Can James Cook break a tackle, ever?!?!

zow2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He's also gotten very good at falling forward for extra yards while getting tackled.

I have definitely notice an improvement in that department. Getting 2-3 yards instead of zero doesn't seem like much but it keeps you on schedule and from getting too far behind the sticks.

He's never going to be a physically aggressive back like Alvin Kamara (who he is repeatedly compared to, inappropriately so, imo) but that's OK. Different guys have different strengths and weaknesses and there is nothing wrong with making comments about those traits. By focusing more on being elusive than being powerful it will even probably add some years to his career so he doesn't batter himself into ineffectiveness like a Cadillac Williams.

I just don't want to see people being ragged on by self-righteous homers for making honest, accurate observations about players strengths and weaknesses.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

You mean other then when he kept driving his legs and pushed 5 Cowboy defenders for 3 yards and then had the OLine come in and push them for another 5. Yeah sometimes he is going to get brought down by arm tackles.  Sometimes he is going to break multiple tackles on long runs. It's not a "1 or the other" situation.

Hes not a power back but he "breaks" tackles using his quickness in space, so tackles wind up being arm tackles. Hes had plenty of long runs and he's been one broken tackle away from taking it to the house on numerous occasions. 

Just now, Simon said:

I have definitely notice an improvement in that department. Getting 2-3 yards instead of zero doesn't seem like much but it keeps you on schedule and from getting too far behind the sticks.

He's never going to be a physically aggressive back like Alvin Kamara (who he is repeatedly compared to, inappropriately so, imo) but that's OK. Different guys have different strengths and weaknesses and there is nothing wrong with making comments about those traits. By focusing more on being elusive than being powerful it will even probably add some years to his career so he doesn't batter himself into ineffectiveness like a Cadillac Williams.

I just don't want to see people being ragged on by self-righteous homers for making honest, accurate observations about players strengths and weaknesses.

Cook is very slippery and tends to get a lot of yards when he leans sideways while being tackled so the defenders can't get a good piece of him...that reminds me a lot of Thurman...teams never got a clean hit on him, they only got little pieces of his body.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, r henderson said:

Second in the league in rushing. Third in the league with overall yardage. 4.42 speed. Plays faster than the 4.42 (Which is plenty fast). Cook is 20lbs lighter than Hall. Cook will make All-Pro this year. What’s the problem???

he’s aight.  Still not impressed cause blah blah whiny bills fans. 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

He reminds me of a slightly slower CJ2K. It is his vision and his feet I think. 

• Agree 1

He is better at being decisive and getting up to speed quickly. Before, he struggled with twinkle toes and taking too long to get north and south.

It's probably because his vision is getting better as the game continues to slow down for him. And probably because the coaches have been harping on him to do that. That game where he got benched for awhile and then came back in and dominated was a great example of what being decisive and urgent in your running can do.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

As his teammates refer to him, he's "stoic".

I'd like to see a little more personality from him, although it's entirely possible he's just an introvert.

Edited by Punch

5 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I've never underestimated a player like I have Cook.  I thought he was a passing down rb only.  I'm so glad I was so wrong.

At one point during the offseason, I thought our RB situation would break down something like this.

1st down: Damien Harris (best overall back on the team).

2nd down:  Harris/Cook.

3rd down:  Cook (passing situations); Murray (3rd and short).  

I never envisioned Cook doing what he did yesterday.  It's so fun to be wrong sometimes.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Punch said:

As his teammates refer to him, he's "stoic".

I'd like to see a little more personality from him, although it's entirely possible he's just an introvert.

“James, you and your team just won the Super Bowl! What are going to do next?”

“I’m going to Disney World!”

no laughing matter kanye GIF

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.