Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

The Dolphins are really good but we've played the Tua/Hill/Waddle/Mostert version twice last year and should have come away 2-0. We can clearly beat these guys. Be disciplined ondefense and protect the football on offense and I like our chances.

but we didn't. Only thing that matters is the final score

Edited by nucci

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

The Dolphins are really good but we've played the Tua/Hill/Waddle/Mostert version twice last year and should have come away 2-0. We can clearly beat these guys. Be disciplined ondefense and protect the football on offense and I like our chances.

I thought Miami had the better of the play in the night game at Buffalo. They deserved to win that one just like the Bills deserved to win the first game. So, 1-1 is probably how it should have played out. Both teams won the games they deserved to lose.

Considering the Dolphins won 20 straight against the Bills in the 70's. Buffalo has done a nice job making the overall record against look respectable.

Josh Allen and the Bills will look to continue their recent dominance over the Dolphins. Buffalo has won 11 of the past 13 games against Miami, but the Dolphins lead the all-time series 62-56-1.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Based on the Bills vs Miami not weak clubs like Mile High Club. 

I mean. He has what 5 hits in 3 nfl games? No sacks. Patriots are a legit D and that was a road game. Chargers have bosa. I’m not expecting any sacks by the bills. Maybe a hit or two. It’s just what the data and eye test says…..

bills gonna have to scheme it up. Don’t bother rushing. Get hands up tip passes. And tackle. Is that not obvious to everyone ?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, balln said:

I mean. He has what 5 hits in 3 nfl games? No sacks. Patriots are a legit D and that was a road game. Chargers have bosa. I’m not expecting any sacks by the bills. Maybe a hit or two. It’s just what the data and eye test says…..

bills gonna have to scheme it up. Don’t bother rushing. Get hands up tip passes. And tackle. Is that not obvious to everyone ?

take his first read away make him hesitate an extra second or two and move off his spot, advantage Bills D if they can do that

• Like (+1) 1

I think Elam should start instead of Benford.  He has the physicality and speed needed to disrupt Hill's game...as much as you can anyway.   Elam showed it in the playoff game. A few times he was excellent at jamming Hill on the line.  He's also easily the fastest player in our secondary and needs to be on the field 

21 hours ago, wjag said:

Time to break out the red uniforms...  Record is pretty good in those as I recall..

We may want to wear white.  Early forecast is near 80 and sunny...

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

take his first read away make him hesitate an extra second or two and move off his spot, advantage Bills D if they can do that

This sentence gets repeated so often nowadays. Its becoming like when people would describe how to guard Curry back in 2015-16. "Just pick him up at half court, get up in him". Its much easier said than done.

But I would expect, if anyone can do it we can. While the secondary isnt fast they are disciplined and experienced. Thus far our D-line has held up against the run and pass by rushing only 4. That should allow us to drop 7-8 all game without worry. As YPP said on twitter, we need to ensure we load up on the short side of the field. That is where they primarily look to throw.

27 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Elam should start instead of Benford.  He has the physicality and speed needed to disrupt Hill's game...as much as you can anyway.   Elam showed it in the playoff game. A few times he was excellent at jamming Hill on the line.  He's also easily the fastest player in our secondary and needs to be on the field 

We may want to wear white.  Early forecast is near 80 and sunny...

My guess is all blues or blue over white.

On 9/24/2023 at 4:52 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

Kind of surprised we are 3 point favorites.  I thought slight underdog or even.

Well, no-one believes Miami has it in them to have two such performances in a row, especially facing a strong defense and Josh and crew on offense, no surprise imo.

45 minutes ago, balln said:

and what makes you think McD is incapable of scheming it up?

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

My guess is all blues or blue over white.

Blue over white please!

On 9/24/2023 at 4:52 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

Kind of surprised we are 3 point favorites.  I thought slight underdog or even.

I don’t think Vegas fully trusts Miami yet…they did the same thing last year against bottom feeders/banged up teams then fell on their face when they got a few playoff caliber teams in a row on the schedule. It’s a bit of a gimmick offense where tua just lets it fly to his first read as fast as he can and they start calling runs when teams load the field with dbs.  idk if it’s gonna be us necessarily but someone is gonna crack it.  Pats did a decent job and they probably would’ve won that game if they weren’t missing 4 offensive linemen. 

to me, we are a beefed up version of the pats and the pats played them pretty tough.  The Denver game means absolutely nothing.  Denver was in the game late into the second quarter and the offense imploded after taking over with good field position down two scores so everyone visibly quit.  They were moving the ball on Miami pretty easily in the first half up until that point 

crappy team flying east to play football in a disgusting humid swamp isnt even worth worrying about lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

With the exception of last year, Josh always "gets up" for the phins game.

