2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he has been poor balanced out by an incredible touchdown play. The pick he bailed a clean pocket and threy back across his body into double coverage and then he was lucky not to throw a 2nd one trying to fit a ball into triple coverage. He isn't in rhythm. He needs to chill out, not play the reputation of the Jets defense and play the downs as they develop. 

I will say he hasn't been helped by inconsistent play calling.

He's completed 17 passes agaisnt that defense, most of them excellent throws.

The few mistakes are glaring from a player that good, btu they have been few, imo

Maybe just a shade overgeeked for a primetime opener....

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think he has been poor balanced out by an incredible touchdown play. The pick he bailed a clean pocket and threy back across his body into double coverage and then he was lucky not to throw a 2nd one trying to fit a ball into triple coverage. He isn't in rhythm. He needs to chill out, not play the reputation of the Jets defense and play the downs as they develop. 

Still gonna repeat this - the game plan had been phenomenal and the play calling to go with it. Jets can’t pin their ears because they aren’t quite sure what’s coming at them, and Bills are picking their seams, as small as they are. 

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

Poor Nate Hackett. I don't believe he has the slightest idea what to do without Rodgers.

Especially with Rodgers telling him what play to call

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Dorsey seems to be the same frustrating play caller that he was last season. 

• Agree 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I also don’t think josh is at his best in the quick game but not much we can do with Spencer brown and no reliable run game. You know he wants to chuck it down the field. Just wish we had some YAC guys so he could dump off and let them do the work. 

I’d give the Bills a B- overall for the first half. Spencer Brown was rough and the run defense needs to get better on contain. But considering tonight was supposed to be the Jets and Rodgers coronation game, I’m relatively satisfied how we came out of the first half. Now let’s hope we dominate and demoralize the Jets in the 2nd half. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I weas looking forward to watching him play as well

Watching Dr. Chao (Profootball Doc)do a live twitter video, seems to think it is a classic Achilles tear and the team including Saleh knew before he was carted off. Saw the classic pop -  the foot was stuck and he tried to pull it out and you can see the pop, once Rodgers stood up and sat right down, he knew it too

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1