Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I don't think you will see the Bills wear white at home anymore this year. They did for the preseason since it was hot out. As we go into late September and beyond the weather will be cooling off. The Bills will probably wear all reds once but after that every other home game will be all blues or blue over white.

56 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Elam needs to be activated for this one.  We need speed.

I could see him being activated but not playing significant time. He hasnt even dressed yet. You dont go from street clothes to starting without an injury or injuries.

But I could see on the seldom blitz, where they NEED man coverage at the line you bring him in for a few plays.

This will indeed be the first real test. It will also be just one of 17 regular season games, so I will try not to overreact regardless of outcome. The story line of our hot D  against the team that just scored 70 points is juicy as all get out! 

The Jets game was just an odd start to the season. I’m not sure what to make of that. I think we we ready for the game we expected, but were forced to play a different game, for better or worse. 

Edited by Augie

I don't know how this game is going to end but I want to say I disagree with most people I am seeing here about taking the ball first.

I am deferring and playing defense to open the game, for multiple reasons.

1.  The crowd is going to be electric, use that advantage to open the game.  the crowd out of the half is always calm.  Make the dolphins play offense vs a packed fired up crowd.

2.  The bills are establishing an identity on defense through the first three games.  Put them on the field right away and go get the ball back.

3.  Having the ball to start the third quarter is always the smarter play.  That quirky thing that happens also all the time with the team who has the ball going into the half always seems to be like the team who has it to start the third.  

this is going to be a tight game with each team making big explosive plays (I think), by using the crowd and the energy of the stadium to start you can maybe steal a possession here and gain an early field position advantage.  I think both teams are going to make statements early and the dolphins will go as their offense goes, so buffalo coming out and getting an early stop is a big mental advantage also.

this is going to be a hard game to win without a few takeaways and a large number of penalties on miami's side.  Would love to see them false starting themselves to death early because of the noise.

I am probably wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't think you will see the Bills wear white at home anymore this year. They did for the preseason since it was hot out. As we go into late September and beyond the weather will be cooling off. The Bills will probably wear all reds once but after that every other home game will be all blues or blue over white.

77 and sunny for Sunday though. Maybe Bills should wear the whites ? Too late at this point I’m sure.!

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Two top teams meeting early in the season. One thing is for sure: we'll overreact whatever the result.

With week 18 @ MIA, this one seems bigger for the Bills than the fish. Esp with BUF already having a division loss. Is it too soon to say it’s a must win for the Bills ? 

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

A team is 3-0, won their last game by 50 freakin points and scored 70, are underdogs?? 

Only in the NFL.

btw, I think the Bills win too!

Gotta agree.   It seems a bit ridiculous to have the Bills favored given the current situation.  All I can figure is that both teams are fairly even statistically, even with the 70pt finplosion.   

This is easily, the early season game of the year. Huge swing in divisional standing based on who wins. Huge confidence boost either way.  I think ultimately, come December, the outcome will matter less.  But for momentum going into October..its a massive.  I expect a dog fight, back and forth slug fest type of game. Miami wants to prove they’re the real deal… the Bills are the Bills.  They don’t loose easy. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Activate Elam, have him get hands on Hill immediately off the snap and have someone over the top on him. Send 5 at Tua every down, but from every direction, formation possible. 

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

A team is 3-0, won their last game by 50 freakin points and scored 70, are underdogs?? 

Only in the NFL.

btw, I think the Bills win too!

Sorry, no one gets credit for playing the Bears or Broncos this year lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.