Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Why in the world would someone do that.  Whoever did do it had a choice and instead of discreetly letting her know about the situation

"chose" to do what they did.  Just one more example how people take pleasure in other's painful moments.

Apathy has replaced empathy as the norm.

Imagine being a reporter or commentator in the age of social media.  The pressure to provide content seems to overwhelm any graciousness that's left in that profession.

• Agree 3

The issue is not this situation but THERE IS an issue with leadership. I don’t know if it’s McD, Allen or Diggs but in my opinion no one knows who’s the real general and that’s an issue. Allen force fed Diggs in game 1, so his voice has negatively impacted Allen as he’s not reading the field as he should. 

Personally, I’m okay trading Diggs despite what he gives us. I love his attitude and commitment to win. On the other hand it’s not playing through to others, only distracting them. Get a first rounder for him, mentally reset, go get Mike Evans on his last year of his deal, and get focused.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, BillsFan2313 said:

But we don't work in the media, surrounded by people with recording devices lol. She should know better. 

I get that, so kinda fair point.

Not perfect comparison but, for year+, I was an on-air analyst for a network.

Did many live "hits". Before/during/ after a hit: segment producer, director, reporter are all speaking into your IFB.

I was so worried about a hot-mic I would usually just nod or shake my head. Rarely would I say anything.

So you do have to be careful. That said, I feel this is way overblown, given the setting and verbal context.

(Note: not a LAMP... just trying to convey a rough analogy from my experience.)

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Imagine being a reporter or commentator in the age of social media.  The pressure to provide content seems to overwhelm any graciousness that's left in that profession.

And it's all about the "me" culture, "look at me," "see me," etc.  It's what we've created with social media.  It's an untameable beast of sorts.  

Look at all the people often risking their lives, and sometimes dying, for their "15 minutes" or whatever.  

As well, at what point do we reach saturation for all of these people that are "influencers."  

1 hour ago, Berky1010 said:

The issue is not this situation but THERE IS an issue with leadership. I don’t know if it’s McD, Allen or Diggs but in my opinion no one knows who’s the real general and that’s an issue. Allen force fed Diggs in game 1, so his voice has negatively impacted Allen as he’s not reading the field as he should. 

Personally, I’m okay trading Diggs despite what he gives us. I love his attitude and commitment to win. On the other hand it’s not playing through to others, only distracting them. Get a first rounder for him, mentally reset, go get Mike Evans on his last year of his deal, and get focused.

Diggs is a captain.  He should lead on this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm just curious why I made two posts in this thread saying this is a non-issue and should be put to rest, and both posts have been deleted...

Because this is critical news and the whole season is at risk

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

She’s a grown ass woman who made a mistake. Why should Diggs have to throw her a lifeline? If you think it’s about him, we’ll, SHE made it about him. He didn’t put his foot in his mouth. 
By the way, Diggs letting Josh know he needed to grow up was not about Diggs. It was about the team needing Josh to be better,smarter, more mature. Josh agreed. 

Totally agree on the Josh stuff. Diggs is fine between the lines. Again she made a mistake on hot mic. But she spoke the truth with her Diggs experience and likely those of others. Confirmed by little dirty. Diggs could let it go because the world sees the catch with kids which shows him positively. Reporters don’t get that.

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Was it?

Yes.  At worst an off the cuff thing.  And instead of Diggs actually being a leader and having a private discussion if he was upset he had to go and tweet a bunch of stuff.  

let me ask you:  is there some truth to what she said and if so is that her fault?  Or Diggs?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am not sure why she hasn’t been fired yet for that. It is a major faux paux for a media person employed by the team. 

If she hasn’t been fired yet. It’s because of one thing and one thing only. 

diggs is a major a hole , dbag to everyone. And everyone knows it.

in other words - what she said was painfully  true to everyone in the building 

can’t fire her then

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

good point. 

Which. I hate to say it. I’m biting my lip. 

maybe florio et al / national media is right. There is major drama . Bills are a wobbling jenga tower

only thing that gets them out of this? Winning. Cures all 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think Diggs act is wearing real thin on people.  Only thing this woman seems guilty of is getting caught saying the truth out loud.  Can’t see him returning next year unless Bills get to the super bowl.  

Oh? Do you know Diggs personally? No?

Cool. 

You know what’s wearing thin….

ignorance

22 minutes ago, balln said:

If she hasn’t been fired yet. It’s because of one thing and one thing only. 

diggs is a major a hole , dbag to everyone. And everyone knows it.

in other words - what she said was painfully  true to everyone in the building 

can’t fire her then

Or…maybe it was clear she was joking and apologized to Diggs and the Bills….

I’ll say it again:

If I’m the Bills I put these two in a room and then film a short clip of them encouraging each other.

It would be a fantastic way to fix this 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why does EVERYONE try to run people OUT OF TOWN?? 

White Knights are here to rage at Diggs for picking on that poor poor woman.

Some have made up their minds that he’s a “diva since Minnesota” and no amount of being captain, loved by his teammates, getting annoyed with people commenting on his personality, etc, will ever change that. At a minimum what she said was incredibly professionally stupid, but nah, she’s just a poor young kid and it’s still Diggs that’s the problem of course.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oh? Do you know Diggs personally? No?

Cool. 

You know what’s wearing thin….

ignorance

Or…maybe it was clear she was joking and apologized to Diggs and the Bills….

and therefore it’s done with.

Do you?  Hot mic moments are when people actually tell the truth and this woman is around him way more than you or me.  Ignorance is ignoring all the red flags that are piling up around Diggs and his unhappiness in Buffalo.  Maybe he thinks this act is because he wants to win but he’s creating a situation where he’s done here unless we get to a Super Bowl and it certainly ain’t helping the play of his QB.  

