  If you wanted to be neutral a good way would have been to ignore the thread.  But Eeyores gonna Eeyore I suppose.

2 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

He’s been right on his man even when it’s a completion. He’s looking good imo 

Saw a stat today that Benford and Taron Johnson have had some of the tightest coverage in the league. White has been decent as well.

Confusing graph with negative separation but right side of graph is good.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

wth

Ive done that 100x what is this

On 9/26/2023 at 7:28 PM, Motorin' said:

Idk man, I just got it to work in your original post when I quoted it. 

Yeah, it never works for me either. I'm always accessing TBD from my phone, so maybe that is the issue? Or maybe it is just my phone/browser. Not sure.

Edited by MJS

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, it never works for me either. I'm always accessing TBD from my phone, so maybe that is the issue? Or maybe it is just my phone/browser. Not sure.

idk I'm on a browser, have a master's degree in cs, under 70 years of age, and completely baffled by how to embed a twitter link on my favorite forum. I'm taking a hard look at where I'm at in life right now because of this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.