Rodgers out for the year (UPDATE: Rodgers wants to return for playoffs)

chongli

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

The legend of Nate Hackett grows.

One of their OTs tried to cut Groot on the first series.

It did slow him down for about .7 seconds, which was probably about as good as they did against him while Rodgers was in.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:57 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, it was kind of a fun story … can he finally get the Jets over the hump. Would have been interesting to watch it play out. Now he’s just another guy who didn’t know when to walk away. 

And Rodgers actually gave back money when he restructured contract and apparently he had significant input into coaching staff and offense players which is something they would not give him in Green Bay.

I have been wondering if he stayed (Green Bay did not have much choice with dead cap cost) would same thing happen and it was just a part of his body weakened from all of the games.    Packers are my 2nd / NFC team and I always thought they did not give him enough resources there.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I have been wondering if he stayed (Green Bay did not have much choice with dead cap cost) would same thing happen and it was just a part of his body weakened from all of the games.

1. Freak injury, probably wouldn't have happened on a different field at a different time with a different player pursuing him.

2. Freak injuries become less freak and more commonplace the older, less flexible a player gets.

19 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Oh no, Aaron Rogers could be ready by playoff time, OMG, this is horible news for the AFC East

First Maddy now this....

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-aaron-rodgers-aims-for-potential-playoff-return-after-innovative-surgery

This is assuming they even make the playoffs, and he would be very rusty

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/12/2023 at 8:23 PM, Wacka said:

Remember when Marino tore his. He was dropping back to pass with no one within at least 5 yards. Wasn't a turf issue as it was in Miami. And age- he's 40 the body is not as pliable or flexible.

Had  a prof in his  40s  that tore his in a pickup b-ball game. He was on crutches for 9 months and limped a year  after his tear.

I remember that being in Cleveland but I could be wrong.

• chongli changed the title to Rodgers out for the year (UPDATE: Rodgers wants to return for playoffs)
1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Oh no, Aaron Rogers could be ready by playoff time, OMG, this is horible news for the AFC East

First Maddy now this....

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-aaron-rodgers-aims-for-potential-playoff-return-after-innovative-surgery

Damn...I'll believe it when I see it...but just in case, I changed the title! Thanks for the tip!

34 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I remember that being in Cleveland but I could be wrong.

Your memory is a good one. Marino tore his achilles against the Browns on a field notorious for its poor condition. Always seemed there was more sand in that field than grass. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

First Maddy now this....

Well, that’s nice and all that, but iF the Jets make the playoffs without Mr Rodgers being in their neighborhood - it will be because Zach Wilson has stepped up and Hackett has adapted the offense to work optimally with Dalvin Cook and Breece Hall and whatever Wilson can bring.

So IF they make the playoffs with a different QB driving, it might not be the smartest move on the planet to try to plug Mr Rodgers back into their game 4 months post-Achilles-surgery

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.