Chargers blew it

Xwnyer

36 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Honestly I'm going to give the Dolphins credit on this one, there offense is legit. Both teams defenses stunk today. It was a shoot out and the Dolphins made more plays. Pretty plain and simple in my book.

Agreed.

The Dolphins offense has the potential to be lethal and they showed it today. They put extreme pressure on the outside with two speedy receivers in Hill and Waddle. Then when a defense adjusts to bracket the outside, the Dolphins begin to exploit the middle. They played this cat and mouse game with the Chargers all game long. 

Tua, while not a top five quarterback, has the one skill that is essential in the offense that Mike McDaniels (Dolphins head coach) runs. Accuracy! He is also *just* mobile enough to be annoying.

Thankfully, the Dolphins achilles heal from last season showed no signs of being any better. The defense. The addition of Vic Fangio made little difference today, as the Chargers racked up 433 yards of offense. Hopefully this continues.

56 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Dolphins weren’t great either … D looked bad until the last series 

It’s as if Fangio just plays it basic all game because he knows his O will keep them in it.  Then when the game is on the lines, he pulls out the aces in his sleeve

You might even say the Dolphins are actually pretty good!

I know, hard to admit after years of trashing on Tua... but I don't care who the defense is, he put up 3 TDs & 466 yards. That's not easy in the NFL, and it's even more rare for a bad QB to do that. 

Looks like another year of tough games against the Phins. If Tua & Hill are healthy, they're a dangerous offense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8

1 hour ago, BillzFreak said:

Honestly I'm going to give the Dolphins credit on this one, there offense is legit. Both teams defenses stunk today. It was a shoot out and the Dolphins made more plays. Pretty plain and simple in my book.

Honestly I'm going to give the Dolphins credit on this one, there offense is legit. Both teams defenses stunk today. It was a shoot out and the Chargers made way more bonehead mistakes. Pretty plain and simple in my book.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I know, hard to admit after years of trashing on Tua... but I don't care who the defense is, he put up 3 TDs & 466 yards. That's not easy in the NFL, and it's even more rare for a bad QB to do that. 

Looks like another year of tough games against the Phins. If Tua & Hill are healthy, they're a dangerous offense.

Mike white had 405 and 3 TDs against cincy ( a better team and D than chargers) in his first ever action 

Edited by balln

ANY offense would look legit when the opposing defense (like today's Chargers) go "Oh, you're good at literally one single thing, throwing over the middle to YAC merchant receivers?  Well then we're going to leave the middle of the field uncovered and DARE you to try to beat us that way!"  I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

Cb ints in end zone tries to run it out versus taking touch back. Ends up tackled at 3 chargers go 3 n out and out from own end zone. Next play Hill beats cb for a TD.  Later on in game chargers lead have fins rattled 3 rd and long and agai hill beats them deep.  Later in series again hill beats them for a TD.  the chargers defense let Tua have ample time and left receivers free was Leslie Frazer consulting their D

He must have watched the Bills Ravens playoff game from 2 years ago and thought he was Johnson.

Typically people who play football all their life aren't members of Menza.   Players always want to be hero's

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, he did a great job of hitting his wide open, untouched receivers and taking advantage of that stellar play the Chargers defense and coaching put out there.

Not sure if you've ever played QB, or even thrown a football, but it is NOT easy to make an accurate throw to a receiver who is running at near full speed, like Tua did many times today. Hitting a receiver who is stationary...sure, my Grandma can do that.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

And without Terron Armstead.  The chargers D is talented but they’ve never been good under Staley.  Ranked 22 and 30th. But you have to give it to them.  They had some unfortunate plays yet still kept it together and made big play after big play.  

And the D made 3 huge plays to end the game.  They’re scary good if Tua can stay healthy.  Tough to contain that kind of speed all over the field.  Adding Berrios was a nice move. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.