I expect no difference this time.

I don't know who is going to win but I can be sure of a few things:

1. Fins ain't puttin up 70 again

2. We're not losing by 50

3. These QBs won't be sitting down with backups playing at the end of the game (unless Tua gets concussed)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think Vegas fully trusts Miami yet…they did the same thing last year against bottom feeders/banged up teams then fell on their face when they got a few playoff caliber teams in a row on the schedule. It’s a bit of a gimmick offense where tua just lets it fly to his first read as fast as he can and idk if it’s gonna be us necessarily but someone is gonna crack it.  Pats did a decent job and they probably would’ve won that game if they weren’t missing 4 offensive linemen. 

to me, we are a beefed up version of the pats and the pats played them pretty tough.  The Denver game means absolutely nothing.  

I also feel better about McD in control, being able to use the NE game as a template for a scheme. Last year Frazier just did what he always did. It was so aggravating that SF and LAC essentially stopped Miami and then they came to Buffalo and looked explosive again (even though we won). 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

and what makes you think McD is incapable of scheming it up?

Blue over white please!

I didn’t say that he couldn’t. But this is a once in a blue moon peak offense they’re facing. Gonna need a really good game plan.

But now you asking this question. My doubts are bc how their D fares in playoffs. Vs bengals , chiefs 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

I didn’t say that he couldn’t. But this is a once in a blue moon peak offense they’re facing. Gonna need a really good game plan.

But now you asking this question. My doubts are bc how their D fares in playoffs. Vs bengals , chiefs 

Ok, maybe I read into “i’m not expecting any sacks” too much.  

I am. 

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

3. These QBs won't be sitting down with backups playing at the end of the game (unless Tua gets concussed)

He had a poor showing the previous season too.  But who’s counting?  😉 

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I thought Miami had the better of the play in the night game at Buffalo. They deserved to win that one just like the Bills deserved to win the first game. So, 1-1 is probably how it should have played out. Both teams won the games they deserved to lose.

I disagree. In the night game, Josh Allen took over at the end. He’s better than Tua and simply refused to lose. 

11 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

If jaelan phillips can’t go I think we may be scoring 70…the phins just never seem to have the coverage LBers to slow josh down and they never really learn their lesson. They’ve got a good dline but I don’t think it’s any better than two dlines we’ve seen already 

josh racked up 500+ yards of offense and almost beat them single handedly with virtually his entire team injured in the first matchup last year lol 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If jaelan phillips can’t go I think we may be scoring 70…the phins just never seem to have the coverage LBers to slow josh down and they never really learn their lesson. They’ve got a good dline but I don’t think it’s any better than two dlines we’ve seen already 

josh racked up 500+ yards of offense and almost beat them single handedly with virtually his entire team injured in the first matchup last year lol 

and, in the home Saturday Night game our offense was no slouch either, IIRC.  

It was the Wild Card game a few weeks weeks later where the offense kept shooting itself in the foot, similar to the opener against the Jets

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok, maybe I read into “i’m not expecting any sacks” too much.  

I am. 

He had a poor showing the previous season too.  But who’s punting?  😉 

The playoff game? I honestly kind of hope the dolphins call a similar defense again.  We were a couple drops/throws that missed by inches away from dropping a ton of points even with all the turnovers.  Miami had everything go their way in that one and dodged a ton of bullets I don’t think that’s a viable strategy.  9 times out of 10 were dropping 50+ in a game like that 

• Agree 1

Elam needs to be activated for this one.  We need speed.

I think the only way we lose is if Dolphins get up a few scores at the start, ala Cincinnati last year.  And if we win the flip, i'm taking the ball and scoring.

I 100% trust McD brings the heat on D and will have our boys ready to prove something.  Floyd and Groot should be able to disrupt Tua's stability in the pocket.  And I'm betting big Jordan is licking his chops.

Our offense will eat on Sunday.  Mark my words.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

and, in the home Saturday Night game our offense was no slouch either, IIRC.  

