Josh Allen and starters will play against the Bears

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I'd guess they'll try and let them get in a rhythm and then pull them after that series.

Besides the first series I can see Briwn getting extensive line play along with Torrence, and the other three rest.

I wouldn’t have Knox last more than a series, but longer for Kincaid.  I think they go longer than a series for Sherfield, and Harty, and Isabella all game.

Cook and Murray can go a couple of rounds, then just let the guys who will be PS for the rest.

The only guys on defense who should play past the first series are all these MLB guys competing for the starting job.

Just my perspective.

• Agree 1

I don't want to jinx anything, but historically when the Bills make an ill-advised decision, they don't get away with it.

Like playing their starters in a meaningless Week 3 pre-season game...

Or dare I say, kicking the ball into the end zone with 13 seconds left in a playoff game...

So, personally, I wish we would rest our starters against the Bears, but that's also because being a 39 year old Bills fan means I am paranoid AF.  So I guess, don't mind me.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A lot of teams starters are playing this week, don’t see the need to over analyze this and read into it doom and gloom reasoning

With the extra week off between preseason and regular season due to the new cutdown rules, teams want to get starters a handful for reps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I'd guess they'll try and let them get in a rhythm and then pull them after that series.

even just the rhythm of going through warm ups and walking onto the field isn’t the worst to get back in the habit of… right?

one more step towards week 1 being routine instead of getting your game day flow back in order 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Please let the first play be Josh throwing a pick six to Edmunds.

I just want to watch this board implode

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Edmunds’ next pick six would be his first, right?

I would expect it’s much more likely for him to be JUST close enough for a PBU, miss the ball, then grab the player and hope the safeties come in to finish the play after a gain of 12. 

The Edmunds special. 

Is Edmunds even going to play?  He missed 19 days of training camp and was a limited participant yesterday.

32 minutes ago, sven233 said:

According to many on this board, Edmunds is flat out awful so we should just send Kincaid at him a few times and we'll go right down the field and score to allow us to get out starters out after a quick series.

This but unironically. 

18 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I think this is a bad idea to put Josh Allen at risk in a meaningless preseason football game again. The Buffalo Bills also need to scan the waiver wire for a better more experienced back up at quarterback and offensive line options than what the Buffalo Bills have now in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I am reasonably certain this is a bot account using some corrupted form of AI.

46 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Doesn't shock me at all.  They were pretty rusty last week.  Give the starters 1-2 series, 2nd string 2-3 series and the camp bodies in for the rest.

not rusty. They've been playing for a long time. Just looked bad

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Either give them something to feel good about or light a fire under them. That had to be a bad taste last week. FOCUS and enough with the penalties! 

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

With the extra week off between preseason and regular season due to the new cutdown rules, teams want to get starters a handful for reps. 

I still think if the bills looked good last week, the starters wouldn’t be playing this Saturday.

Last year Bills starters didn’t play the 3rd game, and if you recall they looked really crisp in that 2nd pre season game

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The only thing I'll say is that if they're going to put Allen out there they have to let him play. If he wants to run let him run. If he gets hit, so be it. What we saw against the Steelers is useless for him to practice. If they're worried about him taking hits then call exclusively quick passes and runs.

All this trying to coach Josh out of Josh is getting in his head.  His instinct is to run and then he has a voice in head saying no.  Now he doesn't commit so he partially runs and then stops.  This type of thing is more liable to get him injured than Josh just being Josh.

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Edmunds’ next pick six would be his first, right?

I would expect it’s much more likely for him to be JUST close enough for a PBU, miss the ball, then grab the player and hope the safeties come in to finish the play after a gain of 12. 

The Edmunds special. 

I thought The Edmunds special was him running head first into his own teammate and knocking him out of the game.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Cover 1 suggested that what may have happened last game was that the plan was to go all long-developing routes, no short routes, and see if the offense could protect based simply on the 5 base o-linemen -  and that against a very stout Pittsburgh defense. And, as has been pointed out, the D knew Allen wasn't going to take off so they didn't have to defend that.

• Like (+1) 2

I'll be interested to see what they do with Kincaid.

I'm hoping to see him just block.  It could be interpreted as an advanced signal to Bills homers that Kincaid is ready.  The FO would be setting up the Jets to put in an LB when Kincaid comes in.  Then not only abuse the LB, but go no huddle and keep the mismatch on for a whole series.

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Please let the first play be Josh throwing a pick six to Edmunds.

I just want to watch this board implode

So you got a little evil in you…, 🤣

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m all for it. The “don’t play the starters” crowd was a lot quieter after last weeks fart. 

Im always good with watching Josh Allen led football, idc if it doesn’t count in the W-L column. 

No we weren’t. The bad inspired play only made our arguement better. The starters got nothing out of that game.

Another poor decision by McDermott. This is an old team with many coming off injury. They need less reps not more. I wouldn’t dress the entire starting 22 guys. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

58 minutes ago, Commish said:

Cover 1 suggested that what may have happened last game was that the plan was to go all long-developing routes, no short routes, and see if the offense could protect based simply on the 5 base o-linemen -  and that against a very stout Pittsburgh defense. And, as has been pointed out, the D knew Allen wasn't going to take off so they didn't have to defend that.

Sounds like they are trying wayyyyy to hard to find an excuse for last week. I don't think it's anywhere near this deep. We just sucked.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Sounds like they are trying wayyyyy to hard to find an excuse for last week. I don't think it's anywhere near this deep. We just sucked.

I've never gotten the sense that Cover 1 is a homer crowd, they're usually pretty objective. Maybe they're just right 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No we weren’t. The bad inspired play only made our arguement better. The starters got nothing out of that game.

Another poor decision by McDermott. This is an old team with many coming off injury. They need less reps not more. I wouldn’t dress the entire starting 22 guys. 

How do you know the bolded to be true?  I think you could easily argue the opposite. 

If playing a quarter of a preseason game is impacting how a player fatigues or recovers from injury, they’ve got bigger problems. 

Im not the biggest McD fan but purely from a viewing standpoint, I’m happy we get to see the mustangs

5 hours ago, Process said:

I highly doubt we see Josh for more than one series. 

One series just to get the taste of last week out of their mouths (assuming, hoping it goes better)

Since Matt Barkley will be out then the other Allen will need to play rest of game unless they sign an emergency QB.

Any QBs names Barkley available just to confuse things?

And no not Charles Barkley:

“I played one football one day in my life, then I realized they were a bunch of damn idiots. Okay, they’ve just found out 30 years later you’re gonna have head issues and body issues. I knew after one day, I don’t want to do this every day.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.