Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

The Dolphins are really good but we've played the Tua/Hill/Waddle/Mostert version twice last year and should have come away 2-0. We can clearly beat these guys. Be disciplined ondefense and protect the football on offense and I like our chances.

but we didn't. Only thing that matters is the final score

Edited by nucci

5 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

The Dolphins are really good but we've played the Tua/Hill/Waddle/Mostert version twice last year and should have come away 2-0. We can clearly beat these guys. Be disciplined ondefense and protect the football on offense and I like our chances.

I thought Miami had the better of the play in the night game at Buffalo. They deserved to win that one just like the Bills deserved to win the first game. So, 1-1 is probably how it should have played out. Both teams won the games they deserved to lose.

Considering the Dolphins won 20 straight against the Bills in the 70's. Buffalo has done a nice job making the overall record against look respectable.

Josh Allen and the Bills will look to continue their recent dominance over the Dolphins. Buffalo has won 11 of the past 13 games against Miami, but the Dolphins lead the all-time series 62-56-1.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Based on the Bills vs Miami not weak clubs like Mile High Club. 

I mean. He has what 5 hits in 3 nfl games? No sacks. Patriots are a legit D and that was a road game. Chargers have bosa. I’m not expecting any sacks by the bills. Maybe a hit or two. It’s just what the data and eye test says…..

bills gonna have to scheme it up. Don’t bother rushing. Get hands up tip passes. And tackle. Is that not obvious to everyone ?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, balln said:

I mean. He has what 5 hits in 3 nfl games? No sacks. Patriots are a legit D and that was a road game. Chargers have bosa. I’m not expecting any sacks by the bills. Maybe a hit or two. It’s just what the data and eye test says…..

bills gonna have to scheme it up. Don’t bother rushing. Get hands up tip passes. And tackle. Is that not obvious to everyone ?

take his first read away make him hesitate an extra second or two and move off his spot, advantage Bills D if they can do that

• Like (+1) 1

I think Elam should start instead of Benford.  He has the physicality and speed needed to disrupt Hill's game...as much as you can anyway.   Elam showed it in the playoff game. A few times he was excellent at jamming Hill on the line.  He's also easily the fastest player in our secondary and needs to be on the field 

21 hours ago, wjag said:

Time to break out the red uniforms...  Record is pretty good in those as I recall..

We may want to wear white.  Early forecast is near 80 and sunny...

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

take his first read away make him hesitate an extra second or two and move off his spot, advantage Bills D if they can do that

This sentence gets repeated so often nowadays. Its becoming like when people would describe how to guard Curry back in 2015-16. "Just pick him up at half court, get up in him". Its much easier said than done.

But I would expect, if anyone can do it we can. While the secondary isnt fast they are disciplined and experienced. Thus far our D-line has held up against the run and pass by rushing only 4. That should allow us to drop 7-8 all game without worry. As YPP said on twitter, we need to ensure we load up on the short side of the field. That is where they primarily look to throw.

27 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Elam should start instead of Benford.  He has the physicality and speed needed to disrupt Hill's game...as much as you can anyway.   Elam showed it in the playoff game. A few times he was excellent at jamming Hill on the line.  He's also easily the fastest player in our secondary and needs to be on the field 

We may want to wear white.  Early forecast is near 80 and sunny...

My guess is all blues or blue over white.

On 9/24/2023 at 4:52 PM, Johnnycage46 said:

Kind of surprised we are 3 point favorites.  I thought slight underdog or even.

Well, no-one believes Miami has it in them to have two such performances in a row, especially facing a strong defense and Josh and crew on offense, no surprise imo.

45 minutes ago, balln said:

and what makes you think McD is incapable of scheming it up?

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

My guess is all blues or blue over white.

Blue over white please!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.