It was the Wild Card game a few weeks weeks later where the offense kept shooting itself in the foot, similar to the opener against the Jets

That was the strangest game…Miami just straight up sold out to force turnovers and guys were open deep all day…really it’s the opposite of what I’d do against josh lol. They were pretty fortunate to not give up a boatload of points in that one…we narrowly missed on a ton of deep shots.  The Beasley turnover was kind of ridiculous that was a pretty clear dpi…that game never should’ve been that close even with all the other turnovers.  

if you told me they were gonna leave that many receivers open deep  again but we were guaranteed 2 turnovers I’d take that deal right now 😂 it was like a free deep td every possession we just kept dropping/missing the throws by inches 

it seemed like Miami was gambling that their pass rush would get home before receivers would get free over the top and it didn’t work out that way at all but they almost failed successfully haha 

7 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Elam needs to be activated for this one.  We need speed.

I think the only way we lose is if Dolphins get up a few scores at the start, ala Cincinnati last year.  And if we win the flip, i'm taking the ball and scoring.

I 100% trust McD brings the heat on D and will have our boys ready to prove something.  Floyd and Groot should be able to disrupt Tua's stability in the pocket.  And I'm betting big Jordan is licking his chops.

Our offense will eat on Sunday.  Mark my words.  

eat what?

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. In the night game, Josh Allen took over at the end. He’s better than Tua and simply refused to lose. 

I don’t even know how to define tua anymore lol. If you take his quick rhythm throws away he’s definitely below average but that is seemingly near impossible to do so far.  Their gimmick definitely gets less effective in the red zone where tyreek can’t beat anybody deep anymore but teams still seem intent on leaving light boxes out there on that part of the field.  I’d probably do the McDermott special of keeping everything in front of me until hitting the red zone then I’d start to load up against the run. Teams are just giving them free points flooding the field with dbs…they are picking the wrong poison in ‘pick your poison’ imo 

gotta make tua go through progressions and hold the ball in the red zone.  The dude has straight up tunnel vision when his first read isn’t open and he’s gotta reset in the pocket…he seems athletic but I don’t think he can keep his eyes downfield when he’s gotta avoid pass rushers.  Props to McDaniel for essentially gameplanning out tuas weaknesses 

Miami (3-0) at Buffalo (2-1)

1 p.m. ET (CBS)

If you have anything planned for Sunday at 1 p.m., I would go ahead and cancel it now, because you definitely don't want to miss this game. I don't care if you're scheduled to deliver a baby on Sunday at 1, tell the kid to wait three hours. As we all know, babies are very patient, so asking a baby to wait three more hours shouldn't be a big deal. 

This is just the 11th game in NFL history to feature two teams that are both coming off a win of 34 points or more. I'm sure you heard about the Dolphins and the fact that they scored 70 points, but the Bills were also impressive in Week 3. Their 37-3 win over the Commanders somehow flew under-the-radar, but that's probably because Miami's 70-point game broke the radar. 

This game is giving us the unstoppable force (Miami's offense) against the immovable object (Buffalo's defense). The Dolphins have the NFL's highest-scoring offense and they'll be going up against a Bills defense that has surrendered the second-fewest points in the league through three weeks. 

I would break down how those two sides are going to do agianst each other, but I'm not going to, because I think this game is going to do come to the play of Josh Allen. If there is one team that Allen has absolutely dominated in his career, it's the Dolphins. Miami just hasn't been able to figure out how to stop Allen. It's like asking a toddler to solve a puzzle that has 7,000 pieces. They don't even know where to start. 

In Allen's last 10 games against the Dolphins, including the playoffs, he's gone 9-1 against them and the only loss was by two points. He's thrown at least two touchdown passes in 11 straight games against the Dolphins, which is an NFL record for consecutive games with multiple touchdowns against one team. He's averaging 276.2 passing yards per game and 52.2 rushing yards per game in his career against Miami, which makes him just one of two quarterbacks in NFL history to average at least 250 yards passing and 50 yards rushing against a single team. 

When Josh Allen plays the Dolphins, he is the unstoppable force AND the immovable object. I don't even know if that makes sense, but if there is one thing that does make sense, it's Allen beating the Bills. 

If the Dolphins score 70 this week, Allen will make sure the Bills score 71. 

The pick: Bills 34-31 over Dolphins

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.