Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

On 9/8/2023 at 9:08 PM, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

He's a better blocker and much bigger than a WR. But he can run routes and catch like a big WR. Good is relative.

As well as if he works at it Herold develop good blocking skills, but you don't always need him to block given his great hands for catching passes.  Once he's being game planned for by opposing dcs he can learn proper leverage using fake jukes to take out a defender down field a bit as needed.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

Jets weakness- their offensive line.  Bills weakness is MLB.  I expect Ed Oliver to have a big game.  And I’m excited to see Poona, Floyd, and Espeneza, Daquan.  If they can stop run and pressure Rogers, Bills win.

Maybe McDermott will help change things that Frazier sucked at but how many times have we said “oh X team has a bad o line, I like the bills to take advantage” only to have the opposing qB relaxing back there while we rush 4 with our JAGs and get picked apart? I don’t expect much difference. Just have to hope that Rodgers and his receivers are not in synch yet. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Heavy action Jets and Under

https://www.thelines.com/odds/buffalo-bills/#p15cf2.JoshAllen

Buffalo Bills -1.5 at New York Jets +2

The Bills opened as -3 favorites for their MNF game against the Jets, but Jets money has brought the line down to -1.5 with the Jets’ additions of Aaron Rodgers and Dalvin Cook. The game had an initial total of 48 but that number has been bet down to 46.5 points.

Vegas gives 2 points for home.   Vegas say Bills .5 favorite over Jets at a neutral sight.

I like the Bills and the Over

Go Bills!

Case in point cincy had an entire back up OL and they abused our starters in playoffs

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, LetzGoBuffalo said:

I think you belong in the Jets discussion boards. Have some confidence towards your team dude 👎

This is a lame way to view things. So he needs to go to the jets board because he thinks the jets will win? So he can’t just be realistic and share his thoughts? Do you only pick the bills to win every single game? 

I also think the jets will win.. not because I hate the bills but realistically we struggle blocking them and josh is always running for his life. Not to mention they can take away Diggs and I don’t trust Gabe to do anything but catch bombs on occasion. Meanwhile our d line can’t get home without Von. Looking at it from an unbiased point of view, I think that’s the matchup. 

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Case in point cincy had an entire back up OL and they abused our starters in playoffs

Exactly. I have no confidence we get to Rodgers tonight. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

It's been reiterated numerous times Monday night is just one game. You don't get anointed a better AFC contender in week 1 of a NFL season. 

Come on now...They (Bills) are one of the better AFC contenders regardless of tomorrow's outcome. 

Flawed thinking here. You predicting a Bills win every game of the season? 

Ridiculous post!

Bet against your team….you always lose

• Like (+1) 1

That’s my biggest concern…getting pressure on the QB. As mentioned above, the last time we saw Buffalo we were going against an OL of mostly backups and STILL could not get near Burrow. 

Meanwhile, our OL allowed Josh to get harassed all game. 

There are legit concerns for me with this team. We will need Josh to be Superman IMO. 

Edited by Hsker4life

48 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This is a lame way to view things. So he needs to go to the jets board because he thinks the jets will win? So he can’t just be realistic and share his thoughts? Do you only pick the bills to win every single game? 

I also think the jets will win.. not because I hate the bills but realistically we struggle blocking them and josh is always running for his life. Not to mention they can take away Diggs and I don’t trust Gabe to do anything but catch bombs on occasion. Meanwhile our d line can’t get home without Von. Looking at it from an unbiased point of view, I think that’s the matchup. 

Exactly. I have no confidence we get to Rodgers tonight. 

Unbiased.  Right.  We’ve made changes on each line to address some of the issues you mention, added to the RB and WR/TE positions, and you act like we’ve done nothing.  Unbiased my ass.

it’s going to be a tough game for sure.  It will come down to our coaches and making good calls.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

The Jets have 2 of the fastest RBs in the whole league and we are starting a 3rd round rookie at MLB

It’s a scary thought. Bernard can’t make one wrong step 

One of whom is coming off an ACL.  Funny how that’s ignored.  And we no longer by and large have MLBs in the league like Butkus or Lewis that clog the middle.  The trend is more mobile LBs for pass defense, and D lines clogging things up in the run game.  Funny how that’s ignored.

