Josh Allen and starters will play against the Bears

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I'd guess they'll try and let them get in a rhythm and then pull them after that series.

Besides the first series I can see Briwn getting extensive line play along with Torrence, and the other three rest.

I wouldn’t have Knox last more than a series, but longer for Kincaid.  I think they go longer than a series for Sherfield, and Harty, and Isabella all game.

Cook and Murray can go a couple of rounds, then just let the guys who will be PS for the rest.

The only guys on defense who should play past the first series are all these MLB guys competing for the starting job.

Just my perspective.

• Agree 1

I don't want to jinx anything, but historically when the Bills make an ill-advised decision, they don't get away with it.

Like playing their starters in a meaningless Week 3 pre-season game...

Or dare I say, kicking the ball into the end zone with 13 seconds left in a playoff game...

So, personally, I wish we would rest our starters against the Bears, but that's also because being a 39 year old Bills fan means I am paranoid AF.  So I guess, don't mind me.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A lot of teams starters are playing this week, don’t see the need to over analyze this and read into it doom and gloom reasoning

With the extra week off between preseason and regular season due to the new cutdown rules, teams want to get starters a handful for reps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I'd guess they'll try and let them get in a rhythm and then pull them after that series.

even just the rhythm of going through warm ups and walking onto the field isn’t the worst to get back in the habit of… right?

one more step towards week 1 being routine instead of getting your game day flow back in order 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Please let the first play be Josh throwing a pick six to Edmunds.

I just want to watch this board implode

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Edmunds’ next pick six would be his first, right?

I would expect it’s much more likely for him to be JUST close enough for a PBU, miss the ball, then grab the player and hope the safeties come in to finish the play after a gain of 12. 

The Edmunds special. 

Is Edmunds even going to play?  He missed 19 days of training camp and was a limited participant yesterday.

32 minutes ago, sven233 said:

According to many on this board, Edmunds is flat out awful so we should just send Kincaid at him a few times and we'll go right down the field and score to allow us to get out starters out after a quick series.

This but unironically. 

18 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I think this is a bad idea to put Josh Allen at risk in a meaningless preseason football game again. The Buffalo Bills also need to scan the waiver wire for a better more experienced back up at quarterback and offensive line options than what the Buffalo Bills have now in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I am reasonably certain this is a bot account using some corrupted form of AI.

46 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Doesn't shock me at all.  They were pretty rusty last week.  Give the starters 1-2 series, 2nd string 2-3 series and the camp bodies in for the rest.

not rusty. They've been playing for a long time. Just looked bad

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.