Around the NFL Week 3

HappyDays

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This Taylor Swift crap is gonna get old really fast.

Will you say the same thing when Hailey is in a box with Josh's parents & they keep showing her cheering every time Josh throws a TD?  

52 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

God, I so wish I was in a Dallas bar right now!

Why? The place is empty except for the fans passed out on the floor.  

46 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

What would it matter Sean Payton is passed his shelf life anyway 

He made his money coaching a HOF QB.  Now he's coaching a washed up QB who is draining the salary cap & his D is bad.  A lot of coaches who are average look great with a HOF QB.  That's why when you look at their records without the HOF QB, they're very mediocre.  QBs make coaches, not the other way around.  QBs ruin coaches, not the other way around.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He made his money coaching a HOF QB.  Now he's coaching a washed up QB who is draining the salary cap & his D is bad.  A lot of coaches who are average look great with a HOF QB.  That's why when you look at their records without the HOF QB, they're very mediocre.  QBs make coaches, not the other way around.  QBs ruin coaches, not the other way around.  

See Mike McCarthy 

On 9/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, HappyDays said:

I honestly started this thread just so I could post this unbelievable injury report from the Ravens:

For context imagine if James Cook was already out for the year, and we were playing this Sunday's game without Gabe Davis, Dion Dawkins, Mitch Morse, Damien Harris, Micah Hyde, Tre White, and Leonard Floyd. How does this happen to the Ravens every single year?

Eff the Ratbirds.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the Raiders have a decent chance the Steelers are pretty terrible.

it is a struggle on offense for pittsburgh.

its shocking how bad they look.

i am sure mike tomlin will just give them a stare and fix it though at some point

2 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

All very good questions. Maybe I just do t feel like hearing about the dolphins all week lol. Or I dread what it will be like to watch a beatdown next week. I think my nerves come from not having a real offensive plan. The Bills O just still looks kinda bad. Dare I say like last year if not worse. We'll wait and see on that. 

We seriously aren’t watching the same games.  And since watching is subjective, the Bills offense was something like 8th in points and 6th in yards after last week; will probably go up a bit this week, won’t go down.  Last season 4th for both.

Would you be willing to explain how they “still looks kinda bad, like last year if not worse” while somehow putting up better offensive statistics than 3/4 of the league?

• Agree 1

The nfl in a few weeks could have an interesting situation where some of its core markets have horrible teams.

New York, Pittsburgh, Denver, Minnesota, Chicago.

they all could be completely out of any shot at the playoffs long before halloween.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

it is a struggle on offense for pittsburgh.

its shocking how bad they look.

i am sure mike tomlin will just give them a stare and fix it though at some point

8 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Matt Canada somehow still has a job....

This might be one of the worst off coordinators in the NFL

Now the Steelers (and the Broncos) are two examples of teams whose offenses look genuinely bad

I would say the Steelers are in trouble; the Raiders look as though they have some kind of offense, in contrast to the Steelers who appear to have none.

So 100% of Canada’s NFL experience is with the Steelers the last 3 seasons and this, during which they’ve had, well, mediocre to poor to bad offenses.  I think Canada got the “Ghost of Ben Roethlisberger” pass in 2021, the “Trubisky is not who we thought he was” and “we need receivers” pass in 2022,  Now Pickett is 2nd year and they have some receivers, so I would think his seat is getting heated.

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The nfl in a few weeks could have an interesting situation where some of its core markets have horrible teams.

New York, Pittsburgh, Denver, Minnesota, Chicago.

they all could be completely out of any shot at the playoffs long before halloween.

Besides Pittsburgh I'm not sure the rest of those are that unusual.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Why? The place is empty except for the fans passed out on the floor.  

Well, the comment was made at the moment the Cowboys lost. However, I'd still enjoy stepping over their lifeless bodies and careful not to slip on the tears left on the floor.

On 9/22/2023 at 1:07 PM, HappyDays said:

I honestly started this thread just so I could post this unbelievable injury report from the Ravens:

For context imagine if James Cook was already out for the year, and we were playing this Sunday's game without Gabe Davis, Dion Dawkins, Mitch Morse, Damien Harris, Micah Hyde, Tre White, and Leonard Floyd. How does this happen to the Ravens every single year?

Odell is hurt? How? Why? When? I don’t believe it. 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Lol. What a bum. Remember when a josh tried to make a play against the Texans in the playoffs AS A ROOK when he lateraled the ball? He was crucified for that. 

Taint massage boy is a ‘star’ veteran Qb and that was atrociously stupid. Cleaveland stinks 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean yeah ***** the Jets for some dirty hits that they do, but can't say that Mac Jones hasn't earned a reputation that gets him this kind of treatment.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Titans fans got to love that they got blown out by this Browns team.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:44 PM, Talley56 said:

I was actually tempted to pick the Colts in an upset over the Ravens if Anthony Richardson had been active.  Still might be tempted to do so.

Also, calling it now, Denver/Miami will be closer than expected.  Maybe a one-possession game.  Miami will be looking ahead to Buffalo next week and struggle this week.  Miami still probably wins, but, while many will probably expect a runaway, it may end up somewhere in the 3 to 7-point range.

Why I don't wager money...

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

There seems to be something about Mac Jones that makes people of widely-varying backgrounds all hate his guts.

If you look closely at the first second you can see him driving into Mosely.  I dunno if Mac was just being Mac or if he thought the play was live or something.  Not enough of the beginning to really tell.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.