Around the NFL Week 1

HappyDays

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

How did Tremaine Edmunds look today?  I was hoping to get a chance to watch more of the Bears-Packers game but only saw a couple series.  I did see Tremaine blow up a running play in that short time but looks like the Bears D got carved up

Bears fans are consoling themselves by focusing on Edmunds being only 17 years old. 

• Haha (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

It’s plays like that intentional grounding that just leaves me scratching my head with that guy.

He can make all the throws and he’s got all the tools, but he just seems to do a few dumb plays each game that kills the team 

At the time, I thought, "Allen would have ducked that rusher and either run or thrown for a first down." That's the difference between them, and it's a big one. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

How did Tremaine Edmunds look today?  I was hoping to get a chance to watch more of the Bears-Packers game but only saw a couple series.  I did see Tremaine blow up a running play in that short time but looks like the Bears D got carved up

He was harrible.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I couldn't see the chargers game, did they miss a GW FG or just blow it before they had a chance like they usually do?

They got the ball back with 1:45 left, quickly found themselves in a 3rd/30 situation and then took a sack on 4th/12 to end it after a :30 second possession. :doh:

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Without doubt - one of my new fave things is Pats fans declaring moral victories.

Lol no moral victory, last year going down 16-0 The final score been like 44-3.. I was just glad to see some fight in the team.. and the D looks good against a good QB for the first time in like 3 years?   Next week going be probably another L because it will take a heck of a performance by the D just to keep the Phins in the 20’s.  

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Gotta admit,  Miami looked really solid today on the road against a decent team. The only thing holding them back i think is injuries.  If they can keep their main guys healthy they will be right there with the AFC’s best 

They looked totally beatable. 2 turnovers and still a huck it deep or nothing offense. Gave up 230 yards rushing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly the Dolphins offense is exactly what is was last year, it's explosive, they have elite playmaking receivers. But there defense is still a huge question mark. Outside of those last 2 sacks they were getting torched. But week 1 is always weird so at this point who knows how anything will shake out. Either way that was a very fun game to watch.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

The Chargers literally did everything wrong on defense when you are facing the Dolphins.  You have all offseason to study how to contain that offense and basically did the exact opposite of what works against them.  The Chargers coaching staff is just brutal and ruined what what have been a great start to the NFL season.  Very overrated team.

Oh well..... It's on us to cap off the week with a W.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is why I’m not too concerned. Tua had a clean shirt today, but that’s not going to happen every week. He’s a ticking time bomb of a QB health wise. 

That could have been the worst defensive game plan I have ever seen, and not executed well at that.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol no moral victory, last year going down 16-0 The final score been like 44-3.. I was just glad to see some fight in the team.. and the D looks good against a good QB for the first time in like 3 years?   Next week going be probably another L because it will take a heck of a performance by the D just to keep the Phins in the 20’s.  

I mean obviously Belichick and that defense would be able to slow down that offense, still the same problem of needing to find a way to score points but probably have a better chance against Miami than the Eagles you'd think.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.