Can James Cook break a tackle, ever?!?!

zow2

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Cook is very slippery and tends to get a lot of yards when he leans sideways while being tackled so the defenders can't get a good piece of him...that reminds me a lot of Thurman...teams never got a clean hit on him, they only got little pieces of his body.

Also his lean physique means he only needs a small hole, and his balance, shiftiness, and vision are uncanny,

9 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Can someone point out the “multiple single arm tackles” that occurred? I hope a defender diving at his ankles isn’t considered a single arm tackle. How do the tackles here differ from any other back in the league save Derrick Henry?

I also didn't realize that Cook is #2 in the NFL in Rushing Yards for the season with 968 yards only behind CMC

On 12/18/2023 at 4:40 PM, GunnerBill said:

He reminds me of a slightly slower CJ2K. It is his vision and his feet I think. 

That’s exactly the comp I see. Same acceleration and vision, just not quite the same top gear and a little lighter. 

his vision might even be better, you can see the game has slowed down for him 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

I also didn't realize that Cook is #2 in the NFL in Rushing Yards for the season with 968 yards only behind CMC

Yes and Cook is starting to so some of the things CMC can do.

If offseason he can work with WRs so at end of contract he will not be a back which will be replaced again.

21 hours ago, Punch said:

As his teammates refer to him, he's "stoic".

I'd like to see a little more personality from him, although it's entirely possible he's just an introvert.

Just makes it all the more special when you see him break out in a genuine smile like he did on Sunday.  It warmed my heart, man.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.