Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

49 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

She's on One Bills Live today with Chris Brown instead of Tasker.

I had to turn it off, it was horrible, back to fluff talk about relationships during football season.  smh

Who did she know to get this gig?  Or maybe she has enough check marks for the ESG score. 

She sure as hell wasn't the most talented for the position.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

I had to turn it off, it was horrible, back to fluff talk about relationships during football season.  smh

Who did she know to get this gig?  Or maybe she has enough check marks for the ESG score. 

She sure as hell wasn't the most talented for the position.

First off...that fluff talk was initiated by Chris Brown and Tasker at the start of football season.  It is now a regular weekly segment for people to call in if they have a conflict with a family commitment versus the Bills game.  Brown and Tasker give their advice.

Secondly, I thought Maddy was rather subdued during the broadcast.  Not her usual bubbly self.

I was totally shocked when one of the callers called in with two questions:  He's going to the London game and what other attractions do they recommend?  

Then he asked Maddy:  "How is your relationship with Diggs?"

Chris Brown immediately stifled the second question and answered the first question regarding London wih great detail.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

First off...that fluff talk was initiated by Chris Brown and Tasker at the start of football season.  It is now a regular weekly segment for people to call in if they have a conflict with a family commitment versus the Bills game.  Brown and Tasker give their advice.

Secondly, I thought Maddy was rather subdued during the broadcast.  Not her usual bubbly self.

I was totally shocked when one of the callers called in with two questions:  He's going to the London game and what other attractions do they recommend?  

Chris Brown immediately stifled the second question and answered the first question regarding London wih great detail.

I wish I could see a video clip of that one

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Nothing will ever top the guy that called into Sal's show and asked what was going on with Russ Brandon banging Lauren Hall...my all-time favorite WGR moment

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Has the identity of the person who recorded the conversation been made public?  Just want to know because I would like to know the name of the person that took that less than ethical action and has thus earned my disrespect.  In general, I find the Bills professional media to be very chummy.  They play golf, share Fantasy Football Leagues, attend each others weddings, appear on each others' podcasts, etc.  This is not a very cut throat group in the way I would imagine the media to be in other markets.  Most of these people are not breaking stories on the team or players that amount to much, whether they work for the team or not.  I am ok with that.  

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Has the identity of the person who recorded the conversation been made public?  Just want to know because I would like to know the name of the person that took that less than ethical action and has thus earned my disrespect.  In general, I find the Bills professional media to be very chummy.  They play golf, share Fantasy Football Leagues, attend each others weddings, appear on each others' podcasts, etc.  This is not a very cut throat group in the way I would imagine the media to be in other markets.  Most of these people are not breaking stories on the team or players that amount to much, whether they work for the team or not.  I am ok with that.  

Was the feed not available online for everyone?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

What did Sal say?

He just dropped the call immediately and went to another one

The funny thing was I remember it was the 2nd call he had taken that day and the first call was kinda out there too and after that one he did say something to the effect of "we're really having a day today so far"...it was really funny though, wish I still had it saved somewhere 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, JESSEFEFFER said:

The feed for the interviews sometimes go live a few minutes early 

It might of been a hot mic with the feed right before the interviews started 

Someone recorded it, and put it on Twitter 

Edited by Buffalo716

On 9/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, JESSEFEFFER said:

Wasn't it NYUP's Ryan Talbot's brother?  Damond "Draft Diamonds" Talbot?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Stenbar said:
1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

She is horrible, Her voice is the inspiration for twin beds

I can’t place it. Just an annoying presence and poor broadcaster and not a pleasing broadcaster voice. All the prep in the world can’t fix. It’s why former players are few in broadcasting. Like any pro, there is natural skill at this stuff, she doesn’t have it. 

• Agree 1

Was listening to the Thursday One Bills Live show and Chris was on with Maddy (Tasker off)... Some caller had a 2 questions... one about what to do and not do in London and the second was "how are things with Maddy and Steff..."

Brown immediately responded with an irritated tone "we're not going to go there..." and then talked London. 

So she's back in business but the organization doesn't want to discuss it.

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I can’t place it. Just an annoying presence and poor broadcaster and not a pleasing broadcaster voice. All the prep in the world can’t fix. It’s why former players are few in broadcasting. Like any pro, there is natural skill at this stuff, she doesn’t have it. 

Not a fan either. And she always says ‘umm’. It’s quite unprofessional and plain awful. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I’ve never been a Maddy fan—no Suzy Kolber. Maddy is close with Kim. It’s a small biz and the owners pal won’t be fired

Quite unfair! Suzy is a HOFer, exemplified by her graciousness with poor old, alcoholic Joe. (She appeared in his ‘Football Life’ doc and Joe claims it his turning point for reversing his life.

Maddy’s voice isn’t her best asset- a bit grating for my taste, but she’s not terrible in her segments.

3 hours ago, Since1981 said:

As a broadcast journalist, isn’t this a fairly critical aspect? One that is rarely fixed with hard work. I for one, can’t be a broadcaster ever due to my voice and demeanor 

Whenever I listen to a recording of my voice I am forced to see how much differently I hear it when I speak with it.  Just as there are faces made for radio, there are voices made for print media.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.