• Like (+1) 2

Anyone concerned about the condition of the turf after games on back to back nights? I don't know a lot about monofilament turf and the maintenance required. Do they have to deploy more rubber balls? Looks like rain in the forecast, could make the field pretty slick

20 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Maybe the public is pounding the Bills. 

I always cheer for the Bills regardless of my bets. I always want them to win. Losing a little money for a Bills win is worth it to me. 

I never bet so much that I cheer for the other team. 

Sure thing dude. You certainly put your money where your mouth is, no one can deny that. Welcome to the Jets fanbase

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Anyone concerned about the condition of the turf after games on back to back nights? I don't know a lot about monofilament turf and the maintenance required. Do they have to deploy more rubber balls? Looks like rain in the forecast, could make the field pretty slick

You'd hope NFL cares enough to deal with that properly

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You'd hope NFL cares enough to deal with that properly

Apparently MetLife had crappy turf and the NFL made them switch to this nicer turf. They should have made them switch to grass, but then they couldn't do back to back games like this.

So they care only enough to not get any bad press about it. The $ still rules all.

Looking forward to seeing McDermott get aggressive tonight with the Defense.  SO tired of Leslie using that Tampa-2 scheme.  I want to see the DB's play up and be aggressive against the pass like i saw in several NFL games yesterday.  You can't just sit back and watch guys catch the ball in front of you all night.  That will just allow for chunk plays down the field.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

And especially not versus divisional rival.  And Bills still have the target on them from our afce rivals.  You don't win a division if you can't beat those in your division.

Kinda interesting to see the Bills game and how the divisional foe moxie plays out.  Because prime time MNF stars on Jets gonna s shine and we will see how well our offense shines.  Even Sauce can be blinded by a shining offense. 

It would be a real nice surprise if Carl Cheffers and his crew actually call Sauce for holding and PI.  Because he gets away with it waaaayyy too much

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

announced that Cam Lewis will be active, Damar Hamlin to be a healthy scratch - per WGR

Makes sense.  Still have two depth Safeties and for all the hand wringing over Elam, I’d rather have all options available at CB depending on how we need to attack their offense … and all 3 corners opposite Tre are very different styles of DB. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/5/2023 at 7:12 AM, newcam2012 said:

Agree. I'm interested to see if the Jets try to bully the softer Bills in the trenches. Smash mouth football sort of speak. 

Additionally, that Jet secondary might be one of the best in the league. Diggs might be taken out of the game and what WR for Buffalo is reliable? 

Davis

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

announced that Cam Lewis will be active, Damar Hamlin to be a healthy scratch - per WGR

Oh boy.. here we go. They wanna do this discreetly

35 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Spencer brown is still our RT right? Von is still out right? We added Floyd to our DL but is he going to make all the difference? Otherwise we’re banking on Epenesa to make a few impact plays? Come on. I love the Bills but can we be realistic? Until Von comes back, our pass rush is going to be a problem for us. I like Torrence and I’m hoping McGovern is better than Saffold (how could he not?) but Josh is going to need to be Superman again tonight. 

If I get banned for stating my concerns then so be it. I call it like I see it. I called the 49ers to win the SB months ago and yesterday did nothing to change my mind. I think we struggle to get to 10 wins this year based off how tough the schedule is and how much better the division is. It’s ok to say that. 

Floyd.  And more depth at DT.  And McD calling the D.  And healthy veteran safeties. But we’ve done nothing different on D.

You acknowledge we’ve improved the interior of the O line which should help control Q. Williams, but then say Josh will still need to run for his life.  Oh, and Brown is heathy too now.

Whatever.  Wallow in misery if you want.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.