MNF Game Thread - 7:15p PHI&TB, 8:15p LAR@CIN

Process

Just now, Cray51 said:

Evans still needs to attack the ball and make that catch.  That's something Knox or Davis would get shredded on if they didn't catch it

Oh I agree.  I was just sayin

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Hurts is a very overrated QB.  Not elite in any way as a passer.  Has the best OL in the league, and still looks shaky and indecisive in the pocket

Yes, the passes he makes are busted coverage after having 6-8 seconds in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Hurts is a very overrated QB.  Not elite in any way as a passer.  Has the best OL in the league, and still looks shaky and indecisive in the pocket

At some point to have longevity in this league a QB has to be a top flight passer/decision maker and all the other things are in addition to or a value add or addition to. 

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

Is anybody else seeing a LOT of holding by the Eagles O line (that’s not being called)?

I think they take advantage of early holds, and releasing as soon as they have any traction.  They hold initially, gain leverage, then let go once they have stopped the initial rush from the defender

Just now, DapperCam said:

Burrow doesn’t look right

I don’t get what they’re doing. I get they paid him all this money. He’s a top 3 guy. But at some point they’re risking ruining him. 

Burrow is the only guy who can help dig them out of this. But he can’t do it if they destroy his Achilles and he misses the season. Sit the guy down and let him come back to do what he does when he is healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

At some point to have longevity in this league a QB has to be a top flight passer/decision maker and all the other things are in addition to or a value add or addition to. 

Hurts will make a lot of money in this league, but the moment he doesn't have a top 5 Oline is the moment he looks a lot more like a Jared Goff level QB then Allen

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I don’t get what they’re doing. I get they paid him all this money. He’s a top 3 guy. But at some point they’re risking ruining him. 

Burrow is the only guy who can help dig them out of this. But he can’t do it if they destroy his Achilles and he misses the season. Sit the guy down and let him come back to do what he does when he is healthy. 

They're stupidly more afraid of going 0-3 and the stigma of what that means for the rest of their season, than him getting a longer term injury which you know would actually have a more significant impact on the rest of their season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

If he misses this year, they then likely lose Higgins going into next year, and now they are just another team IMO.  Stupid to risk him for a game in week 3

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.