• Disagree 1

35 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am not sure why she hasn’t been fired yet for that. It is a major faux paux for a media person employed by the team. 

Even if she personally believes it she is responsible for covering the guy for the team. Have any reporter in any other town say something like that about a player and those would be quietly reassigned. Because this organization is so dysfunctional anymore I guess people just think it’s par for the course. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think Diggs act is wearing real thin on people.  Only thing this woman seems guilty of is getting caught saying the truth out loud.  

So by this logic if one of our players has a known case of irritable bowel syndrome or is going through a divorce, Maddy Glaib gets a pass for talking about it because it’s rooted in reality.

Absolute nonsense. It’s 100% her job to rep the team and not gossip. She’s not even a reporter! She’s a Buffalo media mouthpiece, it’s almost even more her job to keep her mouth shut. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Nelius said:

So by this logic if one of our players has a known case of irritable bowel syndrome or is going through a divorce, Maddy Glaib gets a pass for talking about it because it’s rooted in reality.

Absolute nonsense. It’s 100% her job to rep the team and not gossip. She’s not even a reporter! She’s a Buffalo media mouthpiece, it’s almost even more her job to keep her mouth shut. 

Gossip? Why do so many people have to exaggerate so many situations?

Someone jokingly asked Glab while they're waiting in the press room to go get Diggs to have a press conference. Why did he choose Diggs to tease Glab? Obviously there's something about Diggs that both this guy and Glab are aware of to joke about a made-up scenario where Glab walks into the locker room and tells Diggs to come to the press room and take questions. Glab's like "Yeah, right." She should have just rolled her eyes and said just that, but some people have the gift of gab and verbalize their thoughts more than others. Glab appears to be one of these people. It's obvious from the recording that she's making tongue-in-cheek comments and likely smiling during the entire conversation. 

You call that gossip? You're comparing a player's personal issue like a divorce to tongue-in-cheek comments having to do with Diggs' strong personality?

Get a grip, respectfully.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Gossip? Why do so many people have to exaggerate so many situations?

Someone jokingly asked Glab while they're waiting in the press room to go get Diggs to have a press conference. Why did he choose Diggs to tease Glab? Obviously there's something about Diggs that both this guy and Glab are aware of to joke about a made-up scenario where Glab walks into the locker room and tells Diggs to come to the press room and take questions. Glab's like "Yeah, right." She should have just rolled her eyes and said just that, but some people have the gift of gab and verbalize their thoughts more than others. Glab appears to be one of these people. It's obvious from the recording that she's making tongue-in-cheek comments and likely smiling during the entire conversation. 

You call that gossip? You're comparing a player's personal issue like a divorce to tongue-in-cheek comments having to do with Diggs' strong personality?

Get a grip, respectfully.

I mean these are complete mental gymnastics for justifying her actions. She has the gift of gab? She’s just innocently making tongue in cheek comments? This reads like Maddy Glab fan fiction, you sincerely don’t know any of that either. Fact is she should have just kept her mouth shut, we don’t need 100 different ways to spin it. Get a grip, broski, respectfully.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I mean these are complete mental gymnastics for justifying her actions. She has the gift of gab? She’s just innocently making tongue in cheek comments? This reads like Maddy Glab fan fiction, you sincerely don’t know any of that either. Fact is she should have just kept her mouth shut, we don’t need 100 different ways to spin it. Get a grip, broski, respectfully.

It's called common sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

It's called common sense.

It’s called you have a pre existing bias against Diggs and are going to assume he was wrong no matter what, making this a useless exercise. Wide receivers catch footballs, and Buffalo media mouthpieces (not reporters) should be aware of hot mics and act accordingly, especially after 3-4 years on the job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

Which. I hate to say it. I’m biting my lip. 

maybe florio et al / national media is right. There is major drama . Bills are a wobbling jenga tower

only thing that gets them out of this? Winning. Cures all 

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Because everyone knows (1) it was said in jest during a private convo, and (2) there is truth to what she's saying.

I am trying my hard to just ignore the elephant in the room, and hope we just win and Diggs gets the ball a lot.

it is funny— my one buddy who is a Steelers fan told me that this Diggs relationship would sour fast a few years ago. His point was all these wide receivers are diva head cases, and come unhinged as soon as they are either not getting the ball and not winning. It is a WR virus. 

Its pretty damn funny when MG states sarcastically the truth about a player and then some folk think it has an effect on the team / players / or her…,

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  At worst an off the cuff thing.  And instead of Diggs actually being a leader and having a private discussion if he was upset he had to go and tweet a bunch of stuff.  

let me ask you:  is there some truth to what she said and if so is that her fault?  Or Diggs?

I don’t get how Diggs is the bad guy for her being caught on a hot mic saying something about him? Sure there are different ways he can handle it but if he was not happy about it and didn’t handle it the way you would have doesn’t mean he is in the wrong.

And I’m not thinking what she said was true. have you or anyone ever heard of him treating local or National reporters badly? I haven’t. 

he said he always treats them with respect and I didn’t hear any media types calling him out for lying.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Agree. Diggs did not take the high road. He took the sensitive baby route. 

Look, Diggs is an ultra competitive winner, but he’s a big pain in the butt. That’s the trade off. 

• Vomit 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

It was a joke.

Being a person who loves to joke with people, to the point that is If I ain’t joking with you it means I probably don’t like you, this is what I learned about joking with people especially family. If it is not a joke to them (not funny) it is not a joke! 

Diggs just had a tough offseason and had to answer a lot of questions in camp. He’s been trying to say the right things. I’m sure he doesn’t need or want this and wasn’t happy with what she said, potentially making things worse for him. And he is a leader on the team, not of the press. Jmo

Edited by 4th&long

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.